[REMOVE ADS]

Pointer Sisters reunion... first performance in over 30 years!

Damn! They sound good! LOL! They have not lost a thing......well it would have been better if June was there, but this is great. Thank you Luke!

Last edited by marv2; 11-18-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Here are Anita and Bonnie last week singing "Fire" in Vegas:

That was so much fun! Thanks Marv. Bonnie is such a spark plug and ageless and Anita sure can belt it out. So great to see them together!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    That was so much fun! Thanks Marv. Bonnie is such a spark plug and ageless and Anita sure can belt it out. So great to see them together!
    I love it when people don't let age get in their way and are just happy doing what they've always done.

Thanks a lot Luke! It's great to see & hear The Pointer Sisters again.

Thank you, Luke. This is wonderful to see the three Pointer Sisters together again. I love seeing Bonnie back with Anita and Ruth. After all, they are real sisters. [[I do miss June Pointer.)

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks Luke! A nice treat for the start of a shitty morning! They sound fantastic.

My pleasure everyone. Great to see!

Those harmonies still hold up! The Pointer Sisters always sounded so great together - like one voice singing three or four notes at the same time! Love seeing them still mixing it up!

My tie for second favorite female vocal group of all time. Love them so much. This isn't exactly their first reunion performance in 30 years. About 10 years ago, Ruth, Anita and Bonnie sang "Fire" and "Going Down Slowly" at one of Ruth's son's gigs, and then another time the three sang "I'm So Excited" at another of Ruth's son's gigs.

True. It’s their first “public” gig per info given. They sang together around 1990 with June in Vegas I believe.

Wow,the pointer sisters-good stuff!!

It would be great to get a final Pointer Sisters album, especially if they reconnected with some of their Blue Thumb collaborators. Maybe a tie-in documentary might help sell such a product.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    It would be great to get a final Pointer Sisters album, especially if they reconnected with some of their Blue Thumb collaborators. Maybe a tie-in documentary might help sell such a product.
    Great idea!

Just curious if Bonnie has ever talked about her feelings towards the success the Pointers had after her departure?

Her solo career was a disappointment after a promising start with her first Motown album — I seem to recall picking up her album along with “Energy” on the same day.

Anita stated in a recent interview that she would like to reunite formally with Ruth and Bonnie again onstage, possibly for a big Hollywood Bowl show, with an orchestral accompaniment, to celebrate the Pointer Sisters' 50th anniversary. There are no formal plans in place, she was just putting the idea out there, saying she is hoping that maybe a promoter will catch wind of this and be interested in making it happen. It would be great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Anita stated in a recent interview that she would like to reunite formally with Ruth and Bonnie again onstage, possibly for a big Hollywood Bowl show, with an orchestral accompaniment, to celebrate the Pointer Sisters' 50th anniversary. There are no formal plans in place, she was just putting the idea out there, saying she is hoping that maybe a promoter will catch wind of this and be interested in making it happen. It would be great to see.
    The bulk of their material is with Sony, I believe. Maybe an orchestral remix album with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, as has been done with other artists [[Aretha, Rod Stewart, Roy Orbison etc.), might help make a big orchestral show/tour a reality.

While I respect their achievements in the Planet/RCA era, I'd be interested to hear those classic vocals with more of a live [[hopefully, funkier) backing.

Trevor Horn produced the new Rod Stewart orchestral re-imaginings album. Who would be a good producer for Pointer Sisters?

Smallworld, I would also love an orchestral remix album on the Pointer Sisters. Great idea! From the performances they have done overseas for Night of the Proms, their music really does sound great being performed by an orchestra.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    With the right promo, this would be a popular event. They have quite a song book and still sound great!