[REMOVE ADS]

FLO's Christmas EP PHYSICAL CD on Amazon

Has anyone picked up this EP? Saw it posted on FB that this is available as a physical CD via Amazon.

Which of course gets me thinking: if the FLO's can release a physical CD, why do we still not have "Funny Girl" available in this format?

EXACTLY....I really dont get it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    EXACTLY....I really dont get it at all.
    Neither do I. If this "boutique" release can make it on physical CD, no excuse why these digital-only releases can't as well.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Neither do I. If this "boutique" release can make it on physical CD, no excuse why these digital-only releases can't as well.
    I would love to know the answer myself. I can only assume that Universal is no longer in the business of releasing cds.

Almost every week I receive emails from Real Gone Music or Funky Town Grooves advertising some new cds they are releasing and I am often surprised. Many of the cds are either by artists I've never heard of or they weren't blockbusters on original release. Obviously someone is buying these. I would think cd releases for FUNNY GIRL or BABY IT'S ME would be a no-brainer.

Eh, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think FunkyTownGrooves has put out a new CD reissue in a long time. The only emails I receive from them these days is regarding their weekly mega sales through their website, where 2 CD sets are priced down to $4. It's sad because they put out a lot of great stuff.

Here's hoping that the recent Supremes and Motown reissues are shifting more in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Eh, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think FunkyTownGrooves has put out a new CD reissue in a long time. The only emails I receive from them these days is regarding their weekly mega sales through their website, where 2 CD sets are priced down to $4. It's sad because they put out a lot of great stuff.

Here's hoping that the recent Supremes and Motown reissues are shifting more in sales.
    Re Funky Town Grooves, I believe you are correct. I just looked at the last email I received and they were advertising low prices for their stock.

Don't have the Cd Yet but thy look beautiful.

Rec'd the CD from Amazon. Apparently I missed "Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com". So actually it's a download on a disc. Other than the cover photo, the inlay card, label etc. are all black. The only information provided are titles and times, no other photos. In fact other than the girls first names on the cover their [[full) names do not appear anywhere else on the product. The spine etc. use "A Supreme Christmas EP - Various Artists". The CD sounds good, but just as good as the CD I made from the original download. But it isn't the only Supremes album I have more than one copy of so I'm good.

^ Wow! That's interesting to know! So it's not as "physical" as I once believed; more like a well done "burnt" copy?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    ^ Wow! That's interesting to know! So it's not as "physical" as I once believed; more like a well done "burnt" copy?
    That is exactly what it is. I was a tad disappointed, but I decided to keep it.

I would guess there are no licensing issues nor royalties paid on “Christmas Carols” so this CD could be made very inexpensively