[REMOVE ADS]

Whitney Houston Robyn Crawford Love Affair

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I will be sure to give this one a miss.
    For heavens sake let the poor woman rest in peace.

Who didn't know? This is a 40 year old story. Let it rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I will be sure to give this one a miss.
    For heavens sake let the poor woman rest in peace.
    I hope Whitney does. But it would have been SOOO much better had her family, and society in general, let her live in peace.

Could be its for her own-well being that Robyn [[befittingly), finds a need to officially clear the air and end the whispers. Whitney is gone, but Robyn isn't.

On THE TODAY SHOW this morning, the reporter showed a brief interview with her. She has a new book coming out called "A SONG FOR YOU-My Life With Whitney Houston".

In the filmed brief interview, she said that she felt compelled to show who Whitney was behind all the fame. She said that the physical part of their intimacy stopped before Whitney became a star, but they remained friends for years and she was one of Whitney's closest confidants.

The reporter said that the family has not responded to requests for comments. The reporter said that when Whitney died, they had been estranged for a number of years. She had been Whitney's Creative Director but when Bobby came into the picture, Robin was forced out. The reporter says that Whitney started using cocaine at the age of 14 and Robin was using it with Whitney on the road as well and that when Bobby Brown came around, that didn't help.

The interview shown was very short - although the reporter said that he talked to her for a long time - so I wondered why the reporter was giving so much third-hand information instead of just showing more of the interview.

He then said that there would be a special DATELINE hour this Saturday at 9 p.m. called A SONG FOR WHITNEY.

He also said that Robin will also be on THE TODAY SHOW live this coming Monday.

Lord have mercy...

It definitely is a while back but I suppose this is the definitive confirmation of a relationship - it’s just in places like Canada and Europe no one cares if you are gay or bisexual or straight anymore - just Cissy!

I’ve always been surprised that there wasn’t a tremendous amount of sales activity surrounding the deaths of Aretha Franklin or Whitney Houston - nothing compared to Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson

Whitney's songs actually did do well post mortem. I think IWALY went to #2 on the Hot 100...

But it doesn't seem that any of her albums ever appear on the charts - like Elvis the Beatles and Michael Jackson

Yeah, albums wise, she didn't do too good. Which shocked me. I would think Arista would be stocking up CDs! Whitney was a huge deal too. One of the few African American women artists to truly be a GLOBAL POP SUPERSTAR [[Diana, Whitney and Tina).

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Yeah, albums wise, she didn't do too good. Which shocked me. I would think Arista would be stocking up CDs! Whitney was a huge deal too. One of the few African American women artists to truly be a GLOBAL POP SUPERSTAR [[Diana, Whitney and Tina).
    Not to dilute your argument, but I would add Janet to that list.😁

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Lord have mercy...
    LOL! Somebody catch Cissy before she hits the floor....

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Not to dilute your argument, but I would add Janet to that list.��
    I knew I was forgetting someone lol

Not to dilute your argument, but I would add Janet to that list.
    As regards record sales i would have to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Could be its for her own-well being that Robyn [[befittingly), finds a need to officially clear the air and end the whispers. Whitney is gone, but Robyn isn't.
    That's the way I look at it. Everyone, including Bobby, had something to say about Robyn so now she's talking for herself. If it were only about money she would have written this book long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It definitely is a while back but I suppose this is the definitive confirmation of a relationship - it’s just in places like Canada and Europe no one cares if you are gay or bisexual or straight anymore - just Cissy!

I’ve always been surprised that there wasn’t a tremendous amount of sales activity surrounding the deaths of Aretha Franklin or Whitney Houston - nothing compared to Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson
    I've seen on IG that Cissy recently went on a charm offensive [[defensive?) with a minister to publicly state that she has evolved away from her anti-queer stance. On the other hand, I've also heard that Cissy is not in the best psychological shape of late, either. Not sure what to make of any of it.

Good for her if she has.

In Canada, the Conservatives had the election in the bag and lost because they had a leader that couldn’t cope with abortion, same sex marriage and walking in pride parades.

So what if it is all about my money. Money is king.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeNuYorker View Post
    That's the way I look at it. Everyone, including Bobby, had something to say about Robyn so now she's talking for herself. If it were only about money she would have written this book long ago.
    FIST-BUMP!! I agree entirely. After all, it's Robyn's life, too.

I've seen on IG that Cissy recently went on a charm offensive [[defensive?) with a minister to publicly state that she has evolved away from her anti-queer stance. On the other hand, I've also heard that Cissy is not in the best psychological shape of late, either. Not sure what to make of any of it.
    That would be great but I always have to cast my queer side-eye at these late-life 'conversions'. The damage has long been done ...