[REMOVE ADS]

Patti LaBelle says she and Aretha Franklin were supposed to record a duet

Patti LaBelle says she and Aretha Franklin were supposed to record a duet before her death

There is no doubt that Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle are two of the best vocalists that have appeared on stage. During a recent interview with The breakfast clubPatti revealed that she and Aretha planned to record a duet before her unfortunate death last year.

Patti said: "We were supposed to make a duet before she died, three months before she died, she called me and we talked, and we talked about it on the day. She used to remind me of the moments when we were in Detriot at the club ".

She continued, "I said," I want to record a song with you. "She said," Let's do it, Patti. "I really wanted to sing a duet with me."

She said they didn't have the opportunity to come up with the concept of the song, but said Aretha was excited about the album.

It has been rumored for years that Patti and Aretha did not always have a good relationship, but she killed those rumors and said they were not true. He also said that the rumors about her and Diana Ross of not having a good relationship were also not true.

However, she said there were other artists who didn't get along with her. She decided not to name any name. but she said there were other well-known names that had despised her over the years.

https://upnewsinfo.com/2019/11/01/pa...ore-her-death/

Wow! That would've been a great duet between Patti & Aretha and it's sad that we'll never get to hear it. Thanks for the news, Milven.

I never did think Patti had beef with either Aretha or Diana to begin with, Supremes vs. the Bluebelles' dresses mishap aside lol

I saw pics of Patti & Diana long before the Legends' Ball around 2002 or 2003 when the both of them were going through some tough times [[both women were divorcing their longtime husbands and dealing with fallout in the music industry over their advanced ages). They may never had been, in Patti's words, "soul sisters" but they didn't seem like the rivals they appear to be. And of course, whatever issue they did have, they got it resolved at Oprah's Legends Ball anyway.

As for Patti & Aretha, Queen Ree had always appreciated Ms. Patti. She sung "Ain't No Way" at the Essence tribute to her and Aretha was all smiles so if she really had problems with Patti, she would've said it years ago like she did with Dionne Warwick lol

Well ... our beloved Aretha was one for flights of fancy, so I'm not too sure how much 'real truth' there was to her conversation with Patti, but is sure is a nice thought. Love and miss you, Miss Franklin. Thanks for the decades of joy.

It wasn't in the time frame that Patti mentioned but while appearing on a local Detroit talk show in 1991, Aretha did mention the possibility of a duet with Patti.

I'm of the mind that Patti herself might too be having her own flights of fancy...Not sure
    but if they ever thought they might enjoy the idea of duetting together they could done it
    YEARS ago...Something along the limes of Re's Oh Happy Day with Mavis Staples. Still
    I'm in total agreement with the thanks for decades of joy...There been a few pretenders and honorable mentions but at the end of the day Aretha Franklin was the truth....

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I'm of the mind that Patti herself might too be having her own flights of fancy...Not sure
    but if they ever thought they might enjoy the idea of duetting together they could done it
    YEARS ago...Something along the limes of Re's Oh Happy Day with Mavis Staples. Still
    I'm in total agreement with the thanks for decades of joy...There been a few pretenders and honorable mentions but at the end of the day Aretha Franklin was the truth....
    I totally agree Splanky!

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It wasn't in the time frame that Patti mentioned but while appearing on a local Detroit talk show in 1991, Aretha did mention the possibility of a duet with Patti.
    That's cool to know... a duet between them would've shook the world lol