[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Will Be On "The View"

Mary Wilson will be a guest on "The View" , Wednesday, October 30th. Check your local listings for times.

Thanks Marv. That’s great!! Go Mary!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks Marv. That’s great!! Go Mary!
    You're welcome Luke. It should be a laugh fest with her and Whoopi on the same show! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You're welcome Luke. It should be a laugh fest with her and Whoopi on the same show! LOL!
    Is it shown on UK tv?

It is kind of weird that she is appearing on THE VIEW tomorrow and she has an appearance at the Grammy Museum Experience at Prudential Center in Newark tonight. THE VIEW would have been a good place to promote her appearance to viewers in the NY Metro Area.

In conjunction with the exhibit opening, Ms. Wilson will be at the museum on Tuesday, October 29 for An Evening With Mary Wilson. Tickets priced at $35, are available now at GRAMMYMuseumEXP.org for An Evening With Mary Wilson.

She won't be performing but it s an opportunity for Mary's fans to see and talk to her and also see the Supremes exhibit which features rare photographs from her personal collection, many of them contributed to her by her fans; concert posters; tour books, fan memorabilia; and some of the gowns.

https://www.grammymuseumexp.org/mary-wilson.html

https://www.newjerseystage.com/artic...-the-supremes/

I believe that Whoopi has said she always wanted to be Mary!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Is it shown on UK tv?
    I don't think so. But it will probably be posted on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeH...n5tVwP7NkdrtJg

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I don't think so. But it will probably be posted on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeH...n5tVwP7NkdrtJg
    Many thanks milven. Should be a fun show. It's been a great year for Supremes fans seeing Mary then Diana making headlines. Long may it continue.

You and Luke should go get in line early for tickets and go see Mary and Whoopi.

I believe that Whoopi has said she always wanted to be Mary!
    Yes she did! It was on the "Motown at 30" television special in 1990. Here's a clip from it :

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53z7c

Wasn't she on The View before? I know Diana was on it a couple of times too.

Diana cancelled last time she was scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Wasn't she on The View before? I know Diana was on it a couple of times too.
    Diana Ross has been on the view 3 times that I know of. She was supposed to be on their show last year but canceled.

Last year, Diana was supposed to promote her HSN Perfume appearance but cancelled because of the flu.

Mary will probably promote her book and the GRAMMY Museum Experience Legends of Motown: Celebrating The Supremes Exhibit in Newark, NJ.

What I can't understand is why she did not do it yesterday. Mary was at the Grammy Exhibit in Newark last night and she could have reached a lot of people on The View to let them know that she would be there.

In conjunction with the exhibit opening, Ms. Wilson will be at the museum on Tuesday, October 29 for An Evening With Mary Wilson. Tickets priced at $35, are available now at GRAMMYMuseumEXP.org for An Evening With Mary Wilson.

I have my DVR set to record the show. NJ Senator Corey Booker, ex-mayor of Newark will also be on the View today.

https://www.newjerseystage.com/artic...-the-supremes/

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Diana Ross has been on the view 3 times that I know of. She was supposed to be on their show last year but canceled.
    Yes, they love Diana at The View.

What I can't understand is why she did not do it yesterday. Mary was at the Grammy Exhibit in Newark last night and she could have reached a lot of people on The View to let them know that she would be there.
    While I'm sure it would've made sense to everyone involved for Mary to promote the show on The View, isn't she at the mercy of The View producers who would have to schedule her? She can't just interject herself into the show for her own convenience. I imagine the producers called her and asked her to be a part of today's schedule some time ago. Maybe she asked if she could do it on the 28th to promote her appearance and they were like "No, we don't have an opening that day". What's the girl to do? She hasn't had this much high profile television exposure in probably the last ten years so she'll take the Sunday supplement broadcast of The View if that's all they're offering. I'm glad Mary Wilson is still a name in the business so many years after the Supremes ceased to exist. Like Ollie said, it's a great time for Supremes fans.

Everything you said makes sense. And we were aware that this booking was set some time ago, probably to promote the Grammy exhibit and promote her book.

I just became aware last week that Mary would be at the exhibit yesterday. So maybe it was a last-minute booking after Mary committed to THE VIEW.

In any case, it is great to see Mary get national TV time, Diana getting great reviews for her concerts, and finally getting to the UK for her fans, and Sherrie and Susaye doing well and finally getting bookings here. All in all, all the ladies are doing well and make a Supreme fan proud.

Diana cancelled last time she was scheduled.
    She had a real bad does of the flu thats why she canceled.

She was on the last eight minutes of The View but barely was able to promote the book or the Grammy Exhibit in Newark because we all know how much Mary loves to chatter. Mary admitted that she talks too much at the end of the interview when they ran out of time. But she was given love by the VIEW hosts and it was evident that Mary and Whoopee admire each other. Thankfully, Whoopee did squeeze in a promotion for the exhibit and book and each member of the audience was given a free copy of the book.

DWTS was mentioned. She was asked what it was like to be back and Mary said that she never stopped. Mary said it gave people a chance to see what older entertainers do and are still doing. They may not be on the top of the charts, but they are still out there travelling around the world giving people a chance to know that they are still out there. Joy told Mary that she has a friend who said: "If you're not on television, they think you're dead.". Mary agreed and said that someone asked her if she was still singing and Mary said, "Yeah, how do you think I'm taking care of my ten grandchildren?"

Nice segmant.

Mary was just great! Whoopi was thrilled, as was the audience!

Mary was just great! Whoopi was thrilled, as was the audience!
    I always like and respect that fact that Mary is unafraid to talk about the history of this country when it comes to Jim Crow and discrimination towards blacks. She just acknowledges it matter-of-factly regardless of who might feel uncomfortable about it.

Very true and it’s so important for the young people to understand and “never forget “ as Elie Wiesel has said.

Very true and it’s so important for the young people to understand and “never forget “ as Elie Wiesel has said.
    The way Mary explains it without all the over the top emotions is most effective. It is hard not to believe it was like that when you have someone who was around during the time verifying it. You're right....."never forget"!
    Last edited by marv2; 10-30-2019 at 03:09 PM.

For those outside of the U.S.:

Last edited by marv2; 10-30-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Everything you said makes sense. And we were aware that this booking was set some time ago, probably to promote the Grammy exhibit and promote her book.

I just became aware last week that Mary would be at the exhibit yesterday. So maybe it was a last-minute booking after Mary committed to THE VIEW.

In any case, it is great to see Mary get national TV time, Diana getting great reviews for her concerts, and finally getting to the UK for her fans, and Sherrie and Susaye doing well and finally getting bookings here. All in all, all the ladies are doing well and make a Supreme fan proud.
    The View is a wise choice for the book tour and should kick up sales.

She was on the last eight minutes of The View but barely was able to promote the book or the Grammy Exhibit in Newark because we all know how much Mary loves to chatter. Mary admitted that she talks too much at the end of the interview when they ran out of time. But she was given love by the VIEW hosts and it was evident that Mary and Whoopee admire each other. Thankfully, Whoopee did squeeze in a promotion for the exhibit and book and each member of the audience was given a free copy of the book.

DWTS was mentioned. She was asked what it was like to be back and Mary said that she never stopped. Mary said it gave people a chance to see what older entertainers do and are still doing. They may not be on the top of the charts, but they are still out there travelling around the world giving people a chance to know that they are still out there. Joy told Mary that she has a friend who said: "If you're not on television, they think you're dead.". Mary agreed and said that someone asked her if she was still singing and Mary said, "Yeah, how do you think I'm taking care of my ten grandchildren?"

Nice segmant.
    Giving out audience copies of the book is a good move; unless I am mistaken those copies will be counted as sales and may get SG onto some bestseller charts.

Thanks luke and vgalindo.

For those outside of the U.S.:

Thanks Marv for posting! Telling like it is with a million dollar smile. Great interview. Great to see Whoopi supporting Mary!

Thanks Marv for posting! Telling like it is with a million dollar smile. Great interview. Great to see Whoopi supporting Mary!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    You're most welcome DET! Whoopi has been a good friend to Mary for a long time. I remember years ago she and Mary were on the "Hollywood Squares" and about 2 years ago, the both participated in the Kennedy Center Tribute Show to Marvin Gaye.

I don't have the date yet, but next up "The Wendy Williams Show". Stay tuned........

I don't have the date yet, but next up "The Wendy Williams Show". Stay tuned........
    But you said "Wendy is a jerk! I've listened to her when she use to only be on the radio in New York going back 20 years ago. She is more into the hype and gossip than substance."

Why on erath would you want Mary to go on a jerk like Wendys show? Your words not mine.