[REMOVE ADS]

Supreme Glamour on Supreme Friendships

Supreme Glamour is a great visual celebration of the Supremes contribution to glamour. I found some of the text Mary Wilson wrote to be quite interesting.On page 25 she writes that Even though later in life people think I was closer to Flo, in truth it was Diane and I who were more alike , and close. On page 182, Mary states she was hoping that she liked Cindy but she was hoping that she would not replace Flo. That you could not help liking Cindy because she was one of the nicest human beings in the World. That she was trying to juggle her own life since she, too, was feeling left out of things as the limelight fell on Diane. She doesn't go into as much personal detail about the new Supremes except to say she was happy to have Scherrie and Cindy by her side on New Years singing Love Train and they had filled her with new optimism. I am surprised that no one else picked up these things, of course with the focus on the beautiful gowns and dancing with the stars, it was easy to overlook. Any thoughts on these words?

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    Supreme Glamour is a great visual celebration of the Supremes contribution to glamour. I found some of the text Mary Wilson wrote to be quite interesting.On page 25 she writes that Even though later in life people think I was closer to Flo, in truth it was Diane and I who were more alike , and close. On page 182, Mary states she was hoping that she liked Cindy but she was hoping that she would not replace Flo. That you could not help liking Cindy because she was one of the nicest human beings in the World. That she was trying to juggle her own life since she, too, was feeling left out of things as the limelight fell on Diane. She doesn't go into as much personal detail about the new Supremes except to say she was happy to have Scherrie and Cindy by her side on New Years singing Love Train and they had filled her with new optimism. I am surprised that no one else picked up these things, of course with the focus on the beautiful gowns and dancing with the stars, it was easy to overlook. Any thoughts on these words?
    There's nothing really startling there, so I don't know what to say.
    Last edited by marv2; 11-03-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    There's nothing really startling there, so I don't what to say.
    There's a first. Praise the Lord and pass the biscuits.

None from me. With Mary either she's said it 12,879 times before or she's just made up a new version. Stick with the gowns and it's an OK book.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    There's a first. Praise the Lord and pass the biscuits.
    Lol he skipped the work “know” cuz he knows little and makes up a lot

Marv she said she liked Diana more which is part of the reason she shuns you - that and you make shit up about her that has cost her in terms of what could have happened; you and about 10 other rabid fans

I haven't bought the book and have no intentions of doing so, but i am glad she seems to have cut back on the bitching and backstabbing. I hope those of you who have bought it have found it to be enjoyable.

I am a big MW fan....but the DMF portion of the Supremes story has been told and retold so many times its become a bore....more emphasis should be placed on the later girls contributions to the group. Each one was startling, talented and deserves recognition for maintaining the groups image and popularity. I was very excited by the first grouping of Former Ladies....Jean lent a ton of credibility to that unit..once she parted, my interest plunged...even though I'm a huge Scherrie fan too