[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Thelma Houston was up for Cindy’s spot. Shelly Clark was up for Jean’s spot and Merry Clayton auditioned to be one of Mary’s background singers.
    Thelma was mentioned when Mary went solo. You are right about Merry Clayton auditioning for one of Mary's background vocalists in 1977.

After The Spinners masterpiece it was unwise for a weak vocalist to attempt this particular song.

yeah this medley of Boat/I Don't really doesn't add much to the lp. it makes for a huge block of ballads which pulls the "energy" down from the album entitled High Energy

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    yeah this medley of Boat/I Don't really doesn't add much to the lp. it makes for a huge block of ballads which pulls the "energy" down from the album entitled High Energy

It was one of their best albums of all time. Side two with Mary's ballads got more play especially during those special moments with my girl! LOL!

^yeah i can see the value of having one side fast and one side slow lolol

also it would have been an interesting concept to have MSS do a full album of quiet storm. now i'm definitely a fan of the girls' hot disco songs. but imagine an lp of lush ballads, some moderate tracks like HE or maybe You're what missing.