[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes on Soul Train-"I am not the leader"

So says Mary before they sing Early Morning Love--questions and answers before when Mary asked "As the leader ..." She prefaced her answer with "I am not the leader." Interesting. This sounds like a different version to me and I like it much better! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgd...mbed&start=237

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    So says Mary before they sing Early Morning Love--questions and answers before when Mary asked "As the leader ..." She prefaced her answer with "I am not the leader." Interesting. This sounds like a different version to me and I like it much better! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgd...mbed&start=237
    Pedro was the leader! hehehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yeah, so we've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    He was also a wife beating sadist. Not much to hehehehehehe about when you consider that fact.

I meant to say it sounds like a different version of Early Morning Love--what do others think? Not my fave song but this time it sounds more pleasing to my ears any way.

topdiva1 Guest
    That was likely Mary being Mary - sweet and very democratic - In the end this attitude did not serve her well - as some of the others WANTED that leader spot.

I meant to say it sounds like a different version of Early Morning Love--what do others think? Not my fave song but this time it sounds more pleasing to my ears any way.
    It sounds just slightly slower than on the album. Yes it does sound rather nice here.
    Last edited by marv2; 03-08-2011 at 02:21 PM.

"Early Morning Love" was released as the B side to one of the singles at the time but I cannot remember which one. Anyone knows?

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    That was likely Mary being Mary - sweet and very democratic - In the end this attitude did not serve her well - as some of the others WANTED that leader spot.
    Well....let's not rewrite history.

Thanks for posting Marv! Nice tempo to the song and Mary does a fine job out in front.

marv
    it's the a side on [[uk) tamla motown tmg 1012 the b side is ...where is it i belong
    in the states it was b side to... gonna let my heart do the walking on motown M1391F 1976
    Last edited by tamla617; 03-08-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    marv
    it's the a side on [[uk) tamla motown tmg 1012 the b side is ...where is it i belong
    in the states it was b side to... gonna let my heart do the walking on motown M1391F 1976
    Thank you Tamla!!!! I knew it was released on a single here ,but did not know it was an A side overseas. Great. It is a very nice song.

Luke

Wasn't this the second song...what came before?

Hmmmm-not sure--where I found it, it started with the interview and then this song. Ahem demot-who posted it?

Hmmmm-not sure--where I found it, it started with the interview and then this song. Ahem demot-who posted it?
    You did Luke, you did! hehehehehehe! Good find.

Gracias amigo-

smark21 Guest
    I've seen this up before at youtube. From their 1975 Soul Train appearance. They also did "He's My Man" and "This is Why I Believe in You".