[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I thought Diana was saying a little light flows .

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I thought Diana was saying a little light flows .
    I don't know. It may be my hearing. LOL

You may be right.

Forget #5. My other four points still matter.

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Florence Ballard's renedition of "Oh Holy
    Night" is beautiful. I believe that if underground recordings of Flo's singing, during the interval
    of time, between her recording contracts, were
    to be discovered, they could be released as an album-with royalties given to her children.
    1. Have Flo's children ever signed away literary rights for the family authorized biography of
    Florence Ballard?
    2.After Florence left The Supremes, much has been written about the minimal contact maintained by Mary Wilson and Diana Ross. How much contact existed between them and Florence Ballard? Did Berry Gordy limit contact?
    3. I think Diana Ross and The Supremes were overworked,which had an effect on their interpersonal relationships. Any thoughts on this?
    4.Diana Ross' request for her private dressing room seems to be to find some peace during
    this hectic working period.Should Mary and Florence also had their own private dressing
    room?
    5.In the movie "Mahogany" Tracey Chambers'
    seamstress is named, "Aunt Flo". Coincidence?
    1. i've never really heard much. there was some fan gossip that they were involved with this supposed movie about Flo but i wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in that.

2. supposedly mary kept in a little contact. she brought Flo to that Motown party at Berry's house/pool. that was the last time the 3 original Supremes were together while alive. the next time would be Flo's funeral. I'd assume that Berry had little to no contact with her after she left Vegas. at that point their professional and personal relationships were destroyed. But after a while life just took it's course. Mary was crazy busy touring with DRATS and then The New Sups. Diana was completely wrapped up with her work too. and flo's mental state seriously declined by 69, 70.

Diana attempted to help out with the mortgage on Flo's house just before she lost it. but according to Randy, either Tommy or someone wouldn't allow her to simply make the check payable to the bank and Flo wouldn't return her calls. Whether it was paranoia or shame or whatever, who knows. Flo did have a phone call with Diana after seeing Mahogany. I'm not sure they'd had much

3. absolutely. It's all about money.

4. at this point Diana was shouldering really the entire burden of the group. she was singing all of the leads in the show plus LEADING the show with her energy and persona, constantly recording, interviews, appearances, travel, etc. The inter group dynamics were pretty much destroyed by this time. the tension between Flo and Diana was rapidly spiraling out of control. Berry was probably willing to do just about anything to makes things easier for her [[outsider of reducing the work). if having a private dressing room would reduce her stress and keep her on point, that would be an easy decision. she could sleep in there, rest up. Flo wouldn't be there to argue or fight.

It was also reported on this forum by Rick, don’t recall his last name but he is a flo/supreme expert. He said Diana visited Flo at her home And they chatted for a good while.

^^^The guy I’m referring to was not just a forum member. He can be seen on almost all Motown documentaries. The story he was referring to was for I believe the mystery and scandals show on Florence Ballard as told to him by family members. This story was unfortunately left out of the show.

It was also reported on this forum by Rick, don’t recall his last name but he is a flo/supreme expert. He said Diana visited Flo at her home And they chatted for a good while.
    Interesting... I definitely won't deny this happened. I think after 1974, Flo had stopped holding grudges. Unfortunately with her early death, we'll never know what would've happened with her career and her future relationships with her former partners.

^^^The guy I’m referring to was not just a forum member. He can be seen on almost all Motown documentaries. The story he was referring to was for I believe the mystery and scandals show on Florence Ballard as told to him by family members. This story was unfortunately left out of the show.
    His name is Rick Bueche. I believe he placed Diana's visit to Flo as being circa 1970.

I've also read that Diana invited Flo to Rhonda's first birthday party, which would have been in 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    1. i've never really heard much. there was some fan gossip that they were involved with this supposed movie about Flo but i wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in that.

2. supposedly mary kept in a little contact. she brought Flo to that Motown party at Berry's house/pool. that was the last time the 3 original Supremes were together while alive. the next time would be Flo's funeral. I'd assume that Berry had little to no contact with her after she left Vegas. at that point their professional and personal relationships were destroyed. But after a while life just took it's course. Mary was crazy busy touring with DRATS and then The New Sups. Diana was completely wrapped up with her work too. and flo's mental state seriously declined by 69, 70.

Diana attempted to help out with the mortgage on Flo's house just before she lost it. but according to Randy, either Tommy or someone wouldn't allow her to simply make the check payable to the bank and Flo wouldn't return her calls. Whether it was paranoia or shame or whatever, who knows. Flo did have a phone call with Diana after seeing Mahogany. I'm not sure they'd had much

3. absolutely. It's all about money.

4. at this point Diana was shouldering really the entire burden of the group. she was singing all of the leads in the show plus LEADING the show with her energy and persona, constantly recording, interviews, appearances, travel, etc. The inter group dynamics were pretty much destroyed by this time. the tension between Flo and Diana was rapidly spiraling out of control. Berry was probably willing to do just about anything to makes things easier for her [[outsider of reducing the work). if having a private dressing room would reduce her stress and keep her on point, that would be an easy decision. she could sleep in there, rest up. Flo wouldn't be there to argue or fight.
    The children have no control over who can write about Florence and you can’t defame a deceased person

But they could write their own book. Didn’t Maxine make some dreadful attempt?

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I've also read that Diana invited Flo to Rhonda's first birthday party, which would have been in 1972.
    I read that as well. They said after Diana sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Flo responded "She's singing flat."

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I read about that.

Yeah Rick Bueche. Saw him on the DR and Flo docs.

I DONT KNOW ALL THE ROYALTIES PLEASE GIVE "FLOWING FLOWER FLO" HER STAMP THANK YOU SWEETIE PIE PISCES THIS IS TERRIBLE! RUTHLESS BUSINESS GREED I MUST BE FIRST. I WISH IWISH "FLOWING FLO" AND SWEETIE PIE PISCES MARY HAD A CHANCE TO SING A SONG [[1 SOLO) ON AT LEAST ONE OR TWO ALBUMS MY GOODNESS WOULD IT HAVE HURT!!
    I KNOW MS.ROSS WAS THE STAR BUT I WOULD HAVE SAID LOOK BARRY LOOK AFTER MY SISTERS . WHO KNOWS SMOKEY COULD HAVE WRITTEN A HIT FOR THEM AND WE COULD HAVE BEEN ENJOYING A CLASSIC JUST LIKE THE CLASSIC 5 !!! NOW WE HAVE NOTHING DAMN RIGHT SHE DESERVES A STAMP! MY OPINION