[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shamefully, I know very little about The Three Degrees besides "When Will I See You Again"... the only song of theirs I've ever heard on the radio... and, I'm in the UK! Something to correct... soon

That is shameful TT, but you're in luck cos their albums [[including "Maybe" deluxe) are readily available on CD with bonus tracks in most cases. A great starting point would be their Live! album [[from their Philly years) which captures their stage sound wonderfully. Saw their show 3 times back then and met Richard [[Richie) Barrett at one of them who was their manager at the time. Here's a treat "Year Of Decision" on a later live performance with Fayette, Valerie and Sheila from [[your) left to right as you view.

Just one more? The entire show with interviews and solo performances - why not whilst I'm this nostalgic?

Be sure to check out The Three Degrees singing "The Boss" on YouTube.

Back to Diana Ross now!
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 11-26-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Shamefully, I know very little about The Three Degrees besides "When Will I See You Again"... the only song of theirs I've ever heard on the radio... and, I'm in the UK! Something to correct... soon
    I hang my head with the shame of considering me-self a friend I echo MysterySinger and rather tend to beg you to start with the glorious, sanctified, amazing, bada$$ expanded Maybe. A killer and thriller of an lp if there ever was. Still have my LP, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Just one more? The entire show with interviews and solo performances - why not whilst I'm this nostalgic?

Be sure to check out The Three Degrees singing "The Boss" on YouTube.

Back to Diana Ross now!
    Never too much 3D. A great, great sound. I do look forward to se/hearing 'The Boss'.

Did someone mention "Maybe"? This is one baaaaaaaad video of The 3Ds - Valerie what did you do?

Sorry folks for bombarding you with glorious music - it's "The Boss"

Their version of Maybe. OMG. Valerie WENT IN!!! I heard that drag queens in the past used to lip to this song especially the speaking parts. I would die to hear them do this one day.

Forme Jean’s voice with its sweet, soulful sophistication was spot on for the 70s Supremes.But I’m a sucker for Jean’s voice all day long.
    Ialso adore the Three Degrees but ironically, it’s Valerie’s funky, raw, sexyvoice that sold me on them with Maybe. Gives me gooseflesh every single time. Ilike Sheila’s voice and on TSOP the girls rival the Andantes [[and THAT’s acompliment). Sheila’s great but a little TOO smooth for my taste. Hey, justimagine WWISYA led by Jean! Sorry, getting too fanboy now.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishTony View Post
    Forme Jean’s voice with its sweet, soulful sophistication was spot on for the 70s Supremes.But I’m a sucker for Jean’s voice all day long.
    Ialso adore the Three Degrees but ironically, it’s Valerie’s funky, raw, sexyvoice that sold me on them with Maybe. Gives me gooseflesh every single time. Ilike Sheila’s voice and on TSOP the girls rival the Andantes [[and THAT’s acompliment). Sheila’s great but a little TOO smooth for my taste. Hey, justimagine WWISYA led by Jean! Sorry, getting too fanboy now.
    A lot of people thought it was Jean Terrell with the Supremes singing When Will I See You Again. Remember they had not had a new record out for while by then. I thought it sounded like Jean, but I knew she had left the group the year before. Maybe the Three Degrees were attempting to approximate her sound with the Supremes?