[REMOVE ADS]

Motown remasters five albums for Motown In Mono series

Motown has remastered 5 of their classic releases in mono for a new series, called Motown in Mono.

The new collection includes The Four Tops’ 1967 Reach Out, The Marvelettes’ Sophisticated Soul, The Miracles’ 1963 You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me , Diana Ross & The Supremes’ 1968 Reflections – which has never been commercially released in mono – and The Temptations’ 1965 The Temptations Sing Smokey

“Motown’s hits were engineered to leap out of the radio. Their mono mixes imparted power, presence, and immediacy to certain sonic ingredients – especially bass and vocals”, writes the label.

The 5xLP collection has been remastered from the original analog master tapes by Kevin Gray, and includes a custom slipmat.

It follows Motown’s recent collaboration with Carhartt WIP on a new collection featuring clothes and gear.

https://thevinylfactory.com/news/motown-in-mono-vinyl/

Thanks for the info.

Funny, I could swear that the copy I have of the REFLECTIONS album is mono. I guess I was wrong. Also interesting in the photo above is that the Tempts' album has a Motown label instead of Gordy.

I didn't notice that when I posted. Now it makes me wonder if these releases will have the original labels and mono numbers. My Supremes' albums were also in mono, and I later replaced them with stereo and gave my monos away. Guess that was a mistake

Re the Tempts album cover, I also notice that the Motown logo is on it as well. Maybe this copy was taken from when the album was re-issued in the 80s.

Is it available for purchase yet. The site just kept sending me back to the advert., even when I went to the store banner.

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    Is it available for purchase yet. The site just kept sending me back to the advert., even when I went to the store banner.
    http://mono.motown.com/

I am only interested in Reflections, and don’t want the whole set.

I only want them on CD ---------- no CDs, no sale!

I don’t want vinyl or anything in mono, so
    Otherwise they look good

Somebody doesn't know the product. "Sophisticated Soul" was a 1968 release, not 1967.

I own a mono Reflections........

Maniac
    Any difference in mono version......
    Figures this would be released b4 CD or download