[REMOVE ADS]

Only The Strong Survive [[Full Movie) - 2002

Here is the excellent Soul Music Documentary, "Only the Strong Survive" starring Wilson Pickett, Sam Moore, Mary Wilson, Carla Thomas, Ann Peebles, Rufus Thomas, The Chi-Lites, and Jerry Butler:

I hope everyone had a happy Turkey Day

edafan

I have a buddy and we crack each other up with an occasional "I am a well-kept secret...but not for long."

Other than keeping the 70s Supremes together, that quote is Mary's greatest gift to the world -- all hubris and attitude, with little to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I have a buddy and we crack each other up with an occasional "I am a well-kept secret...but not for long."

Other than keeping the 70s Supremes together, that quote is Mary's greatest gift to the world -- all hubris and attitude, with little to back it up.
    Well you must have been asleep these last few months and a coma these last 20 years or so. Mary Wilson has been on television and in concert halls almost constantly! She's not a secret anymore.

You said it Marv! Happy thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You said it Marv! Happy thanksgiving!
    Thanks and same to you Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well you must have been asleep these last few months and a coma these last 20 years or so. Mary Wilson has been on television and in concert halls almost constantly! She's not a secret anymore.
    Prophecy fulfilled...

You must admit, Marv, when she said it way back then there was no indication that she would have that kind of staying power.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Prophecy fulfilled...

You must admit, Marv, when she said it way back then there was no indication that she would have that kind of staying power.
    Are you crazy or something or do you just don't like Mary Wilson for some reason? I was there that night with Mary when they filmed her segment for this documentary. She was already into the 21st year of her solo career. She received 4 standing ovations that night from a New York audience! That is staying power any way you look at it. Now, she is almost in her 60th year in show business, she could write the book on staying power. You have to crazy to pretend that that is some small fete!

I am curious, why did you pick Mary Wilson as the only performer from this documentary to slag off? I would have guessed you would have gone after Wilson Pickett. He did say that Diana Ross was the ugliest woman he had ever seen in this documentary. Why Mary?