[REMOVE ADS]

An HDH song I was unfamilar with....

On Facebook, I belong to a group which honors Holland-Dozier-Holland. One of the other members of the group, who might be a member of this site also, posted a top 10 list of the most played HDH songs [[this list appeared to be from around 2008). At number 10 was a song "Roll With It" which I was unfamiliar with. I discovered it was a Steve Winwood song and here's what Wikipedia had to say about it, "It was written by Winwood and songwriter Will Jennings. Publishing rights organization BMI later had Motown songwriters Holland-Dozier-Holland credited with co-writing the song due to its resemblance to the Junior Walker hit "[[I'm a) Roadrunner"."

I learn something new every day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_vkKozA8OI

I remember that lawsuit.

A bit like Len Barry's '1-2-3' then.

I could imagine Jr Walker recording this.

I had listened to "Roll With It" before, but obviously never closely enough, because I can definitely hear "I'm A Road Runner" in it. Great song though