[REMOVE ADS]

Claudette Robinson releases children's book celebrating 60 years of Motown

Known as 'The First Lady of Motown," Claudette Robinson is helping celebrate 60 years of the iconic label with the release of a new children's book.

The former wife of Smokey Robinson, Claudette was an original member of the famed Motown group "The Miracles." She was also the very first female signed to the label.

In conjunction with this year being the 60th anniversary of Motown, Robinson has released a new children's book called, "Claudette's Miraculous Motown Adventure."

Read more here:
    https://abc7chicago.com/entertainmen...-book/5673997/

Oh that is great. It is also great to see the "survivors" contributing to Motown's 60 Anniversary like this.

I hope the book will sell.
    Since parents of today’s toddlers are: [[1) not into books, and [[2) are two generations removed from the heyday of Hitsville, I’m guessing that maybe it will be the grandparents who will be buying this book for their grandkids, and maybe giving them some recorded music to go along with it, getting them interested in the importance of this. Claudette continues to be a major jewel in the Hitsville crown.

As many of you did also, I saw her on Andy Cohen's "Watch What Happens." Although she was not a featured guest, she was 'behind the bar' and was given time to promote Motown and her book. Gorgeous lady.

Pure class personified,a great lady.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Pure class personified,a great lady.
    One of Motown's classiest!

Why did I think she was writing about her experiences at Motown - a tell all book?

Cute!!!!!!