[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diana Ross- Fan's Song Request- of course with advance notice.

Which song would you request, of course with advance notice, of Diana Ross to sing at one of her concerts?
    My selective song would be-
    "I Thought That We Were Still In Love"
    - from the album- "Take Me Higher".

Endless Love with Lionel present

Remember Me
    It's My Turn
    Mirror Mirror
    Reach Out [[I'll Be There)
    What You Gave Me
    Top of The World
    I'm Gonna Make You Love Me

'Remember Me' !!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    'Remember Me' !!
    Remember Me!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Remember Me!
    And I Hear A Symphony!

Reach Out, I'll Be There

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Endless Love with Lionel present
    Well Lionel will be in the UK around the same time as Diana next summer. All i will say is watch this space.....

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    'Remember Me' !!
    My choice too my friend!

Someday We’ll be together.

Workin’ Overtime

Love is Like an Itching in My Heart

Remember Me
    Missing You

Thought it took time to fall in love
    Remember me
    Not over you yet
    If your not gonna love me right
    Getting ready for love
    One love in my lifetime
    Crimes of Passion
    Never say I don't love you

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Workin’ Overtime
    She hates that song and will never perform it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Well then, I’d like to hear a Michael Masser medley: Last time I saw him/ Touch me in the Morning/ it’s my turn/ theme from Mahogany.

No Mahogany/ Mountain. Just a stand alone “ain’t no mountain”

Confide in me
    Summertime
    Muscles
    Love lies
    One love in my lifetime
    No one gets the prize/ I ain’t been licked

It would be cool to hear “getting ready for love”, but it’s such a fast paced song, I don’t know if she could handle it now.

Whilea fan since the early 60s I simply adore Not Over You Yet, If You’re Not GonnaLove Me Right and especially I Thought That We Were Still In Love. All theother hits are indisputable but I love to hear Diana show she can also singmore mature, modern, dare I say serious, material. Those 3 songs get me everytime. But, let’s face it, if she sings the Somerset phone directory we’ll allbe happy.

I do find it rather strange that she would record songs she hates. It's not as if someone was saying record this or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I do find it rather strange that she would record songs she hates. It's not as if someone was saying record this or else.
    Whether you find it strange or not it is the truth. She told me herself. She was scheduled to perform it on The Wogan show back in 1988. After rehearsing it for a couple of hours she threw a tantrum and refused to perform it. I shall not tell you the exact words she used, but one of them began with the letter f.
    After she calmed down she agreed to perform This House instead which was not even being considered for single release at the time.
    I shall never forget that day. It was my first encounter with Diana. It was a terrible start, but thankfully things did improve after that dodgy start.

^ I had been told from a couple of peeps in the music industry that her language can be a little colourful if she is not in a happy place lol.
    I remember being quite baffled, but ultimately pleased that she performed "This House" on Wogan. It's one of my favourite Diana ballads.
    Ii was actually a rather good interview, particularly when Wogan asked her if she felt their might be some resentment to a mature woman recording this type of music.

^ I had been told from a couple of peeps in the music industry that her language can be a little colourful if she is not in a happy place lol.
    I remember being quite baffled, but ultimately pleased that she performed "This House" on Wogan. It's one of my favourite Diana ballads.
    Ii was actually a rather good interview, particularly when Wogan asked her if she felt their might be some resentment to a mature woman recording this type of music.
    She got along very well with Terry Wogan, and by the time it was time to be interviewed she was in great spirits. She subsequently made a couple of further appearances on the show. Terry Wogan was a big supporter of Diana,and regularly played her music on his radio 2 show.

Cross My Heart

Love is here and now you're gone
    I hear a symphony
    Reflections
    Good morning heartache
    What a difference a day makes
    Top of the world
    All night lover
    Come in from the rain
    My old piano

Also, "There's No Stopping Us Now" would be a treat!

This House is a strange one - some love it but I can't get into it at all and so it would seem for the British public.

Although there was only a top 50 subsequently extended to a top 75 chart ever available to the public an extended chart was available to the industry and in her solo career in the UK This House was one of only 2 Diana singles in her entire career never to make the UK top 100, the other being Ole Funky Rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    This House is a strange one - some love it but I can't get into it at all and so it would seem for the British public.

Although there was only a top 50 subsequently extended to a top 75 chart ever available to the public an extended chart was available to the industry and in her solo career in the UK This House was one of only 2 Diana singles in her entire career never to make the UK top 100, the other being Ole Funky Rolls.
    I think you are correct there Florence. I think there were worse tracks on the album than This House, but it wasn't very good and i am not at all surprised that it flopped.
    I used to have access to the extended chart and i recall monitoring the progress of her solo singles as well as the 70's Supremes singles, many of which only made the bottom end of the top 100.

I consider "This House" a touching, poignant song with a superb vocal from Diana.
    Having said that, i would never have released it as a single as it's simply not commercial enough and perhaps a little to R & B for a D.R ballad to be accepted.
    As has been discussed a few times lol.... Had "Bottom Line" been that all important first single, the fate of W.O might have been very different indeed.
    As it was, excluding the USA the album sold quite well anyway.

I consider "This House" a touching, poignant song with a superb vocal from Diana.
    Having said that, i would never have released it as a single as it's simply not commercial enough and perhaps a little to R & B for a D.R ballad to be accepted.
    Agree. I think "This House" is the most solid track on WO. I like the video, too. She looks so beautiful and it really drives home the message of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Agree. I think "This House" is the most solid track on WO. I like the video, too. She looks so beautiful and it really drives home the message of the song.
    I also love the video Guy. It's such a shame it was seen by so few at the time.

Palatial it may not be, but it’s a home and a castle to me....

I also love the video Guy. It's such a shame it was seen by so few at the time.
    I have seen the video but cannot recall much about it. It was probably one of the more listenable songs from a very very sub standard album.
    Nobody involved with this hot mess of an album were satisfied with the end product, and i include Diana; Nile and everyone at Motown yet Diana dutifully promoted the album in a very professional way for the most part despite her deep dislike of it. That is one of the reasons why i love her so and will always work with her when asked to do so

I do like Paradise and Keep On Dancin

The chief reason i enjoy the album is because of the edginess in her voice. That quality was missing from the bulk of her rca output and the majority of FBTP.
    Even if she did hate all the songs [[which i still can't work out or get my head around), it sounds to the listener like she is trying.
    I maybe in the majority on this particular forum, but i would be more than happy if songs such as "Paradise" or"Bottom Line" found their way back onto her setlist.
    In fact anything new would be an extremely welcome addition.

Paradise was sooo poorly arranged that it petered out half way through. This was a problem on many Ross tracks post Motown. Ross must have had her hands in that also because it was a consistent problem. Her meddling where she had no talent essentially ended her career as she knew it.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 11-30-2019 at 07:09 AM.

The chief reason i enjoy the album is because of the edginess in her voice. That quality was missing from the bulk of her rca output and the majority of FBTP.
    Even if she did hate all the songs [[which i still can't work out or get my head around), it sounds to the listener like she is trying.
    I maybe in the majority on this particular forum, but i would be more than happy if songs such as "Paradise" or"Bottom Line" found their way back onto her setlist.
    In fact anything new would be an extremely welcome addition.
    Hell will freeze over before she would perform those songs live again. She will not perform songs that she does not believe in.
    Sadly her days of taking chances are firmly in the past.

Hell will freeze over before she would perform those songs live again. She will not perform songs that she does not believe in.
    Sadly her days of taking chances are firmly in the past.
    That's what i enjoyed so much about seeing Streisand at the O2 and Hyde Park. Varied set list to include new songs and songs she had not performed for many a year. High ticket price, but more then justified.........methinks.

That's what i enjoyed so much about seeing Streisand at the O2 and Hyde Park. Varied set list to include new songs and songs she had not performed for many a year. High ticket price, but more then justified.........methinks.
    Glad you enjoyed it. She was magnificent wasn't she? The best female vocalist of all time in my opinion.

Glad you enjoyed it. She was magnificent wasn't she? The best female vocalist of all time in my opinion.
    My christmas wish is that Diana never gets to read this post.

Agree to disagree. Streisand has always sounded like a worn over bowl of warm mayonnaise to me. I know some people love her, but I've always found her unlistenable. D. Ross is my standard, all other singers fall behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Agree to disagree. Streisand has always sounded like a worn over bowl of warm mayonnaise to me. I know some people love her, but I've always found her unlistenable. D. Ross is my standard, all other singers fall behind her.
    I hear what you say. For me Streisand has set the bar way too high for anyone else to reach, but Diana's voice has been the soundtrack to my life and will be forever in my heart and soul.

didn't her son reference it? maybe that'll help reinvigorate her thoughts on it and the album

I would love for her to do:

Carry On - i think she should skip I Will Survive. it's a great song and her version is solid. but it'll FOREVER by the Gloria Gaynor masterpiece. Carry On was an opportunity for her to do a crazy hot dance track on a cover song

Surrender

Last Time I Saw Him

Getting Ready for Love

I Never Loved A Man Before

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    didn't her son reference it? maybe that'll help reinvigorate her thoughts on it and the album
    I am not aware of it, but it is possible i suppose.

Her youngest son likes Workin Overtime.think he used it in a jeans and but I've never seen it

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Her youngest son likes Workin Overtime.think he used it in a jeans and but I've never seen it
    Just as well he's not a member of this forum lol.

Just as well he's not a member of this forum lol.
    Are you 100% certain that he isn't ?

Are you 100% certain that he isn't ?
    I hope not as i would hate for him to have to read the nasty comments left on this forum regarding a particular album of his mothers.

I hope not as i would hate for him to have to read the nasty comments left on this forum regarding a particular album of his mothers.
    I wish i çould say your fears are unfounded.
    He is much more likely to become angry and upset over the vicious and cruel comments about his mother rather than relatively harmless remarks regarding the quality of one her albums.

I wish i çould say your fears are unfounded.
    He is much more likely to become angry and upset over the vicious and cruel comments about his mother rather than relatively harmless remarks regarding the quality of one her albums.
    I also wonder if Mary Wilson's family ever feel angry and upset when they read some of the cruel and vicious remarks that are often posted on this forum about her....I guess to some that's irrelevant.

I also wonder if Mary Wilson's family ever feel angry and upset when they read some of the cruel and vicious remarks that are often posted on this forum about her....I guess to some that's irrelevant.
    I am sure they would be, and quite rightly so. I have no idea if any of her children would access this forum.