[REMOVE ADS]

thatanyway Guest

The censorship of gospel artist Kirk Franklin

[[From ''my'' music platform's little piece on this: )

"Gospel artist Kirk Franklin was censored - twice - by TBN [[the Trinity Broadcasting Network) as he was accepting awards for his work. He brings attention to this in a video clip.

We /---/ regard it as serious when artists are censored, and in this case we find it particularly sad with regards to what Franklin brought up in his acceptance speeches. We hope that this was an isolated occurence, and that media outlets take what happened here as a springboard to putting principles in place that prevent censorship of this nature this from being repeated.

We encourage you to listen to and spread what Kirk Franklin has to say about his experience, and to stand by artists if and where they are being silenced."

https://www.musicians-corner.net/There-wont-be-silence/ [[full text ^)

I'm not surprised by this at all. I've photographed a few GMA hosted events and there's definitely a racial and social divide between black [[gospel) and white [[Christian) artists. Hopefully this will shed more light on the problem. I'm sure the TBN network and Dove Awards want to turn a blind eye to things of that nature [[white police kills innocent black woman) but it exists and Kirk used his platform to acknowledge it before a predominately white artist.

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I'm not surprised by this at all. I've photographed a few GMA hosted events and there's definitely a racial and social divide between black [[gospel) and white [[Christian) artists. Hopefully this will shed more light on the problem. I'm sure the TBN network and Dove Awards want to turn a blind eye to things of that nature [[white police kills innocent black woman) but it exists and Kirk used his platform to acknowledge it before a predominately white artist.

Yes. It's absolutely tragic.
    What happened here in 2016 and right now might have an effect on many levels, in several directions, as Mr. Franklin brings light to it, and one effect it might have is that if people don't show silencing tendencies like these that we will put light on them and protest them - whomever and wherever we are - other media outlets might follow suit, not that what people already say in mass media often is edited, but their very intensions with what they express might be to a far larger extent on the basis of a ''They did it so we can do it too''. If we want some kind of truth about what goes on and what's been going on to be out there we all need to make our voices heard in support of Kirk Franklin at a time like this, show ''them'' that No, you don't get away with stuff like this.