[REMOVE ADS]

Staple Singers Celebrated On New ‘Come Go With Me’ Vinyl Box Set

Gospel-soul pioneers the Staple Singers will have their storied Stax years commemorated with the 6 December release by Craft Recordings of the 7LP vinyl box set Come Go With Me: The Stax Collection.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...th-me-box-set/

Name:  Staple-Singers-Come-Go-With-Me-box-set.jpg
Views: 3088
Size:  35.1 KB

Looks like a lovely collection -

Thanks for the info. I have all of these but the set will probably be worth it for the booklet alone.

I'd love to have all the material on that set but I just can't manage vinyl anymore. I'll get a playlist and try to get what I can in another format...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I'd love to have all the material on that set but I just can't manage vinyl anymore. I'll get a playlist and try to get what I can in another format...
    All of these albums have been released on cd, along with a 1981 album of outtakes, THIS TIME AROUND. I'm not sure if they are still in print. Many of the songs on the bonus disc of rarities have been released on cd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    All of these albums have been released on cd, along with a 1981 album of outtakes, THIS TIME AROUND. I'm not sure if they are still in print. Many of the songs on the bonus disc of rarities have been released on cd as well.
    Thanks, I'll have to look for them....With the passings of Aretha and Nancy Wilson in the last year I'm reminded how much of a gem Mavis Staples has been for me all these years...

This looks nice!!

I like these vinyl reissues but the prices are out of my league.

I ordered this set a couple of weeks ago from Universal Canada's Music Vaultz online store and it arrived today. I was lucky to get it on sale, as I had a 20% discount code, which brought the price down to approx $90 USD. It is a very nice set. I have not played the vinyls themselves yet, but the packaging, sleeves and booklet are all great quality. It comes in an embossed hard box. The booklet is the same size as the vinyl sleeves, and has a lot of great photos and liner notes. I was most impressed with the outer sleeves for the albums, as they took the time to reproduce the fine details on the sleeves, true to their original release. For instance, they reproduced the embossed design on the front cover of "Be What You Are" and reproduced the shiny foil sleeve for "City in the Sky". I appreciate these details, as we are in the midst of a vinyl reissue frenzy and many-a-times, I've seen very cheap scanned covers on some new reissues, as the record companies don't want to be bothered with the high expense of say, for instance, reproducing a special die cut cover, embossing, etc. The discs themselves in this set seem to be of good quality as well, just upon initial inspection. They did not reproduce the original inner sleeves but they did at least use white paper sleeves with the inner plastic liners, which are preferable for long term archival preservation. Looking forward to giving this set a spin in the coming week. Well worth the price I paid.

I thought Craft did an excellent job with this box... I wondered if any of the original albums had printed inner sleeves. I looked on Discogs and none of the originals seemed to have inner sleeves with lyrics, credits, etc.

Bumping this thread back up to the surface, as this great vinyl box set was also released as a 7 disc CD version in November. Posting this as a heads up to those who may be interested but didn't want the vinyl version that was initially released.