[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson and..........".FLOY JOY!"

Here's Mary Wilson singing "Floy Joy" and making Smokey really happy <wink!> LOL!

I saw Mary last night in Cardiff, and thought that the 70's Supremes part of her set was the highlight of the show. Nathan Jones, Floy Joy,Bad Weather and River Deep -Mountain High, She and her backing singers were spot on! I enjoyed the show but there was something missing from the performance, it is quite a hard tour for Mary, continuous one nighters, all over the UK with no rest days for 6 nights, it's a hell of a schedule for a 67 year old, I hope she is not pushing herself too hard. Band were tight, as were the backing singers, would have prefered to here Stoned Love and Up the Ladder than the Rolling Stones covers but all in all a good show. [[ Chi Lites as support too) Although poor attendance, only 400 audiance in a 2000 seater venue.

I wonder if Mary and Diana are doing all this touring because there's something bigger in the works--like a reunion, TV
    special?

How were the Chi-Lites?

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Although poor attendance, only 400 audiance in a 2000 seater venue.
    Thats not a bad crowd. The problem is the venues. They are too big. They booked her into venues that they can't sell out. Anyone know what the attendence was for other dates?

topdiva1 Guest
    Very nice performance - I prefer Mary in gowns - as it projects a better overall look.

I thought this was great!! Love the interaction and Mary sounded great! Nice change!

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Thats not a bad crowd. The problem is the venues. They are too big. They booked her into venues that they can't sell out. Anyone know what the attendence was for other dates?
    One of the difficulties filling the venues is that if relatively little publicity is given, then it will only sell to those really keen or know about the tour. In Croydon for example, there was very little promotion about the concert. Indeed, looking at the boards outside the venue, although it was listed, there was a real lack of a decent push to make everyone know that Mary was going to perform there.

I don't know what the capacity of Croydon is, but I would estimate that it was at least 70% full.

Chi-Lites: they were ok. I just thought that the music was too loud to enjoy it as well as I might have done. One of my favourites - 'you don't have to go' wasn't performed, although they did sing "it's time for love", another one of my favourites.

Thanks Marv I've been waiting to hear this. I have to agree with the assesment that Mary is working really hard right now and I'm sure it's taking a bit of a toll on her. All and all she sounds great I'm glad she added Floy Joy and Nathan Jones to her set. Now if she would add He's My Man and Up The Ladder To The Roof at some point I'd me a happy camper.

I'm also happy that Mary has included Floy Joy in her Show,thanks Marv2,Mary sounds great,and yes her background singers,and band is really tight.I love Mary's new single,Lifes been good to me.
    Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Very nice performance - I prefer Mary in gowns - as it projects a better overall look.
    Yes, great performance. The only good thing I can say about that dress is it looks "comfortable"!

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Thanks Marv I've been waiting to hear this. I have to agree with the assesment that Mary is working really hard right now and I'm sure it's taking a bit of a toll on her. All and all she sounds great I'm glad she added Floy Joy and Nathan Jones to her set. Now if she would add He's My Man and Up The Ladder To The Roof at some point I'd me a happy camper.
    She has also "re-added" "River Deep, Mountain High" and "Bad Weather" to her set.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She has also "re-added" "River Deep, Mountain High" and "Bad Weather" to her set.
    And she sings Bad weather just after mentioning songs from the Jean and Cindy line-up!
    Ooops! Poor Lynda!
    I would've loved to hear her sing 'Don't let my teardrops bother you' as that is one of my favourite Mary leads.

Yeah she's been singing River Deep Mountain High on a regular, so she's been singing 70's stuff for awhile now

Has anyone heard the version of Floy Joy that was performed on the Merv Griffin show with Mary Jean & Cindy doing the lead?

Has anyone heard the version of Floy Joy that was performed on the Merv Griffin show with Mary Jean & Cindy doing the lead?

Yes I heard it , it was very good I thought. There use to be an audio file of it online. It's from around the end of January 1972.

Rod_rick, here is the audio you mentioned earlier.of Mary , Jean and Cindy singing "Floy Joy" live on the Merv Griffin Show in 1972. You need to have "QuickTime" installed on your computer to play it. Try it:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/kMV6Ten...UjfB/merv3.MPG

or

http://tinyurl.com/4h8yp8d
    Last edited by marv2; 03-11-2011 at 09:27 PM.

thanks Marv did they ever record this version[[JMC lead) or perform it live

thanks Marv did they ever record this version[[JMC lead) or perform it live
    They never recorded it that way. I am not sure if they ever performed it live that way as they only had several weeks before Cindy Birdsong took her leave of absence in 1972.