[REMOVE ADS]

Interesting, but nearly 4 years old -

As a side note, Stevie has [[at least) two songs from the '70s that still speak volumes today; "He Misstra Know-It-All" [[from Innervisions) & "You Haven't Done Nothing" [[from Fulfillingness' First Finale).

Old-ish clip. Stevie has been quieter since his kidney dialysis in September [[he's doing great though, think he sang at Conyers' funeral last month).

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    As a side note, Stevie has [[at least) two songs from the '70s that still speak volumes today; "He Misstra Know-It-All" [[from Innervisions) & "You Haven't Done Nothing" [[from Fulfillingness' First Finale).
    Good choices. I've actually always thought of Stevie as quite political, even as early as 'A Place In The Sun' and his cover of 'Blowin' In The Wind'. And
    'Living For The City' in his godhead stage, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Old-ish clip. Stevie has been quieter since his kidney dialysis in September [[he's doing great though, think he sang at Conyers' funeral last month).
    He sang Mr. Conyers favorite Stevie song, "My Cherie Amour". It was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Jim, Stevie has always been political in his own way. Remember way back when he recorded "Blowin' In the Wind" in 1966?

yes Marv and we love him for it

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    yes Marv and we love him for it
    Totally! You know, I wished you do a thread on your experiences working for that large chain record store. Maybe put it in the clubhouse. I am sure all of us could relate.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Good choices. I've actually always thought of Stevie as quite political, even as early as 'A Place In The Sun' and his cover of 'Blowin' In The Wind'. And
    'Living For The City' in his godhead stage, as well.
    You're right PNH; Stevie Wonder has always been political and he has a long list of songs that address the ills of society. He's also spoken his mind in interviews [[such as the one from a few years ago when he discusses 'tramp').

The album, "Songs In the Key of Life" had some strong politically related songs contained it as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    That's my favourite Stevie wonder track.