[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Major Lance- Too Hot To Hold. Question for those who heard it back in the day

I was born a year after Major Lance's "Too Hot To Hold" was released, so I can only relate to it as a song I just happen to like VERY much. Yet, I've read it was only a "mild hit." I've been listening to a lot of Major Lance this week and mostly, I like what I hear. There does seem to be a "sameness" to many of the songs before "Too Hot", which I figure has to do more with the fact that Major's biggest hits were all written by Curtis Mayfield and he just had a signature sound that came through on everything.

This is one of my favorite Major songs, but I'd like to hear from people who were buying records back in '65 when "Too Hot To Hold" came out. What were your feelings about this tune? Did you like it and if not, what was it about the song you felt was lacking? I don't just want people saying "I love this one!", apparently the general public back then didn't really embrace it, so I'm wondering why the kids back then didn't seem to care for it.
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 11-23-2019 at 11:15 PM.