[REMOVE ADS]

Goldmine Magazine

I had a fairly reliable source tell me that Goldmine Magazine has gone out of buiness. They did the excellent issue on Motown 60 this year.

Can anyone confirm this as a fact? Was the Motown 60 the last issue if so?

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I had a fairly reliable source tell me that Goldmine Magazine has gone out of buiness. They did the excellent issue on Motown 60 this year.

I really hope not, but if true, it is definitely an end of an era. They were the ones that spurred my interest in record collecting starting back in the 80s.

I have a digital subscription with Goldmine and received the new December edition only last week. I have had no communication or news about them closing, so as far as I know, all is OK.

Many publications are becoming digital only - maybe that's all that is happening.

I have the printed edition for December, and on my address label it says I am good until July of next year. If I even GET the digital version, I gloss right over it. I am old-fashioned when it comes to reading magazines and still get 6-8 of them through the mail.

I agree David. I have my digital subscription simply because we don’t get the printed copy in the U.K. and the digital subscription price is very attractive because international postage is expensive. But, yes, it’s so easy to forget that I’ve even got a magazine on my tablet to catch up on!

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post

Found this thread on a search, so I wanted to let all of you know:

Goldmine Magazine is still around. The company that owned it, F+W Media, went bankrupt last year [[2019) and sold off pieces of the company to various buyers. Many of the magazines F+W owned, including Goldmine, were sold to a company called Active Interest Media. The book division, including the Goldmine price guides, was sold to Penguin Random House. [[Some other magazines were spun off separately.)

AIM has not closed any of the magazines it purchased [[as of yet).

Disclaimer: I wrote for Goldmine from 1995 to 2011 or so and still follow it.

https://www.goldminemag.com/

Let’s hope Goldmine is kept going. As I mentioned I have a digital subscription and the magazine seems to have plenty of advertising, so I hope that’s a good sign.