[REMOVE ADS]

New 2-CD sets Exclusive to HMV

Two budget releases exclusive to HMV released today at £3.99 each. Both are 2-CD sets titled "All The Greats"

Name:  538 890-0a.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  94.9 KB
    Name:  538 890-0b.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  100.5 KB
    Name:  538 890-6a.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  96.1 KB
    Name:  538 890-6b.jpg
Views: 1128
Size:  102.9 KB

Interesting collection in both cases. If the sound quality is there, they sound like a good buy. Now tell us the rest of the story.........which is that HMV is going to expand on this concept and steadily move through the entire Motown roster. THEN you might have my full attention!!!

Just checked their website. They only deliver to the UK.....so there goes that fantasy!!

How strange - but they do look great.

HATE the tops photo. It's from 1975. Way after the Motown era. Get an unreleased 1965 photo.

I was going to say that the packaging looks nice,but I am sure I have all of these songs/recording a few times over already.

We still have a record store - it used to be HMV

I wonder if these collections contain any different mixes etc?

I picked the both sets this week but haven't had chance to play them yet also there were other sets but not Motown related, Ella Fitzgerald The Platters amongst them. Very good value for money

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    I picked the both sets this week but haven't had chance to play them yet also there were other sets but not Motown related, Ella Fitzgerald The Platters amongst them. Very good value for money
    I was in HMV last week but didn't see them then. I haven't had chance to go in this week but will try and do so next week. These sets look interesting.

There was a stand alone display of all the titles in the series in the Cardiff Store they didn't have them in the racks hope that helps

Bought the Tops as the only compilation I have is the twelve track greatest hits cd. Made by Spectrum so you probably know what to expect? No sleeve notes but perfectly acceptable sound quality. Free post if you spend a tenner. A no brainer then and thanks to booty for original post

Regurgitating the same songs with zero effort in the artwork. Nothing to make me want it. Being the four tops biggest fan, even i wouldn't buy this. Give us unreleased stuff, quit regurgitating.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmusic4life View Post
    Regurgitating the same songs with zero effort in the artwork. Nothing to make me want it. Being the four tops biggest fan, even i wouldn't buy this. Give us unreleased stuff, quit regurgitating.
    These are bigger sellers to the general public [[vs. the fan base) and often finance the special projects. Or at least that's the way it used to work.

I bought them both today. £8.00 for 80 songs! 10p per song! Yes I have them all many times over but not in this particular order!

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    There was a stand alone display of all the titles in the series in the Cardiff Store they didn't have them in the racks hope that helps
    Thank you for that.

Look like pretty good collections!