[REMOVE ADS]

" Once in The Morning" - Diana Ross - classic disco song.

This song sounds better today. It has a very cool hook. Has this hook ever been sampled in other songs? It is well engineered.I want the 12 inch!
    Last edited by TNSUN; 11-05-2019 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Error

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    This song sounds better today. It has a very cool hook. Has this hook ever been sampled in other songs? It is well engineered.I want the 12 inch!
    We need an expanded version of The Boss. The previous one was woefully inadequate.

would love to have alt takes of the tracks. this is pretty much my fav DR album. i regularly listen to the 12" version of The Boss. it's a go to while jogging.

wonder if they ever prepared a 12" Once in the morning? No One, Licked, The Boss and it's my house all got one.

I do feel that It's My House feels unfinished. the song never really seems to go anywhere, just meanders about. there's really no climax to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    would love to have alt takes of the tracks. this is pretty much my fav DR album. i regularly listen to the 12" version of The Boss. it's a go to while jogging.

wonder if they ever prepared a 12" Once in the morning? No One, Licked, The Boss and it's my house all got one.

I do feel that It's My House feels unfinished. the song never really seems to go anywhere, just meanders about. there's really no climax to it.
    No they did not prepare a 12" version of once in the morning.
    I agree with you about It's my house. I like it rather than love it. Certainly my least favorite cut from that wonderful album

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post

I was in high school at the time of release of “The Boss”. I loved the whole album. “It’s my house” was not one of my favorites either. I came to love it later on. But the kids that I knew at school were buying the album because of “It’s my house”. They loved it. I had someone at the time tell me it sounded so good, that Diana Ross’ voice on the record was perfect.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 11-06-2019 at 08:05 PM.

there are absolutely elements of House that are hot and rock. i really like it when the bridge transitions to the chorus. it finally feels like it's building to something but then it just is a sort of laid back meandering again. it does have a fun and funky groove to it. love the lyric and storyline.

but look at how the other songs build. you need that. i understand that you need balance among the tracks - wouldn't ever suggest that House needs to build like The Boss does. of course not. but it's just missing some necessary elements

“It’s my house “ is perfect the way it is. It’s smooth, mellow and funky. That’s why this song is a classic with the R&B audience. This is the song that has resonated most with the casual R&B fan from this album. The Boss gave her a new nickname, but it’s my house has become legendary, often referenced on TV shows and movies.

Its My House only got into the top 30...BUT....it stayed there for 10wks....its success was dampened because some reggae band covered it and it was released at exactly the same time and both versions were on the chart...ten wks in the top 30 is pretty good tho considering...I love this track as Khansperac said its smooth ,mellow and funky and brings back a lot of memories of the winter of 79.

IMH is a groover, and I think was a fave of Diana's to perform in concert. Love love love it! 'Gotta follow the rules to get me' - Amen, Diana, Nick and Valerie!

I love this album.fianas vocals are amazing and shine thru out.
    I was in high school also and I remember this was the album the other kids like also.no one gets a prize got airplay but no single release.wtf?
    A great tour .I think Diana was at her peak here.
    How or why did she not record with them again. This album does need an expanded edition.
    I love It's my house as is.always thought Sparkle was weak.or my least fav

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I love this album.fianas vocals are amazing and shine thru out.
    I was in high school also and I remember this was the album the other kids like also.no one gets a prize got airplay but no single release.wtf?
    A great tour .I think Diana was at her peak here.
    How or why did she not record with them again. This album does need an expanded edition.
    I love It's my house as is.always thought Sparkle was weak.or my least fav
    I agree Daviddh. I think “It’s my house” is perfect the way it is. And Sparkle is my least favorite song on the album.

"Once in the Morning" should have been released as a single! 🐣

This song, if I may, is a disco tune of the highest order.

Goes to show you , even in a disco song , you can overplay a repetitive lyric. By the end of this , I'm thinking ......shut up!!!

Once in the morning is a great track....loved it