[REMOVE ADS]

Thomas Beans Bowles

This man was like a Grandpa to me helping me help "my kids" so I will do anything to make sure his name is remembered...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub_kaoevwl8

At his funeral, I was asked to speak and then Stevie so you can understand my LOVE for Beans. I miss him so much but now I get to see this video and I keep watching it over and over again. Beans was an important person to me and he felt forgotten by Motown but he knew he would always be remembered.

Remember Beans...

Thomas Beans Bowles

This man was like a Grandpa to me helping me help "my kids" so I will do anything to make sure his name is remembered...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub_kaoevwl8

At his funeral, I was asked to speak and then Stevie so you can understand my LOVE for Beans. I miss him so much but now I get to see this video and I keep watching it over and over again. Beans was an important person to me and he felt forgotten by Motown but he knew he would always be remembered.

Remember Beans...

That was simply great......

I loved the bit at the end where it seemed like Stevie acted up like a kid does....and Beans joined in with the fun

I went to the Motown Museum when it first opened. A very nice gentleman gave me a 'private' tour of the Museum and took me in to meet Esther Gordy as there was no one else there for the tour that morning. I later came to find out it was Beans Bowles. At the time I really didn't know who he was. What an honor to have him as my tour guide....such a nice gentleman. I'll always remember that tour.
    Last edited by blueskies; 03-13-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Oh I'll remember him. The one and only time I had the opportunity to meet him was June, 1994 in Detroit and he was being honored for his huge role in the Detroit Music Scene over the years. I was more nervous meeting Dr. Bowles for some reason than the first time I met Berry Gordy. You just knew Dr. Bowles knew everything! I wanted to sit and talk with him for like 5 hours if I could and just listen mostly. I could just sense he was a man with a great spirit about him and one that had lived life well.