[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Glastonbury tickets at £265 seem quite a good deal considering patrons will also get the chance to see sets from dozens of others

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Glastonbury tickets at £265 seem quite a good deal considering patrons will also get the chance to see sets from dozens of others
    Isn’t that $500+++ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I'm delighted and a little relieved the tickets are selling so quickly. I really hope Diana finds the time for a few tv interviews while here.
    That is the plan. There are one or two exciting possibilities that could take place, but everything is of course in the very early planning stages at the moment. Watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    That is the plan. There are one or two exciting possibilities that could take place, but everything is of course in the very early planning stages at the moment. Watch this space.
    Even more exciting possibilities!!!. This is all getting to much lol. I feel like a kid again on the night before christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Even more exciting possibilities!!!. This is all getting to much lol. I feel like a kid again on the night before christmas.
    It is an exciting time to be a Diana Ross fan. 2020 and 2021 promise to be landmark years. Some of the ideas being discussed are way beyond what i could have possibly hoped for a couple of years ago. Obviously not all of the ideas will come to fruition but if only two or three of them materialise it will be a real treat for us. Obviously Diana's continued well being is the most important factor. There are no guarantees in this world, but if her health holds up you will not be disappointed by the future possibilities.
    We need

OMG OMG OMG I WAS GOING THROUGH TICKET WEBSITES LAST WEEK WHEN I FOUND OUT, I SAID TO MY MUM I WOULD LIKE TICKETS AS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT VERY MUCH PLEASE, I WAS TEMPTED TO BUT THEM MYSELF BUT HOPE SHE GETS THE MESSAGE AND TICKETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE, OTHERWISE CHRISTMAS WILL BE RUINED, I HAVE TO SEE DIANA WHILE SHE'S HERE AND IN SUCH GOOD SPIRIT, I CANNOT WAIT IT SHOULD BE AMAZING

PS a bit excited

ALSO, am I right in thinking that the tour's name 'Top Of The World' is an excellent albeit rather niche reference to Diana's song of the same name from Baby It's Me...?

Bluebrock

Have you any information on how the ticket sales have gone?

Although venues have declared "SOLD OUT" this can be because Agencies have bought up block bookings and these may not necessarlly have then been bought by the public.

I'm beginning ti get very uneasy about Norovirus.

With only a few months to go there must be a possibility that everything could be called off.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Bluebrock

With only a few months to go there must be a possibility that everything could be called off.
    Think you are referring to coronavirus. Yes, as soon as it was announced that there could be restrictions on mass gatherings, my first thought was the Diana Ross concert. I've already booked the hotel which is non-refundable and if the concert is cancelled, you will only get the ticket cost back, not the booking and agency fees. Just hope it has all sorted out for June.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Bluebrock

Have you any information on how the ticket sales have gone?

Although venues have declared "SOLD OUT" this can be because Agencies have bought up block bookings and these may not necessarlly have then been bought by the public.

The ticket sales have been better than expected. Several venues are almost sold out.
    As regards the coronavirus i would say there is a 50% chance of the tour being postponed. The European dates are the ones most in danger. She was not at all happy about those dates being added. She only initially committed to the UK dates. Glastonbury is increasingly likely to be a casualty. The whole event is in jeapordy. I have not had an update since last week, but i am expecting one next Monday.
    If the tour is cancelled it will be rescheduled when the situation calms down. That is all i can tell you at the moment.

The ticket sales have been better than expected. Several venues are almost sold out.
    As regards the coronavirus i would say there is a 50% chance of the tour being postponed. The European dates are the ones most in danger. She was not at all happy about those dates being added. She only initially committed to the UK dates. Glastonbury is increasingly likely to be a casualty. The whole event is in jeapordy. I have not had an update since last week, but i am expecting one next Monday.
    If the tour is cancelled it will be rescheduled when the situation calms down. That is all i can tell you at the moment.
    All makes sense my dear. Better safe than sorry. Im thinking the Tokyo olympics are gonna get canceled or postponed. Sad but we gotta be safe.

It's not looking good folks. It is looking increasingly likely to be postponed. Note that i say postponed rather than cancelled.
    More news as and when.

Not a surprise.

We’ve been told that at a certain stage the public will begin to understand this is serious. In Canada, we’ve reached that stage it seems.

It's not looking good folks. It is looking increasingly likely to be postponed. Note that i say postponed rather than cancelled.
    More news as and when.
    Thanks for real news; I would not fault any performer who draws large crowds for wanting to avoid a worldwide pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Not a surprise.

We’ve been told that at a certain stage the public will begin to understand this is serious. In Canada, we’ve reached that stage it seems.
    Do you have tests available in Canada? In the USA we're told by some as!H*le in the White House that there are 'beautiful tests' available for anyone who wants one, but SHOCK!! there are not.

They are working at doing tests outside a hospital so people with the virus don’t spread it by going to the hospital

There is some hope the virus peaks quite quickly; it seems China has peaked???

Who knows

Peaked? Well, here in the USA one of the 'president' 's shillsxxx I mean spokespersons - Kelly Ann Conned-her-way, said yesterday 'It's been contained. Don't you think it's contained?'.

Not at all in USA or Canada; it may have peaked in China

There’s a Facebook post saying the Vegas Residency is cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    There’s a Facebook post saying the Vegas Residency is cancelled
    She is cancelling all dates with immediate effect unless otherwise advised. Many other artists will do the same.

She is cancelling all dates with immediate effect unless otherwise advised. Many other artists will do the same.
    Yes, others have already done so. A sad and scary time it is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Yes, others have already done so. A sad and scary time it is for sure.
    Yes it is. She has done it on medical advice
    Expect an official statement shortly.

Diana just posted this on Facebook and Twitter concerning her Miami concerts tonight and tomorrow:

Out of concern for public health and safety, the performances in Miami, March 12 and 13 are postponed.
    We are heeding warnings from those who have communicated concerns about large events and
    also heeding warnings from health officials.
    We are always concerned about the safety of our live audiences and will attempt to reschedule these performances
    hopefully in the coming months.
    Last edited by khansperac; 03-12-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Diana just posted this on Facebook and Twitter concerning her Miami concerts tonight and tomorrow:

Out of concern for public health and safety, the performances in Miami, March 12 and 13 are postponed.
    We are heeding warnings from those who have communicated concerns about large events and
    also heeding warnings from health officials.
    We are always concerned about the safety of our live audiences and will attempt to reschedule these performances
    hopefully in the coming months.
    It is only common sense to do this. Hopefully these dates will be rescheduled in the Fall, and the UK dates for summer 2021.

Surprised to see the concert advertised on TV in the North West for the first time this morning, is that to reassure people that it's still going ahead?

Her Hawaii dates were just cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Surprised to see the concert advertised on TV in the North West for the first time this morning, is that to reassure people that it's still going ahead?
    Not sure what is going on there. I was told last Tuesday that all shows were postponed until [[hopefully) 202l. I was expecting an official announcement by the end of last week, but so far that has not been forthcoming. Very strange indeed.

Not sure what is going on there. I was told last Tuesday that all shows were postponed until [[hopefully) 202l. I was expecting an official announcement by the end of last week, but so far that has not been forthcoming. Very strange indeed.
    Possibly/probably a pre-booked advert & there was a mis- or non-communication with the broadcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Possibly/probably a pre-booked advert & there was a mis- or non-communication with the broadcaster.
    Very likely. The dates are 100% cancelled. I am surprised it is taking so long for it to be officially confirmed. There must be some legal issues still to be resolved.

A shame for so many people.

I hope at least to see her at Glastonbury [[on tv) at some later date.

And I also hope you are all well and staying healthy.

A shame for so many people.

I hope at least to see her at Glastonbury [[on tv) at some later date.

And I also hope you are all well and staying healthy.
    Glastonbury appears to be still a possible although Diana herself could still pull out. Fingers crossed.

Just in the news: Glastonbury is cancelled

Yes - couldn't see it going ahead with the current situation. Wondered if there might be a chance it was postponed to a later date this year - obviously not though this would have been problematic with many artists likely to be contracted for other engagements on any new date.

Wonder if they will try and keep the same acts for 2021 presuming there even is a 2021 event...

Oh dear. Some good news one of these days in 2020 would be nice....

And I'm not just feeling sorry for Diana or big acts and fans like us. But all the musicians, backing vocalists, dancers, publicists, assistants, roadies etc etc affected by this global crisis.

The only 'bright side' to this is that I guess Diana could still work in the studio with Ronson etc to prepare her new album.
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 03-18-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Just in the news: Glastonbury is cancelled
    Oh bugger. I guess it would have been deemed extremely reckless had the event took place. As Levi pointed out, the effect of such cancellations are felt right across the spectrum.
    Any kind of new release would be most very welcome at the mo. Expanded or otherwise.

Yes - couldn't see it going ahead with the current situation. Wondered if there might be a chance it was postponed to a later date this year - obviously not though this would have been problematic with many artists likely to be contracted for other engagements on any new date.

Wonder if they will try and keep the same acts for 2021 presuming there even is a 2021 event...
    This has put the nail in the coffin for the Tour as this was added on to her appearance at Glastonbury it could be some years before she decides to tour here in the U.K., if at all. Perhaps they will stop running the concert tour adverts now, three times a day since Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    This has put the nail in the coffin for the Tour as this was added on to her appearance at Glastonbury it could be some years before she decides to tour here in the U.K., if at all. Perhaps they will stop running the concert tour adverts now, three times a day since Monday.
    I was informed that the tour was cancelled over one week ago including Glastonbury. I am amazed it has taken this long for it to be made official. The tour adverts which i have yet to see should have been pulled or even better not shown at all. It is very misleading and has probably led to many people wasting their time by booking tickets when the tour had already been cancelled. It is bang out of order.
    It is hoped most of this years acts will be rebooked for Glastonbury will be available for 2021. As soon as Diana's participation is confirmed i shall let you know. The tour will hopefully take place in the summer of 2021. Basically everything is being postponed for 12 months, but of course that is not yet official.

Is there still no official word on the UK dates? I have tickets for London but I have not received any info on the show being cancelled. Also, you can still buy tickets online for the shows. Seems very strange, if the shows are indeed postponed.

Me too...I have been waiting for some news..I spent over £400 on tickets and would like to know whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    Is there still no official word on the UK dates? I have tickets for London but I have not received any info on the show being cancelled. Also, you can still buy tickets online for the shows. Seems very strange, if the shows are indeed postponed.
    It is out of order that there has been no official announcement. I suspect it is down to the promoters who are desperate to hang on to your money for a little while longer. Interest rates are so low at the moment so they cannot be making too much interest in your money.
    I am sorry you are being kept hanging on a string. It is a very unsatisfactory state of affairs.

Pet Shop Boys just delayed their UK 2020 shows until summer 2021, but already purchased tickets remain valid for the shows next year. Perhaps a similar system will be used for the Diana dates?

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    Pet Shop Boys just delayed their UK 2020 shows until summer 2021, but already purchased tickets remain valid for the shows next year. Perhaps a similar system will be used for the Diana dates?
    I believe that is the plan.

Well if that is the plan they need to be telling the folks that shelled out all their money in the first place...I would rather get my money back and re book when the concerts are re scheduled.

Here in the states one hears lots of similar stories about concert producers being rather ... non-compliant ... about issuing refunds. Note that this covers all concert genres, not just those of our favorites.

I think I saw with the Pet Shop Boys that a refund option was also available. I have already booked a non-refundable hotel because of the Diana shows in the UK but luckily I held off booking the flight.