[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 34 of 34
  1. #1

    Uk loves diana ross

    It has been a long time since Diana has been in UK, and the demand to see her seems to be great. She has added two more dates to her tour.

    Diana Ross adds two new dates dates to huge 2020 UK tour - here's how to get tickets

    Diana Ross has announced two brand new dates or her 2020 UK tour, titled A Diamond Diana Music Celebration.



    https://www.smoothradio.com/artists/...dates-tickets/

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    It has been a long time since Diana has been in UK, and the demand to see her seems to be great. She has added two more dates to her tour.

    Diana Ross adds two new dates dates to huge 2020 UK tour - here's how to get tickets

    Diana Ross has announced two brand new dates or her 2020 UK tour, titled A Diamond Diana Music Celebration.



    https://www.smoothradio.com/artists/...dates-tickets/
    I was told of these extra dates last week. Thankfully there will be no more added.
    It looks like i will be busy throughout June and July of next year.

  3. #3
    Wow. She added another O2 arena show. Impressive that concerts are being added due to popular demand. Even more impressive is that these are huge arenas. 2020 is going to be a big year for Diana.

  4. #4
    Looks like a nice span of dates that are selling well. In fact looks like about half are already sold out, 6 months in advance.

  5. #5
    So amazing. I’m so happy for her. Her star power can not be denied!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    So amazing. I’m so happy for her. Her star power can not be denied!
    For sure! The response has been amazing. Diana is going to be totally overwhelmed by the reception she will receive. I am very excited by it all.

  7. #7
    But guys, our big "in forum" question is "how will Marv feel about this glory"?

    Or should I ask?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    But guys, our big "in forum" question is "how will Marv feel about this glory"?

    Or should I ask?
    If he has any class or dignity he will lie low after his vile insults towards Diana yesterday. However we know he does not possess any class or dignity so he will probably post 3000 Mary Wilson related posts in a bid to deflect from Diana's great achievement in selling all those tickets.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    If he has any class or dignity he will lie low after his vile insults towards Diana yesterday. However we know he does not possess any class or dignity so he will probably post 3000 Mary Wilson related posts in a bid to deflect from Diana's great achievement in selling all those tickets.
    Dignity and class? Maybe he has heard about it but he doesn't know what it is.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    Dignity and class? Maybe he has heard about it but he doesn't know what it is.
    This is true, but we can hope and pray that he will embrace the spirit of Christmas and try and behave like a normal respectful human being. Fingers crossed.

  11. #11
    Maybe this is a helpful tip - if you use an IPhone to access Soulful Detroit and you have someone blocked, you cannot click “view post” to see what they said

    Hence I can’t see 98% of what the troll trumps out

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Maybe this is a helpful tip - if you use an IPhone to access Soulful Detroit and you have someone blocked, you cannot click “view post” to see what they said

    Hence I can’t see 98% of what the troll trumps out
    This is the best way to handle this sort of situation, IMHO.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Maybe this is a helpful tip - if you use an IPhone to access Soulful Detroit and you have someone blocked, you cannot click “view post” to see what they said

    Hence I can’t see 98% of what the troll trumps out
    It really shouldn't have to get to that situation. I am hoping he will attempt to behave in a civil and respectful manner as the season of goodwill approaches.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It really shouldn't have to get to that situation. I am hoping he will attempt to behave in a civil and respectful manner as the season of goodwill approaches.
    Can I get a pony, while you're at it?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Can I get a pony, while you're at it?
    Ha ha ha!!

  16. #16
    The tickets are not cheap, either! I paid £565 (approximately $745 USD) for two tickets to the Birmingham show.

    Admittedly they are front/centre seats, but still. I am glad she can still command those prices AND sell out stadiums.
    Last edited by grangertim; 12-06-2019 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Typo

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by grangertim View Post
    The tickets are not cheap, either! I paid £565 (approximately $745 USD) for two tickets to the Birmingham show.

    Admittedly they are front/centre seats, but still. I am glad she can still command those prices AND sell out stadiums.
    That's the cost of two plane tickets (domestically-US) but still! I'm sure it will be a great concert. And welcome to Soulful Detroit!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It really shouldn't have to get to that situation. I am hoping he will attempt to behave in a civil and respectful manner as the season of goodwill approaches.
    That's as likely as Mary Wilson getting a Top 10 Pop Record on Billboard!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    That's as likely as Mary Wilson getting a Top 10 Pop Record on Billboard!
    Goodness. Nearly 24 hours and no rebuttal. Hehehe

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    That's as likely as Mary Wilson getting a Top 10 Pop Record on Billboard!
    Only if she re releases Red Hot. .... hahahaha

  21. #21
    I am dying to know what songs she will sing and if she will include "Im Still Waiting" and "Chain Reaction" while in the UK.

  22. #22
    I’m guessing she will sing those two songs as well as at least one new song.

  23. #23
    Yeah I am always a bit jealous of the UK.

  24. #24
    DIANA WILL SURELY INCLUDE CHAIN REACTION AND IM STILL WAITIING IN HER UK CONCERTS!!!!!!

    To be fair, I heard an advert for her UK dates on the radio, and both of those songs were used in the advert (among others), so I would think they will be included.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I am dying to know what songs she will sing and if she will include "Im Still Waiting" and "Chain Reaction" while in the UK.
    Yes she will sing those classics along with When you tell me that you love me. Don't expect anything else too radically different.

  26. #26
    NME (music periodical here in the UK published a “dream” set list when the Glastonbury announcement was made. It’s a brilliantly thought out list - I hope she considers it:

    * I’m Coming Out
    * It’s My House
    * Doobedood’ndoobe, Doobedood’ndoobe, Doobedood’ndoo
    * Supremes Medley
    * Take Me Higher
    * Love Hangover
    * The Boss
    * Upside Down
    * Chain Reaction
    * My Old Piano
    * I’m Still Waiting
    * Remember Me
    * Endless Love
    * I Will Survive
    * Ain’t No Mountain High Enough

    https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/...etlist-2557333

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by grangertim View Post
    NME (music periodical here in the UK published a “dream” set list when the Glastonbury announcement was made. It’s a brilliantly thought out list - I hope she considers it:

    * I’m Coming Out
    * It’s My House
    * Doobedood’ndoobe, Doobedood’ndoobe, Doobedood’ndoo
    * Supremes Medley
    * Take Me Higher
    * Love Hangover
    * The Boss
    * Upside Down
    * Chain Reaction
    * My Old Piano
    * I’m Still Waiting
    * Remember Me
    * Endless Love
    * I Will Survive
    * Ain’t No Mountain High Enough

    https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/...etlist-2557333
    Are there any clips of DR ever singing Doobedood'ndoobe LIVE? It would be interesting to hear. As for the set list, as a fan, I could do without her performing I Will Survive or Take Me Higher ever again..

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Are there any clips of DR ever singing Doobedood'ndoobe LIVE? It would be interesting to hear. As for the set list, as a fan, I could do without her performing I Will Survive or Take Me Higher ever again..
    She has never performed it live, and sadly never will.
    I could also well do without hearing I will survive ever again, but she will most definitely perform it at Glastonbury and the tour.

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She has never performed it live, and sadly never will.
    I could also well do without hearing I will survive ever again, but she will most definitely perform it at Glastonbury and the tour.
    Why do you say she will never perform the song? I take it she hates the song lol Wasn't it a pretty big hit in the UK after i'm Still Waiting?

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Why do you say she will never perform the song? I take it she hates the song lol Wasn't it a pretty big hit in the UK after i'm Still Waiting?
    No. She doesn't hate it, but i think i am right in saying it was a UK only single. She did not perform it even for early 70's UK tours so there is no chance she will do it now.

  31. #31
    Are there any plans for filming? iow, is there any kind of a documentary planned that is going to record this for all posterity (and from which to make some additional money ??)

    If not , I doubt Diana is going to stray too far from her well established comfort zone. She doesn't need to , the tickets are sold regardless, and she'll deliver just fine by using the routine she's got down pat.
    The less headaches the better!

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Are there any plans for filming?
    The Glastonbury performance will be broadcast on the BBC of course. As discussed in one of these threads, she will cut out some of the ballads or forgettable tracks from her tour routine in favour of up-beat 'greatest hits' for the Glastonbury crowd.
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 12-08-2019 at 06:57 PM.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    734
    I hope she deletes I Will Survive from the show.

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I hope she deletes I Will Survive from the show.
    You are likely to be disappointed....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.