[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post

"Originally Posted by
    marv2 October 2016
    I don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here."

He is dying of envy. He don’t know what to do. All this news about Diana Ross is stressing him out. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I see an article that said Diana could make $50 million pounds from this tour! That’s a totally astounding and almost obscene amount! Is that accurate and possible?
    I would say not. Whilst i have little doubt she will make a lot of money i don't think it will be quite that amount, but then again who knows?

It will depend on the ticket prices and how many tickets are sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She hasn't recorded a decent album in 35 years. Chances are if this one materializes, it will flop as well.
    Unnecessarily harsh and disrespectful. I think the evidence to the contra is available for all to see and hear.

Blue - do you know if these will be the normal concert layout or might they be in the round?

I really enjoyed her in the round concerts - they brought a lot of the audience nearer.

Perhaps this is a thing of the past though.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Blue - do you know if these will be the normal concert layout or might they be in the round?

I really enjoyed her in the round concerts - they brought a lot of the audience nearer.

Perhaps this is a thing of the past though.
    I strongly suspect they will be concerts in the round. Diana prefers that at larger venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I would say not. Whilst i have little doubt she will make a lot of money i don't think it will be quite that amount, but then again who knows?
    Never say never, Blue...

I really wish she’d record the whole album with one producer, Mark Ronson.

Provided all the material is already selected, the time frame described by bluebrock [[She began working on the album last week and will continue to work on it in the weeks leading up to Christmas. She will resume work on it following her dates in the USA in the new year.) doesn’t seem to be too rushed.

If she does work with other producers, I hope they are equally “hip” and modern!
    Last edited by pghmusiclover; 10-29-2019 at 08:15 AM.

What happened to getting these albums out for Christmas? Do artists still try and do that?

What happened to getting these albums out for Christmas? Do artists still try and do that?
    Usually only talent show winners. They rush their albums out to cash in on what is usually their brief time in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by pghmusiclover View Post
    I really wish she’d record the whole album with one producer, Mark Ronson.

Provided all the material is already selected, the time frame described by bluebrock [[She began working on the album last week and will continue to work on it in the weeks leading up to Christmas. She will resume work on it following her dates in the USA in the new year.) doesn’t seem to be too rushed.

If she does work with other producers, I hope they are equally “hip” and modern!
    Perhaps she will but i do know that other producers want to be involved. Nile Rodgers for one.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    He is dying of envy. He don’t know what to do. All this news about Diana Ross is stressing him out. Lol.
    Musta be burnin' through Depends! Hee hee hee!

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Unnecessarily harsh and disrespectful. I think the evidence to the contra is available for all to see and hear.
    Absolutely, but when one's idea of a great vocalist and world-wide supastah has never made a listenable album, one has nothing else to hang on to. Hee Hee Heeee!

Perhaps she will but i do know that other producers want to be involved. Nile Rodgers for one.
    At this point, I hope she passes on Nile. His last album with “Chic” was disappointing to say the least and the song originally written for Diana in 1983 [[and sung by Elton and Emeli Sande on the album) was truly wretched!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Musta be burnin' through Depends! Hee hee hee!
    PeaceNHarmony:
    Absolutely, but when one's idea of a great vocalist and world-wide supastah has never made a listenable album, one has nothing else to hang on to. Hee Hee Heeee!
    Have you considered a name change 'PeaceNHarmony'?

Do these constant negative digs by these certain few improve this forum ?

Talk about a swamp that needs draining ...... wish I could just read about the topics as presented in the headlines and not all this other sh#t .....sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by pghmusiclover View Post
    At this point, I hope she passes on Nile. His last album with “Chic” was disappointing to say the least and the song originally written for Diana in 1983 [[and sung by Elton and Emeli Sande on the album) was truly wretched!
    I haven't heard the latest Chic, but i know it got lousy reviews. Nile is a very talented producer, but we all know he is quite capable of producing absolute garbage too. Workin' overtime anyone?
    Hopefully he will come up with the goods. Fingers crossed.

I quite liked 'It's About TIme' but unfortunately it had too many 'guest stars' rather than the usual great vocalists [[Kimberley & Folami) to be a true 'Chic' album. It was more like 'Nile & Friends'. It did make the UK Top Ten though - for a brief moment.

The single releases were a bit strange. After premiering 'Boogie All Night' live on a British TV Show [[Jools Holland?) which I thought would be a promising first single, it seemed to be forgotten about. Then they debuted the actual first single 'Til The World Falls' on another live UK-TV show.

Both of these were great performances but the actual album cuts were over-produced compared to them, adding raps and other un-necessary clutter. Unfortunately both these live performances seem to have been removed from YouTube, so anyone wanting to compare probably won't be able to find them

'Queen' was by far the worst song on the album. Strangely, while riding the escalator in a nearby shopping mall a few months back, i heard it playing over the PA.
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 10-30-2019 at 05:08 PM.

yay...my tickets are booked ...roll on July.....it says plus support...i wonder who.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    yay...my tickets are booked ...roll on July.....it says plus support...i wonder who.
    That is interesting. She doesn't usually have a support act, but i suspect the show will be shorter than previous arena tours so i suppose it makes perfect sense to have a support act to pad out the show.

Thats exactly what i thought Bluebrock...everytime I have seen her there has never been a support...when I saw her at Wembley once she brought her sons on stage and her step daughter sang a song.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Thats exactly what i thought Bluebrock...everytime I have seen her there has never been a support...when I saw her at Wembley once she brought her sons on stage and her step daughter sang a song.
    There is every chance some of her siblings could be the support. Most of them are planning to join her on this jaunt so it stands to reason that at least one of them will be the support act.

Diana will have no problem filling the UK venues, I have spent most of the morning trying to buy pre-sale tickets at two different venues and only managed to purchase tickets at Leeds after 4 hours, the ticket sites just kept crashing. I expect it will be the same when the tickets go on general sale tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Diana will have no problem filling the UK venues, I have spent most of the morning trying to buy pre-sale tickets at two different venues and only managed to purchase tickets at Leeds after 4 hours, the ticket sites just kept crashing. I expect it will be the same when the tickets go on general sale tomorrow.
    The ticket prices are very expensive. That is a lot of money to pay for an event that will last no more than 90 minutes. It is a tribute to her endearing legacy that there is so much interest in her after all these years. You go girl!

The O2 booking system kept saying no tickets available for about 20 minutes this morning and then success I can't wait for the concert as it's been a long time coming, as Tammi sang!

Wow, demand must be high.

Already a second show added for London O2 on July 09!

O2 is not "in the round."
    Last edited by florence; 11-01-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Wow, demand must be high.

Already a second show added for London O2 on July 09!

O2 is not "in the round."
    That is good news but not totally unexpected.
    As regards the 02 not being in the round it looks like none of the shows will be in the round.
    That surprises me.

She will be 76 when she performs there. Her days of sprinting through the audience to get to the “in the round” stage, then walking up the ramp to the stage, are over. So this doesn’t surprise me. Also, if in the round she wouldn’t be able to show the video screens and special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    She will be 76 when she performs there. Her days of sprinting through the audience to get to the “in the round” stage, then walking up the ramp to the stage, are over. So this doesn’t surprise me. Also, if in the round she wouldn’t be able to show the video screens and special effects.
    Good points. She has a dodgy ankle too, so i guess it would be quite reckless to take any risks at this stage of her life.

I tried to get tickets at 9a.m when they went on sale for the 02 today but had no luck. Then I saw an extra date had been added and I got front row seats for the second night for a great price. I'm thrilled. Though I hate the idea of a huge venue like the 02. I'm not good with crowds. But it's Diana. And it may be the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I tried to get tickets at 9a.m when they went on sale for the 02 today but had no luck. Then I saw an extra date had been added and I got front row seats for the second night for a great price. I'm thrilled. Though I hate the idea of a huge venue like the 02. I'm not good with crowds. But it's Diana. And it may be the last time.
    Very pleased for you.
    Maybe we will get a tour of smaller venues in a couple of years time, but the Promoters just look at the pound signs and obviously prefer the larger venues. I know what you mean about crowds. I am not looking forward to that aspect of it either, but it is what it is

Looks like Diana Ross is selling out or almost selling out arenas in few hours over in England. So cool.

Extraordinary and well-deserved reception for this American treasure.

Looks like Diana Ross is selling out or almost selling out arenas in few hours over in England. So cool.
    Yes she is. She is very highly regarded over here.
    I know she is going to be delighted by how well tickets are selling. They are very expensive,but it looks like the public feel she is worth paying over the odds to see her

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Extraordinary and well-deserved reception for this American treasure.
    It is very nice to see. She will be overwhelmed by the reaction to her tour.

Remarkable!

none of the shows will be in the round.
    That surprises me.
    Perhaps since Glastonbury isn't a round stage, it's simpler to rehearse and perfect one presentation for the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Perhaps since Glastonbury isn't a round stage, it's simpler to rehearse and perfect one presentation for the tour.
    I suspect you are right. She will want to keep to a simple straightforward routine at this stage of her career.

It looks like the concert tour running time will not be much longer than Glasto so it will be interesting to see the difference [[if any) in the different sets.

I can't imagine Diana will do any concert tour dates without including at least a couple iof songs from Lady but I personally doubt these would suitable at the Festival.

It looks like the concert tour running time will not be much longer than Glasto so it will be interesting to see the difference [[if any) in the different sets.

I can't imagine Diana will do any concert tour dates without including at least a couple iof songs from Lady but I personally doubt these would suitable at the Festival.
    Agreed. Glasto is not the place to be performing Billie's tunes, but i would be very surprised if she didn't perform one or two on the arena dates.

Must be doing very well. Extra dates have been added. Great. Our UK friends have been waiting a long time for her to tour there.

Diana Ross adds extra London date to 2020 tour, tickets on sale
    B

Diana Ross 2020 tour dates:
    Tue 30 Jun – First Direct Arena, Leeds
    Wed 1 Jul – M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
    Fri 3 Jul – Manchester Arena
    Sat 4 Jul – The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
    Mon 6 Jul – Arena Birmingham
    Wed 8 Jul – The O2, London
    Thu 9 Jul – The O2, London [[EXTRA DATE ADDED)

https://www.list.co.uk/article/11227...ckets-on-sale/

good for Diana!!
    Pretty advanced sales. how much are the tickets going for??

have i got this right? close to 500 bucks !
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 11-02-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    good for Diana!!
    Pretty advanced sales. how much are the tickets going for??
    Anything up to £300.00!

thanks. I see official platinum tickets at 349. in Liverpool.

looks like she's a hot property there:

https://www.mandsbankarena.com/

https://www.ticketquarter.co.uk/Onli...6-B884426DF11D

[[Evan's probably saying "damn Mom you went too cheap !!" LOL!!)
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 11-02-2019 at 12:31 PM.

^^^

Price 1 - Floor * £166.50 [[Sold out)
    Price 1 - Lower Tier * £166.50 [[Sold out)
    Price 2 - Floor * £146.50 [[Sold out)
    Price 2 - Lower Tier * £146.50 [[Sold out)
    Price 2 - Upper Tier * £146.50 [[Sold out)
    Price 3 - Floor * £112.95 [[Sold out)
    Price 3 - Lower Tier * £112.95 [[Sold out)
    Price 3 - Upper Tier * £112.95 [[Sold out)
    Price 4 - Floor * £101.45 [[Sold out)
    Price 4 - Lower Tier * £101.45 [[Sold out)
    Price 4 - Upper Tier * £101.45 [[Sold out)
    Price 5 - Floor * £85.35 [[Sold out)
    Price 5 - Lower Tier * £85.35 [[Sold out)
    Price 5 - Upper Tier * £85.35 [[Sold out)
    The Liverpool Collection Lounge £250.00 [[Sold out)
    Price 6 - Upper Tier * £73.15

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    looks like she's a hot property there:

https://www.mandsbankarena.com/

https://www.ticketquarter.co.uk/Onli...6-B884426DF11D

[[Evan's probably saying "damn Mom you went too cheap !!" LOL!!)
    He will probably tell her when he reads this!

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    ^^^

Price 1 - Floor * £166.50 [[Sold out)
    Price 1 - Lower Tier * £166.50 [[Sold out)
    Price 2 - Floor * £146.50 [[Sold out)
    Price 2 - Lower Tier * £146.50 [[Sold out)
    Price 2 - Upper Tier * £146.50 [[Sold out)
    Price 3 - Floor * £112.95 [[Sold out)
    Price 3 - Lower Tier * £112.95 [[Sold out)
    Price 3 - Upper Tier * £112.95 [[Sold out)
    Price 4 - Floor * £101.45 [[Sold out)
    Price 4 - Lower Tier * £101.45 [[Sold out)
    Price 4 - Upper Tier * £101.45 [[Sold out)
    Price 5 - Floor * £85.35 [[Sold out)
    Price 5 - Lower Tier * £85.35 [[Sold out)
    Price 5 - Upper Tier * £85.35 [[Sold out)
    The Liverpool Collection Lounge £250.00 [[Sold out)
    Price 6 - Upper Tier * £73.15
    The promoters will be rubbing their hands!

I'm delighted and a little relieved the tickets are selling so quickly. I really hope Diana finds the time for a few tv interviews while here.

Those are incredible prices

Must be causing some consternation in some quarters here

Those are incredible prices

Must be causing some consternation in some quarters here
    Nah - it's all fake news. Diana is not the popular Supreme. He he he.