[REMOVE ADS]

Florence Ballard--The Supreme Superstar

Name:  Screenshot_20191113-175909_Facebook.jpg
Views: 8138
Size:  59.1 KB

Came across this great photo of Flo on Facebook. It was taken in February 1967. She looks like a star in this picture.

Great Picture, but why is everything blurry except for her face? Is there some photoshop going on?

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20191113-175909_Facebook.jpg
Views: 8138
Size:  59.1 KB

Came across this great photo of Flo on Facebook. It was taken in February 1967. She looks like a star in this picture.
    Now that is gorgeous, sexy woman! 1967? She don't look fat to me! Thanks Floyjoy for sharing this great pic.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Great Picture, but why is everything blurry except for her face? Is there some photoshop going on?
    Some of the pictures that have been posted on Facebook have been cleaned up a bit.

It certainly looks that way.

I really don't like this photo at all. It has definitely been photoshopped and scarcely even looks like Flo.

At first I thought that the date has to be wrong because I've never seen Flo wear that style so late in the game. Plus her face is much more slimmer here than it was in 1967. But then I noticed the dress she was wearing so I figure I was wrong. But now that everyone is pointing out the appearance of having been photoshopped, I'm inclined to agree. It looks like someone took Flo's face from a 1965 photo and placed it on a 1967 photo based on the hairstyle and slim of face. I could be wrong again, but I'm not sure this is an original photo.

However, she does look very beautiful, as usual.

RanRan there are more pictures from that night and she has that same hairstyle. I've also seen pictures from this time period of the group waiting in an airport and Flo had that hairstyle and at first I thought the same thing [[it must be a 1965 photo incorrectly dated as 1967).

Here's a shot from the same poster during that same show.
    Name:  Flo 1967.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  5.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CoolKatz View Post
    Here's a shot from the same poster during that same show.
    Name:  Flo 1967.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  5.8 KB
    She looks gorgeous and it does not look to be photoshopped. Thank you CoolKatz!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She looks gorgeous and it does not look to be photoshopped. Thank you CoolKatz!
    I think Flo could have been a great solo act. Toss in her comedic skills w her singing would have been successful.

Flo would have been a great Broadway Star Performer.She had superb comedic timing and her vocal range was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I think Flo could have been a great solo act. Toss in her comedic skills w her singing would have been successful.
    She could have. Should have been able to use "Original Supreme" in her billing and promotional materials. Al Abrams worked with her,but that unfair clause made things difficult.

She could have. Should have been able to use "Original Supreme" in her billing and promotional materials. Al Abrams worked with her,but that unfair clause made things difficult.
    Wow, didn’t know that Al worked with Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Flo would have been a great Broadway Star Performer.She had superb comedic timing and her vocal range was impressive.
    Along with being very beautiful.

Wow, didn’t know that Al worked with Flo.
    Yeah! He even showed me some of her stage costumes that he and Nancy still had of Flo's when I went to see him at his home a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    with training, i think from a vocal perspective, Flo might have found a niche in broadway but she had no where near the discipline for it. It's unfortunate that all of the events lead to this. on the one hand, motown didn't really give her the studio time or training to excel like they did Diana. but Flo also had a whole host of her own personal demons which would have been a barrier to such work.

i think some of the fans are just "cleaning up" some of the old pics. not cutting and splicing but using modern photo shop techniques to make them less blurry, brighter, more clear.

Yeah! He even showed me some of her stage costumes that he and Nancy still had of Flo's when I went to see him at his home a few years back.
    Wow. Thats amazing. Marv2 You really should make a video about your up close encounters with Supremes gowns and wigs and shoes. Your real knowledgeablle about all the stage outfits.

My friend who rehearsed w Flo at her house recently passed away. I Wonder if she worked with Al as she was a professional singer?

My friend who rehearsed w Flo at her house recently passed away. I Wonder if she worked with Al as she was a professional singer?
    I have no idea. The last artist Al was working was Jackie Wilson's son.

This makes me cry. I love Flo. I light a candle every week at mass for her.

Quote Originally Posted by REYnoldo Chavez View Post
    This makes me cry. I love Flo. I light a candle every week at mass for her.
    I'm sure she and Jesus see them.

I never could exactly put my finger on why Flo always stood out to me and why I felt like I knew her. Years later I think it was just because she was a down to earth person. Her and Diana were and always will be my favorite Supremes.