[REMOVE ADS]

She is great. I had the opportunity to sit down and talk to her years ago. Very nice and down to Earth lady. Thanks Luke!

The interviewer keeps interrupting Betty.

hopefully next time she'll get interrupted a LOT less....if I had $1 for every time that woman interrupted her I'd be going out for a NICE lunch

I agree. It's wonderful to hear Betty and her coments about Martha and In My Lonely Room are very touching indeed. But oh, that awful egomaniac Bonnie Sher spoils everything by elbowing her way into the conversation and making it all about her. Someone else needs to interview Betty to get her memories on the record. She's a real lady and a Motown star.

Your welcome Marv. Nice to hear from Betty. The interviewer is a bit over the top! But she does give recognition to Motown performers.

The interviewer sounds like she is on drugs or alcohol. She is totally boring vs. Betty. For some strange reason when I started playing it I did not start at the beginning and there was a recording of Dancing In the Street followed by the other interview. I don't know how it happened as this was my first look at the video. It came to the end and I had to start over to hear Betty.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    The interviewer sounds like she is on drugs or alcohol. She is totally boring vs. Betty. For some strange reason when I started playing it I did not start at the beginning and there was a recording of Dancing In the Street followed by the other interview. I don't know how it happened as this was my first look at the video. It came to the end and I had to start over to hear Betty.
    That happened to me too.

That Bonnie woman sure is annoying.

If she actually knew what she was talking about, she could have helped Betty by 'joining the dots and helping to structure the interview rather than just interrupting with random comments, mainly about herself.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    For some strange reason when I started playing it I did not start at the beginning and there was a recording of Dancing In the Street followed by the other interview. I don't know how it happened as this was my first look at the video. It came to the end and I had to start over to hear Betty.
    OK. Same thing happened to me just now. The video starts somewhere in the middle. NEVER seen that happen with a video.

I couldn't watch the whole thing. Bonnie is just too DA.N grating, annoying, intrusive, irritating... If I could just edit her out and keep all of Betty's dialogue in...

If you copy a YouTube link mid-video, it posts at approximately the same point. This is no doubt what happened here.

thanks for posting, so nice to hear Betty.How did that woman get her own show?I assume thats a local LA show.

Thanks Luke. Betty sure has a lot of class!

You are welcome demotownguy. She sure does and is very down to earth.

After reading these remarks, I had to check out this interview and took about all I could before giving up. Yes, the interviewer was obnoxious and overbearing, however in her defense, Betty, a lovely lady, was clearly not comfortable being interviewed or speaking publicly and sounded halting and unsure of herself and very self conscious... Some interesting details were dragged out of her...but just not a good interview overall...

Interesting interview. It was good to hear Betty Kelly in her own words. The interviewer was not the best and stepped all over Ms Kelly's responses.