[REMOVE ADS]

RARE- Should I Tell Them- The VELVELETTES video clip from 1965

This was posted on the main board by Soulpassion, but thought that it would be even more appreciated here.

Also just stumbled across this collection of clips by the Velvelettes.
    Clips include: Lonely, Lonely Girl Am I, These Things Will Keep Me Loving You, Should I Tell Them, He Was Really Saying Something and Needle In A Haystack
    Last edited by SatansBlues; 12-06-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Wonderful!!!

Val looks stunning in the "These Things" clip...also is that Sandra Tilley in that clip?

I haven't played any Velvelettes songs in a while [[I have a friend who would be very disappointed with me!) they all sounded so good in this video. Time to play one of their CDs. [[I'm still annoyed that Berry Gordy never gave us a Velvelettes album in the 60s or even a Best Of from them in the early 70s.)
    Last edited by johnjeb; 12-06-2019 at 06:03 PM.

[QUOTE=johnjeb;553362]Wonderful!!!

Val looks stunning in the "These Things" clip...also is that Sandra Tilley in that clip?

I haven't played any Velvelettes songs in a while [[I have a friend who would be very disappointed with me!) they all sounded so good in this video. Time to play one of their CDs. [[I'm still annoyed that Berry Gordy never gave us a Velvelettes album in the 60s or even a Best Of from them in the early 70s.)[/QUOTE
    It looks like its Sandra Tilley in the These Things Will Keep Me Loving You clip along with, I'm assuming, Annette Rogers. In the other clips it does not look like either Sandra or Annette. I seem to recall Cal Gill once saying that after all the other original group members left that other local singers/dancers were sometimes used as Velvelettets. But I may be misremembering that fact. Its great to see that they did do some tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Wonderful!!!

I haven't played any Velvelettes songs in a while [[I have a friend who would be very disappointed with me!) they all sounded so good in this video. Time to play one of their CDs. [[I'm still annoyed that Berry Gordy never gave us a Velvelettes album in the 60s or even a Best Of from them in the early 70s.)
    ......very disappointed........

In this clip.....you have lead singer Cal ....on the right of the bar. One the left at the front is Annette and behind her is Gail Sonders.

Gail was only in the group for this engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    In this clip.....you have lead singer Cal ....on the right of the bar. One the left at the front is Annette and behind her is Gail Sonders.

I've been waiting for you to chime in about these clips. Do you have any idea what year or what show these clips are taken from? It was my first time seeing them. And when exactly did Sandra Tilley join the group?

Yes, Gail is a singer from Pittsburgh. She had a few singles released in the early 70s. She also fronted a band who's name I can't recall at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    I've been waiting for you to chime in about these clips. Do you have any idea what year or what show these clips are taken from? It was my first time seeing them. And when exactly did Sandra Tilley join the group?
    These clips are from 1966 and the show was "Where The Action Is" produced by Dick Clark and aired daily in the afternoons.

Sandra joined the Velelettes in 1966. Duke Fakir of the Four Tops discovered her.

I think Marv has now replied to all your points. :-)

I think Marv has now replied to all your points. :-)
    Great job Marv!