[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Randy DeBarge starts the song off. That is Marty DeBarge on the far right. Bunny is in the center of course and James is on the left on the end.
    thanks Marv. I appreciate your knowledge.

Now I am curious..............What was Motown's THIRD longest running radio hit??

One candidate might be Rick James' GIVE IT TO ME BABY . On the chart for 25 weeks, five of which were at #1.
    Now that's a HIT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    thanks Marv. I appreciate your knowledge.

Now I am curious..............What was Motown's THIRD longest running radio hit??

One candidate might be Rick James' GIVE IT TO ME BABY . On the chart for 25 weeks, five of which were at #1.
    Now that's a HIT!!
    "Super Freak" was even more successful. Are you referring to the Pop or R&B charts?

"Three Times A Lady" seemed to stay on the charts forever in the second half of 1978.

"Super Freak" was even more successful. Are you referring to the Pop or R&B charts?

Sticking to the R&B chart and using same Joel Whitburn book as the source.

SUPERFREAK --- 17 weeks
    3X A LADY -----Also 17 weeks although you're right , it seemed a lot longer. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Sticking to the R&B chart and using same Joel Whitburn book as the source.

SUPERFREAK --- 17 weeks
    3X A LADY -----Also 17 weeks although you're right , it seemed a lot longer. lol!
    I was a freshman in college and it seemed like everytime you turned on the radio that Fall it was either "Three Times A Lady" or Anne Murray's "You Needed Me" was on. Radio in Colorado sucked! LOL!

Randy wrote the verses, Bunny the bridge and El the music. El produced it with Idris Gordy. Idris is the only one who got him to go really high in the song at the end.

DeBarge and Val Young were some of the last artists from Detroit to join Motown. They both also have roots in the Brewster Projects of Detroit.
    Etterlene DeBarge's family, the Abneys, lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Randy wrote the verses, Bunny the bridge and El the music. El produced it with Idris Gordy. Idris is the only one who got him to go really high in the song at the end.
    Her name is Iris. She use to be married to Johnny Bristol. I know her daughter Karla.