[REMOVE ADS]

Motown A Go Go in Detroit

Just wondering if any forum members are from the Detroit area [[if there are any.) I know one of the biggest Motown fans who used to be a forum member passed away. If he were here I know he would be attending and could answer the question.

The Elgins are one of the groups featured in the event. Does anyone know who the current members of the current group are by name?

Thanks.

Good question Woodward. I did not think they were still active as a group.

[QUOTE=marv2;545496]Good question Woodward. I did not think they were still active as a group.[/QUOTE

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fre...amp/4088648002
    Mentions the Marvelettes also.

Nice front page Free Press article by Bill McGraw about this event and its inspiration Phil Dick from Apperley Bridge, England. Phil is so Northern Soul that he was even married on the steps of Motown.
    Name:  Northern-Soul.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  18.8 KB

Interesting..

I wrote to the Detroit Free Press on several occasions to promote my NS/Motown web based radio show, with the aim of appealing to Detroit residents.

I never received a reply.