[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Diana Ross Lady Sings the Blues: UDiscover

And yet, in all these years, Universal has never gone back to remaster or remix the cd for better sound.

It is disappointing that they’ve never made this into a deluxe reissue to include the “Blue” LP.

Quote Originally Posted by pghmusiclover View Post
    It is disappointing that they’ve never made this into a deluxe reissue to include the “Blue” LP.
    Not to mention the as-yet never-officially released outtakes such as "Crazy He Calls Me."

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Not to mention the as-yet never-officially released outtakes such as "Crazy He Calls Me."
    A deluxe edition is way overdue, but having let it drag on for this long it seems highly unlikely that Universal will give it the green light anytime soon.

I don't believe that there is much of a market anymore for this particular artist or this type of music.

What a great idea

It's shameful that this brilliant album has been relatively ignored. The fact that it was such a huge seller makes it all the more perplexing.

Maybe they're waiting for the big 5-0?

Universal hasn't seen an anniversary date they they haven't thrown out the window and ignored! They've missed every single one with regards to The Supremes & Diana Ross.

My memory is that there were many more consents required for this

But that being said, Universal hasn’t much interest anymore

If they had this would be a top of the list choice

Never cared for the soundtrack album. Too much movie dialogue. Such a waste of space. They should remove the dialogue, add the Blue tracks and call it LSTB deluxe, or LSTB the complete recordings. Not necessary, but they could also include a Blu-ray/DVD of Stolen Moments.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Never cared for the soundtrack album. Too much movie dialogue. Such a waste of space. They should remove the dialogue, add the Blue tracks and call it LSTB deluxe, or LSTB the complete recordings. Not necessary, but they could also include a Blu-ray/DVD of Stolen Moments.
    I agree. As a kid I loved the dialogue because there was no videos or DVDs. But now I hardly ever play the soundtrack because the dialogue ruins it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I agree. As a kid I loved the dialogue because there was no videos or DVDs. But now I hardly ever play the soundtrack because the dialogue ruins it for me.
    It's so true. They usually do this when they don't have enough musical material to fill up an album so they pad it with dialogue. Of course, when the "Lady" soundtrack came out it was a double LP so it certainly could have been a single LP without the dialogue. I find I rarely play such an album more than once or twice, unless I can skip all the dialogue portions easily.

They did the same with the second volumes of the soundtracks to "Titanic," "Gladiator," and I think "Braveheart." A cheesy marketing ploy, IMHO.

"Lady" could be restored with the musical score and songs on one CD, the original LP on a second CD, and "Blue" would be a great 3rd CD in what would be a magnificent set.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    It's so true. They usually do this when they don't have enough musical material to fill up an album so they pad it with dialogue. Of course, when the "Lady" soundtrack came out it was a double LP so it certainly could have been a single LP without the dialogue. I find I rarely play such an album more than once or twice, unless I can skip all the dialogue portions easily.

They did the same with the second volumes of the soundtracks to "Titanic," "Gladiator," and I think "Braveheart." A cheesy marketing ploy, IMHO.

"Lady" could be restored with the musical score and songs on one CD, the original LP on a second CD, and "Blue" would be a great 3rd CD in what would be a magnificent set.
    I so agree that would be a magnificent set. They could also include the songs that were cut. Like “Crazy he calls me”.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 10-25-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I so agree that would be a magnificent set. They could also include the songs that were cut. Like “Crazy he calls me”.
    Of course we have to have bonus tracks. Has that one surfaced somewhere? I haven't heard it. Thanks vgalindo.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Of course we have to have bonus tracks. Has that one surfaced somewhere? I haven't heard it. Thanks vgalindo.

In the Netherlands, they released the soundtrack as single disc without the movie dialogue and called the album "Diana Ross sings the songs from Lady Sings the Blues."

Name:  Diana ross sings the songs from Lady sings the blues.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  76.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    In the Netherlands, they released the soundtrack as single disc without the movie dialogue and called the album "Diana Ross sings the songs from Lady Sings the Blues."

That was a very shrewd move. I would like that on cd.

I’ve never heard of this LP and would like to know more. Was the LP essentially the second disc of the American release? Were any of the edited songs released in full studio versions? As a child just discovering Diana Ross I liked the dialogue, but now I wish we had full uninterrupted versions of the songs on the first disc...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I’ve never heard of this LP and would like to know more. Was the LP essentially the second disc of the American release? Were any of the edited songs released in full studio versions? As a child just discovering Diana Ross I liked the dialogue, but now I wish we had full uninterrupted versions of the songs on the first disc...
    It was basically just the second disc of the US American release.
    https://www.discogs.com/Diana-Ross-S...elease/7769849

Jaap

It was basically just the second disc of the US American release.
    https://www.discogs.com/Diana-Ross-S...elease/7769849

Jaap
    Thank you Jaap for the info!! Appreciate it...

Thanks for sharing Crazy He Calls Me. Surprised it didn't make Blue!!!!!!! I think there are a few more tracks left .
    I didn't like the dialogue in the soundtrack but I was able to download some songs from iTunes without it

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Thanks for sharing Crazy He Calls Me. Surprised it didn't make Blue!!!!!!! I think there are a few more tracks left .
    I didn't like the dialogue in the soundtrack but I was able to download some songs from iTunes without it
    You're welcome, my friend!

I, for one, happen to love the dialogue snippets. It's fun to recite along with the album Rocky Horror style.

I have a bootleg cd called Lady Sings the Blues the lost sessions. It has Crazy he calls me. I really don’t know why it wasn’t included on Blue.

Was there any other out takes??
    Just don't get Universal

Was there any other out takes??
    Just don't get Universal
    I don’t believe so. I don’t have it in front of me at the moment. I do remember the other songs were alternate versions from the recordings of
    “LSTB”

Come on universal ....release Crazy He Calls Me