[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson in Concert - Findlay University, Findlay OH!

Come Celebrate Motown at 60 with Mary Wilson.

Attachment 16428

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Looks like about 50 tickets are sold. I can't help but be a tad surprised that she's relying on DWTS to sell tix, but then again I'm sure that basically no one in college right now, nor their parents, have a clue as to whom Wilson is.

Unfortunately - The tickets sold is absolutely incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Looks like about 50 tickets are sold. I can't help but be a tad surprised that she's relying on DWTS to sell tix, but then again I'm sure that basically no one in college right now, nor their parents, have a clue as to whom Wilson is.
    History is not being taught in many colleges. The real story of Motown is not
    Motown: The Musical; nor is it what has been retold by those not actually present in 1959.

Music is always the surround sound of a current generation. But, music, itself is repetitive. Who will even know Post Malone or Taylor Swift in sixty years?

Each of our lives plays to music.

Quote Originally Posted by stalebagel View Post
    Motown: The Musical; nor is it what has been retold by those not actually present in 1959.

Music is always the surround sound of a current generation. But, music, itself is repetitive. Who will even know Post Malone or Taylor Swift in sixty years?

Thank you Nancy! I hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by stalebagel View Post

I'm quite sure that 60 years ago the Patti Page / Enrico Caruso fans of the world were screamin' bloody murder that 'race music' would not be remembered in 60 months, let alone 60 years! Not sure of what your 'tickets sold' points to. Has the show sold more or less than that screen shot of available tickets? I don't see the show mentioned, but Piddles the Clown is nearly sold out at the same theater.

So far, just the first six rows of orchestra center have sold for Mary's show. Most of the other seats are mostly empty.

Actually, sixty years ago, people like Patti Page, McGuire Sisters, Pat Boone, Georgia Gibbs, Crew Cuts, etc were not screamin' bloody murder that 'race music' would not be remembered in sixty months. They were too busy recording their own cover versions of the 'race music' and making money off of it.

I'm quite sure that 60 years ago the Patti Page / Enrico Caruso fans of the world were screamin' bloody murder that 'race music' would not be remembered in 60 months, let alone 60 years! Not sure of what your 'tickets sold' points to. Has the show sold more or less than that screen shot of available tickets? I don't see the show mentioned, but Piddles the Clown is nearly sold out at the same theater.
    Why do you even care about this? Why are you so nasty to Nancy?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    So far, just the first six rows of orchestra center have sold for Mary's show. Most of the other seats are mostly empty.

Actually, sixty years ago, people like Patti Page, McGuire Sisters, Pat Boone, Georgia Gibbs, Crew Cuts, etc were not screamin' bloody murder that 'race music' would not be remembered in sixty months. They were too busy recording their own cover versions of the 'race music' and making money off of it.
    Why do you even care?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Why do you even care?
    I don't. Someone asked if the number listed above was accurate and I supplied an answer to that question. And I just answered your question, even though I don't care about it either.

Why do you even care that I answer questions?

That's about the same number of tickets I guess-timated from the seating chart. Is the event still on? BTW, my comment made no mention of the performers; it was the fans that I made reference to. The larger point of my reference is that fans of the music of every contemporary era believe that it is their era's music that will be remembered.

That's about the same number of tickets I guess-timated from the seating chart. Is the event still on? BTW, my comment made no mention of the performers; it was the fans that I made reference to. The larger point of my reference is that fans of the music of every contemporary era believe that it is their era's music that will be remembered.
    Thanks for the clarification. I skimmed right over the word "fans" and your comment is correct. We all think that the music of our generation will be around forever. And maybe it will be. I sometimes listen to songs of my generation on YouTube and get joy from reading comments from young people enjoying it too and saying that music was much better than today's music.

Thanks for the clarification. I skimmed right over the word "fans" and your comment is correct. We all think that the music of our generation will be around forever. And maybe it will be. I sometimes listen to songs of my generation on YouTube and get joy from reading comments from young people enjoying it too and saying that music was much better than today's music.
    ... and it's unknowable who will endure the years, isn't it? Whodathunk ... ABBA?