[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Diana...U.K tour dates

Its actually happening ....she doing a U.K tour...Diana has posted dates on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Its actually happening ....she doing a U.K tour...Diana has posted dates on FB.
    Glad it is finally official. Look out for additional dates to be announced soon.

Thanks Bluebrock...I most certainly will.

Both my ex wife and daughter have messaged me this morning to say they want to go....looks like im gonna have company lol

Just hoping she can sell the venues out:

30 June 2020 – First Direct Arena, Leeds
    1 July 2020 – M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
    3 July 2020 – Manchester Arena, Manchester
    4 July 2020 – The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
    6 July 2020 – Arena Birmingham, Birmingham
    8 July 2020 – The O2, London

These are big indoor venues.

Manchester Arena has a capacity of 21k, the second biggest in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Thanks Bluebrock...I most certainly will.
    I have been told to keep myself available from mid June through to the end of July so i can only assume we can expect further activity either here or maybe in Europe.
    Last edited by Bluebrock; 10-25-2019 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Not finished

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Just hoping she can sell the venues out:

30 June 2020 – First Direct Arena, Leeds
    1 July 2020 – M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
    3 July 2020 – Manchester Arena, Manchester
    4 July 2020 – The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
    6 July 2020 – Arena Birmingham, Birmingham
    8 July 2020 – The O2, London
    They are indeed large venues, but the UK has traditionally been Diana's biggest market so i guess the promoters are banking there being high demand after such a long absence. I know Diana would have preferred smaller venues on this tour and then maybe an arena tour in 2021,but the promoters insisted upon big venues. I suppose it is all down to money. If the demand is there further dates will be added at existing venues and maybe others too. I am told Dublin is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    They are indeed large venues, but the UK has traditionally been Diana's biggest market so i guess the promoters are banking there being high demand after such a long absence. I know Diana would have preferred smaller venues on this tour and then maybe an arena tour in 2021,but the promoters insisted upon big venues. I suppose it is all down to money. If the demand is there further dates will be added at existing venues and maybe others too. I am told Dublin is a possibility.
    I am extremely surprised that such large venues have been booked. I realise Diana has not toured the UK in quite some time, but even so. Now i am a little worried lol.
    I was thinking more Royal Albert Hall, London Palladium etc.

When will the tickets go on sale please?

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    When will the tickets go on sale please?
    Next Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I am extremely surprised that such large venues have been booked. I realise Diana has not toured the UK in quite some time, but even so. Now i am a little worried lol.
    I was thinking more Royal Albert Hall, London Palladium etc.
    Me too Ollie, but the promoters will have done their homework. They wouldn't be doing this if they didn't think the tour was capable of making big money. Only time will tell if their gamble pays off. I suspect it will.

Next Friday
    Thanks Bluebrock

Me too Ollie, but the promoters will have done their homework. They wouldn't be doing this if they didn't think the tour was capable of making big money. Only time will tell if their gamble pays off. I suspect it will.
    Fingers crossed. Are you thinking of attending any of the concerts?

Fingers crossed. Are you thinking of attending any of the concerts?
    I will be at most if not all of them i expect.

I will be at most if not all of them i expect.
    I wonder what made her think of naming it the Top Of The World Tour?.

This tour sounds very exciting. Do we know if the new album will be scheduled for release before the tour?

Isn't the album not coming out until Oct 20 which is a lost opportunity.

I would assume there will be a single probably a Mark Ronson produced track to tie in with the tour?

Sadly with how music is consumed nowadays it is hard for artists like Diana to have major single hits now.

I have to say I share Ollie's misgivings about the venues.

Isn't the album not coming out until Oct 20 which is a lost opportunity.

I would assume there will be a single probably a Mark Ronson produced track to tie in with the tour?

Sadly with how music is consumed nowadays it is hard for artists like Diana to have major single hits now.

I have to say I share Ollie's misgivings about the venues.
    Have faith. It will all work out just fine.
    I am told that new material will be heard prior to the tour, but that is all i am being told at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    This tour sounds very exciting. Do we know if the new album will be scheduled for release before the tour?
    I was told yesterday that "new material will be heard" prior to the tour. Make of that what you will.

I really don't know at this stage but i shall try to find out.

Could be cause shes embraced being 75 and shes in a real good place and happy happy happy. That all says shes on Top of the World imo.

I want her to take her time with this new album. Don’t want it rushed to coincide with Glastonbury or this tour. It would be a misstep if she debuts songs too early and the album is not ready for release.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I want her to take her time with this new album. Don’t want it rushed to coincide with Glastonbury or this tour. It would be a misstep if she debuts songs too early and the album is not ready for release.
    I disagree. She needs to have new material ready for this tour. We have waited long enough. It’s been way too long for new material. And this would be a perfect opportunity for thousands of people to hear it.

Just a couple of months ago she was in the pre planning stage for this new album. This does not leave much time to have songs written, record vocals, and production. Then remixes, and photo shoots, for a June/July release. God forbid she uses an old photo, “some” fans would complain about that. I just want this to be a quality project. Worthy of time and detail, and proper promotion. With that said, I welcome new material.

Big venue = Big paycheck .... if it sells out

She will take her time. She began working on the album last week and will continue to work on it in the weeks leading up to Christmas. She will resume work on it following her dates in the USA in the new year.
    It is unlikely to be ready in time for her UK tour, but a track or two will be available to stream according to my very reliable sources. Everything is under control. Don't worry.

Just a couple of months ago she was in the pre planning stage for this new album. This does not leave much time to have songs written, record vocals, and production. Then remixes, and photo shoots, for a June/July release. God forbid she uses an old photo, “some” fans would complain about that. I just want this to be a quality project. Worthy of time and detail, and proper promotion. With that said, I welcome new material.
    That’s true. We do want quality. But I just remember being a fan of Diana Ross at the height of her career and popularity . She would release a new album every year with a huge tour to promote it. How I miss those times.

She will take her time. She began working on the album last week and will continue to work on it in the weeks leading up to Christmas. She will resume work on it following her dates in the USA in the new year.
    It is unlikely to be ready in time for her UK tour, but a track or two will be available to stream according to my very reliable sources. Everything is under control. Don't worry.
    Is she working with Mark?

To take full advantage, she really needs a new single out before the tour to help with TV appearances to further promote her tour. "Tonight on the Graham Norton show, the Queen of Motown performs her new smash Top of the World and discusses her 50 year career".

She doesn't need to promote Glastonbury as that's a sell-out every year regardless of who's on the bill.

And I hope the single is up-tempo to fit in with the Glastonbury set and to appeal to the singles-buying market [[which is not most of the people on here).
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 10-25-2019 at 11:06 PM.

not sure why it should take so long... .???

.....remember when the Supremes could crank out four LPs in a year .... and that's when you had actual musicians with actual instruments to incorporate as part of the music making process [[not to mention studio scheduling ..etc. etc. etc.)....
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 10-26-2019 at 01:31 AM.

Is she working with Mark?
    I have not had official confirmation but i am told more than one producer will be used.

Thanks bluebrock. Exciting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    not sure why it should take so long... .???

.....remember when the Supremes could crank out four LPs in a year .... and that's when you had actual musicians with actual instruments to incorporate as part of the music making process [[not to mention studio scheduling ..etc. etc. etc.)....
    I don't know. I am not involved in modern day recording methods so i am not at all sure why it seems to be such a long drawn out process these days.

Thanks bluebrock. Exciting times ahead.
    Isn't it just? A great time to be a Diana fan. We need to fully embrace this "Indian Summer". Things will gradually begin to slow down, but for the next couple of years or so there is much to look forward to. Diana is in a very good place at the moment. Let's make new memories together and join her in celebrating her glorious career along with its ups and downs and its unprecedented highs.

Isn't it just? A great time to be a Diana fan. We need to fully embrace this "Indian Summer". Things will gradually begin to slow down, but for the next couple of years or so there is much to look forward to. Diana is in a very good place at the moment. Let's make new memories together and join her in celebrating her glorious career along with its ups and downs and its unprecedented highs.
    Amen! And such great news for you, too!

You're absolutely correct .feels good to be celebrating somebody who's in a good place even leaving Age out of it for a moment,[[ but doesn't that make it all the moreso)
    I'm guessing Diana's shows in Vegas must be drawing them in, providing evidence that she's got the draw power.
    She'd be very wise to be riding on a successful song right now, of course that's easier to say than to actually accomplish .

Never did I think 2020, she will stage a return to recordings. This is exciting. Maybe one final hurrah.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    That’s true. We do want quality. But I just remember being a fan of Diana Ross at the height of her career and popularity . She would release a new album every year with a huge tour to promote it. How I miss those times.
    She was much younger back then vgalindo. Nowadays she performs more as a hobby rather than a career. She is in good health generally speaking, but i am sure this tour and the Glastonbury engagement with tire her out. I don't want her to take too much on. She is none too fond about the prospect of undertaking a world tour.

She was much younger back then vgalindo. Nowadays she performs more as a hobby rather than a career. She is in good health generally speaking, but i am sure this tour and the Glastonbury engagement with tire her out. I don't want her to take too much on. She is none too fond about the prospect of undertaking a world tour.
    seems foolish to do a tour and release the album after.. a wasted opportunity to tie in promotion and sales.
    while I look forward to a new album I will give the tour a miss. I was disappointed last time I saw her live

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Amen! And such great news for you, too!
    It is for sure. I feel honoured and blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by mwmr View Post
    seems foolish to do a tour and release the album after.. a wasted opportunity to tie in promotion and sales.
    while I look forward to a new album I will give the tour a miss. I was disappointed last time I saw her live
    We don't know for sure if the album will or will not be available in time for the tour.
    If it isn't there is a strong possibility of another tour in 2021. Diana is very keen to re-connect with her loyal UK audience. It is long overdue, but better late than never.

In that case would the album be held back or would a second album be released?

October 2020 would really be a daft time to release it.

If Diana did go to Dublin she could maybe do Belfast as well - she's been there twice before and it has a great reputation among artists for the reception they get.

It would seem Diana will be in the UK during Wimbledon - maybe we'll see her there again - she got great publicity from her last trip there.

Quote Originally Posted by mwmr View Post
    She hasn't recorded a decent album in 35 years. Chances are if this one materializes, it will flop as well.

It is for sure. I feel honoured and blessed.
    You forgot respected and ... ENVIED!!

In that case would the album be held back or would a second album be released?

October 2020 would really be a daft time to release it.

If Diana did go to Dublin she could maybe do Belfast as well - she's been there twice before and it has a great reputation among artists for the reception they get.

It would seem Diana will be in the UK during Wimbledon - maybe we'll see her there again - she got great publicity from her last trip there.
    I have unofficially heard it is a two album deal.
    As regards October 2020 being a "daft" time to release the album i would say it is an ideal time to coincide with her USA tour.
    Belfast is a good idea. I was there with her at least once back in the day.
    She will take in Wimbledon for sure. Her love of tennis is well documented. It promises to be a great summer.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    You forgot respected and ... ENVIED!!
    Perhaps, but it will be no stroll in the park. I will be very well paid for my troubles, but it is a very responsible and demanding role that has more than a few ups and downs, but i would have it no other way. I love the unpredicability of the task.

I see an article that said Diana could make $50 million pounds from this tour! That’s a totally astounding and almost obscene amount! Is that accurate and possible?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She hasn't recorded a decent album in 35 years. Chances are if this one materializes, it will flop as well.

"Originally Posted by
    marv2 October 2016
    I don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here."