[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Who Wants To Live To Be 100?

Tina turned, 80! today, pardon my pun, and still looks sensational despite fighting major illnesses and a host of heartbreaking experiences and setbacks. I want to see what Tina Turner and others, who are still going strong at 80 would look like in 20 years!

At the present moment, there are more than 400,000 centenarians [[100 years-old or older) worldwide. of the 400,000 more than 80,000 living in the U.S. alone. And about 1 super-centenarians per 1000 centenarians who are 110 years old or over worldwide!

Question SD Family?

Would you like to live to be 100 if you were still active, in good health, with a lifetime income for example, of more than $50,000 per year?

If not, why?

Wait! A short Bible lesson before you answer:

So many are ready to throw in the towel because of stats or religion, for instance, some even believe it's God's will to live to only 70 or 80 years at best. To the contrary, in Genesis 6:3 God, said our lifespan would be 120 years!

Moses of the Bible lived to be 120! He was still healthy and active [[Deuteronomy 34:7) when he went home to be with the Lord. Moses lived to be 120, even after prophesying to the Israelites that most of them -- because of disobedience -- would only live to be 70 or 80. [[Psalm 90:10)

There is an old Jewish adage when wishing a celebrant an happy birth-day, they say in unison, "May you live to be 120!".

Do I want to live to be 100?

My desire is to live to be well over 100, in EXCELLENT health for my age, I want to continue to be active in my businesses, and amass a fortunate that would outlive me for several generations.

I ask again, SD would you like to live to be 100?

Tina Turner makes turning 80 look amazing

By Sandra Gonzalez, CNN
    Updated 3:01 PM ET, Tue November 26, 2019

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/26/entertainment/tina-turner-80/index.html

Last edited by MusicWise; 11-27-2019 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Link Corrected

Genesis 6:3

3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive[a] with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one [120] hundred and twenty years.”

If that is them in the photo, it must have been taken when they were 75 or 80!!! They look sensational.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    If that is them in the photo, it must have been taken when they were 75 or 80!!! They look sensational.
    I was thinking the same thing. Until I noticed them holding the Guinness Award for the oldest couple in the world! I do believe they have a good cosmetic surgeon.

103-Year-Old Body Builder

Mr. Universe 1952

John McCain's Mother, Roberta at 106!

Well, on her way to living an even longer life, 94 year-old Cicely Tyson, pictured here at 93, looks amazing!

45 years after her nomination, Cicely Tyson gets her Oscar

Bless them all, but me? Oh HELL no.

My mother is almost 96 and in good health with an especially sharp mind, which is the best blessing to have at that age. I can handle taking her walker in and out of the car, putting up with a little hearing loss, etc. but I would think dementia or Alzheimers has to be a real nightmare for a family to deal with. In my mom's case, she is actually highly motivated to make it to 100. Her mother lived to 104 and was also very active until the end.

This man is my hero:

My cool grandfather lived to be[103]and was still driving into his nineties,i can't think about that cause i'm alive today[i think]and having a good enough time.

My precious Grandma was 100 when she passed in 2007. My aunt had a great uncle that lived to 109, 110 years old. I remember seeing him and his 80 year old son sitting on his porch rolling and smoking cigarettes back in the early 70s.

Livin' Long and Goin' Strong: Sidney Poitier at 92...

Livin' Long and Goin' Strong: Harry Belafonte at 92 ...

You can add Leontyne Price to the 92-and-strong crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    My precious Grandma was 100 when she passed in 2007. My aunt had a great uncle that lived to 109, 110 years old. I remember seeing him and his 80 year old son sitting on his porch rolling and smoking cigarettes back in the early 70s.
    Marv, 100! 109! 110! You're truly blessed with some long-lifers in your family. May you too, lived to be well over 100! even to 120! in EXCELLENT health and prosperity. TFS

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    You can add Leontyne Price to the 92-and-strong crowd!
    Leontyne Price still looks sassy. Thanks for sharing, Sansradio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    This man is my hero:
    I'm going to check this video out tonight. TFS

My mother is almost 96 and in good health with an especially sharp mind, which is the best blessing to have at that age. I can handle taking her walker in and out of the car, putting up with a little hearing loss, etc. but I would think dementia or Alzheimers has to be a real nightmare for a family to deal with. In my mom's case, she is actually highly motivated to make it to 100. Her mother lived to 104 and was also very active until the end.
    Hi Daviddesper, My grandmother lived to be almost 100 and also had a sharp mind, which is indeed a blessing, and didn't look a day over 80. What a blessing that your grandmother lived to be 104! and was still active. I suppose you can expect to live a long, healthy, life well into your 100s! TFS

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    My cool grandfather lived to be[103]and was still driving into his nineties,i can't think about that cause i'm alive today[i think]and having a good enough time.
    Living to 103! and still driving well into his nineties, that's what I talking about. You're on your way to joining 100's club! Thanks for sharing, Arr&Bee.

If I do, it will be in spite of my couch potato lifestyle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Bless them all, but me? Oh HELL no.
    Hi PeaceNHarmony, I can respect your decision, but what if you're over 100, active, in great health, and very wealthy? TFS

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  21.1 KB
    I want to reach 105 or so, and still be healthy. I never really went to doctors, and so, never had to take medicine. Never missed a day of school other than for non-public religious holidays, never missed a day of work for illness. I wouldn't want to die at 60 - I'm almost there now, and 6 years goes by like a weekend at this age. My father lived to 94, and was still driving, working, and working out in a gym, and managing his fast-food restaurant 3-4 days a week and playing golf the other 3-4 until within 6 months of his passing. His mind was intact, and his memory was better than mine is now. His mother was 97. Fully healthy, and mind intact, she stopped eating and decided times had passed her by. The World was too weird for her. She was walking 3 miles a day, and had nothing wrong physically [[never in a hospital-had her 4 kids at home). My father had nothing wrong. He just went to sleep one night and didn't wake up the next morning. Probably if he hadn't given up his car, and then couldn't get to work, so sold his restaurant, he might even be living today.

My landlady of 36 years [[in Munich) lived to 105 with her mind intact to 104+, and also physically fit all but her last 6 months. She owned the top floor of a residential "townhouse building", which had 6 floors [[12 flights of stairs). She walked up and down those stairs several times every day [[which made her legs strong and sure). There was an elevator, but it is painfully slow. She never took it. She also walked in The Englisher Garten [[largest city park in Europe) for an hour every day. She still drove her car until within 3 months of her 100th birthday. She still drove through terrible auto traffic in central Munich [[city of 3 million people), and drove regularly all the way to her daughter's house high in The Alps near the border with Switzerland. Even at 99, she always [[except in winter) stopped, on the way, to swim in a creek. At 92 years old, she started taking a class to learn English language. By 95, she was almost fluent in it. She didn't speak a word of English when I met her when she was 70. She spoke German, Norwegian, Danish, and French. She was an associate board member of a museum for the artwork of her husband's father, and also on a board of an association of churches all of which her architect husband had designed. She was active in those groups till age 102 or so.

I am still working as a story-writer artist for comic books and animation, and writing a comedy sci-fi book series, and teaching seminars in storyboarding in public libraries. I'll be able to continue doing those things until my mind is shot, and my body falls apart. Those 2 things might not happen. I had a friend and colleague, who lived to within 3 months of his hundredth birthday, who worked on his artwork until within 4 months of his passing. He had never been anywhere but USA and Canada [[lived in both) until age 94, when he did a 3-month tour of European appearances for his hundreds of thousands of fans there [[he was a cultural icon there-much bigger celebrity than in his own USA). That 3+ month tour at 94 would have exhausted most 50 year-olds.

I have a LOT more things I want to do. So, I want to remain healthy and live 20-25 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicWise View Post
    Marv, 100! 109! 110! You're truly blessed with some long-lifers in your family. May you too, lived to be well over 100! even to 120! in EXCELLENT health and prosperity. TFS
    Oh that is wonderful and thank you Music Wise. May you lived to be at least 101 years!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicWise View Post
    Livin' Long and Goin' Strong: Sidney Poitier at 92...

Berry Gordy Jr. turned 90 just a few days ago.

President Jimmy Carter is 95 and is still sharp and active.

Berry Gordy Jr. turned 90 just a few days ago.
    Berry Gordy doesn't look a day over 80!

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  21.1 KB
    I want to reach 105 or so, and still be healthy. I never really went to doctors, and so, never had to take medicine. Never missed a day of school other than for non-public religious holidays, never missed a day of work for illness. I wouldn't want to die at 60 - I'm almost there now, and 6 years goes by like a weekend at this age. My father lived to 94, and was still driving, working, and working out in a gym, and managing his fast-food restaurant 3-4 days a week and playing golf the other 3-4 until within 6 months of his passing. His mind was intact, and his memory was better than mine is now. His mother was 97. Fully healthy, and mind intact, she stopped eating and decided times had passed her by. The World was too weird for her. She was walking 3 miles a day, and had nothing wrong physically [[never in a hospital-had her 4 kids at home). My father had nothing wrong. He just went to sleep one night and didn't wake up the next morning. Probably if he hadn't given up his car, and then couldn't get to work, so sold his restaurant, he might even be living today.

My landlady of 36 years [[in Munich) lived to 105 with her mind intact to 104+, and also physically fit all but her last 6 months. She owned the top floor of a residential "townhouse building", which had 6 floors [[12 flights of stairs). She walked up and down those stairs several times every day [[which made her legs strong and sure). There was an elevator, but it is painfully slow. She never took it. She also walked in The Englisher Garten [[largest city park in Europe) for an hour every day. She still drove her car until within 3 months of her 100th birthday. She still drove through terrible auto traffic in central Munich [[city of 3 million people), and drove regularly all the way to her daughter's house high in The Alps near the border with Switzerland. Even at 99, she always [[except in winter) stopped, on the way, to swim in a creek. At 92 years old, she started taking a class to learn English language. By 95, she was almost fluent in it. She didn't speak a word of English when I met her when she was 70. She spoke German, Norwegian, Danish, and French. She was an associate board member of a museum for the artwork of her husband's father, and also on a board of an association of churches all of which her architect husband had designed. She was active in those groups till age 102 or so.

I am still working as a story-writer artist for comic books and animation, and writing a comedy sci-fi book series, and teaching seminars in storyboarding in public libraries. I'll be able to continue doing those things until my mind is shot, and my body falls apart. Those 2 things might not happen. I had a friend and colleague, who lived to within 3 months of his hundredth birthday, who worked on his artwork until within 4 months of his passing. He had never been anywhere but USA and Canada [[lived in both) until age 94, when he did a 3-month tour of European appearances for his hundreds of thousands of fans there [[he was a cultural icon there-much bigger celebrity than in his own USA). That 3+ month tour at 94 would have exhausted most 50 year-olds.

I have a LOT more things I want to do. So, I want to remain healthy and live 20-25 more years.
    Hi Robb, judging from your heritage, active lifestyle, and your medical history you're on your way to 105! Thanks for sharing.

President Jimmy Carter is 95 and is still sharp and active.

President Carter keeps himself active by volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, traveling to speaking engagements, and continues to teach Sunday School.

If I do, it will be in spite of my couch potato lifestyle!!!

Hi Daviddesper,

My job requires that I sit most of my workday so I decided to do something about it.

Name:  18321a2382638c537a5bd3109b2c041f--prank-gifts-joke-gifts.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  8.4 KB

Hi Soulful Detroit Fam,

Please keep this thread going by posting nonagenarians, centenarians, and supercentenarians [[ages 90-120)!!!

I'll post another appreciation thread for 'youngins' [[ages 79-89) soon.

Thank You and Happy Holidays to All!

114-Year-Old North Carolina Woman is Now the Oldest Living American

https://blackchristiannews.com/2019/...ving-american/

I would like to live long enough to see the Liberal Democrats win a UK General Election. I just might have to live to a number considerably in excess of 100 for me to see this happen

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I would like to live long enough to see the Liberal Democrats win a UK General Election. I just might have to live to a number considerably in excess of 100 for me to see this happen
    Great minds agree that many of us won't leave this world until we reach our ultimate goals and fulfill our life's purpose.

I hope you get your wish, and live even longer to enjoy the exhilaration of a political smackdown!

Thanks for sharing.

Tony Bennett is STILL touring at 93!

Tony Bennett, Almost 93, Takes The House Down At Radio City!
    APR 16, 2019

https://www.tonybennett.com/news-detail.php?id=172

13 Habits Linked to a Long Life [[Backed by Science)

Many people think that life expectancy is largely determined by genetics.
    However, genes play a much smaller role than originally believed. It turns out that environmental factors like diet and lifestyle are key.
    Here are 13 habits linked to a long life.

117 Years-Old Kane Tanaka

As of 23 February 2020, the oldest known living person is Kane Tanaka of Japan, aged 117 years, 52 days.

Oldest Living Person Confirmed at 116 Years Old! - Guinness World Records

<strong>

Last edited by MusicWise; 02-23-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Genesis 6:3

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an [120] hundred and twenty years.

Remember Moses lived to be 120!

It is evident that God intended for us to live a long healthy life. According to Deuteronomy 34:7 at 120 years-old, Moses was still strong and vigorous, and had NO age-related vision problems. It's interesting that the Bible records that Moses' eyesight was still healthy even in his advanced age.

What Else Does The Bible Say About Longevity?

Ephesians 6:2-3

2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise:
    3 “that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.”

Exodus 20:12

“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Colossians 3:20

Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

Proverbs 20:20

If one curses his father or his mother, his lamp will be put out in utter darkness.

Matthew 19:19

Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”