[REMOVE ADS]

11 Years ago today Levi Stubbs left this world

Can't believe it's been 11 long long years since the greatest left this world. He certainly left a giant hole in ozone.

But the voice lives on forever.

Thank you Soulmusic4life for posting this remembrance. I had been thinking about posting something to commemorate Levi's passing all day. I sometimes find it hard to grasp how fast time passes. I attended his services in Detroit. He was my absolute favorite singer and one of my favorite people!

Marv

Just about the only time I cried when I woke to read the news that day! never did any artist impress me from the first time I saw Levi live with The Four Tops as a young teenager, then when leaving school and going into radio I got to meet him and interview him that many times, and we became friends, perhaps more than any other members of the group, we promoted as a Radio Station that many Four Tops concerts at The Liverpool Empire and Southport Theatre, every one a sell out, when I listen to tracks and look at photo's my eyes still fill up, but as others have said No One can ever take away the amazing vocals that Dear Levi brought us, what a Gift he had and I say Thanks he shared that Gift with us all.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Just about the only time I cried when I woke to read the news that day! never did any artist impress me from the first time I saw Levi live with The Four Tops as a young teenager, then when leaving school and going into radio I got to meet him and interview him that many times, and we became friends, perhaps more than any other members of the group, we promoted as a Radio Station that many Four Tops concerts at The Liverpool Empire and Southport Theatre, every one a sell out, when I listen to tracks and look at photo's my eyes still fill up, but as others have said No One can ever take away the amazing vocals that Dear Levi brought us, what a Gift he had and I say Thanks he shared that Gift with us all.
    That is a lovely tribute to one of the greatest male vocalists of all time. I saw him live many times but never got the chance to meet him face to face.
    Sometimes it can be better not to meet your musical heroes, but in this instance i feel that i missed out somewhat.

If you wanted to know how powerful Levi's vocals were, take away the music! You're welcome.

Simply masterful......

as someone once posted when the GREAT Levi Stubbs passed away.

Move over David, the real lead singer is here.

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    as someone once posted when the GREAT Levi Stubbs passed away.

Move over David, the real lead singer is here.

edafan
    They along wit Ali- Ollie Woodson are probably fighting over a heavenly mic right now. LOL! Whenever it thunders, that's just Levi warming up!
    Last edited by marv2; 10-18-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Thank you Soulmusic4life for posting this remembrance. I had been thinking about posting something to commemorate Levi's passing all day. I sometimes find it hard to grasp how fast time passes. I attended his services in Detroit. He was my absolute favorite singer and one of my favorite people!

Marv
    Wish I could've been at the service. The tops are my literally#1 favorite group. Levi's death left a knot in my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    That is a lovely tribute to one of the greatest male vocalists of all time. I saw him live many times but never got the chance to meet him face to face. Sometimes it can be better not to meet your musical heroes, but in this instance i feel that i missed out somewhat.
    I really wanted to attend the Funeral, but I had just two weeks earlier had serious surgery and my consultant would not allow me to fly, that broke my heart, but I was so thankful I was able to watch the complete funeral online live, it was so moving, every time I play one of the tracks of The Four Tops and the superb vocal of Levi, I am just so Thankful for what he brought to and shared with us, as I have said no one can ever take away from us.

Face to face with Levi

One of the highlight of my life was getting to have a face to face conversation with the greatest voice in music. Back in 1974 when Levi Frankie Vali and Tommy James were playing at Pine Knob. Frankie and Levi were just standing right in full view of the concession stand waiting for their time to go on stage and I and a friend braved to meet our hero, felt bad that we completely ignored Frankie, and Levi actually had to say, boys would like to introduce you to Frankie. How cool is that.
    What a great guy, and he really was interested in talking to us.
    The one time that Frankie got snubbed. I bet he still remembers that today.
    Levi, you left way too early

Quote Originally Posted by tmd View Post
    One of the highlight of my life was getting to have a face to face conversation with the greatest voice in music. Back in 1974 when Levi Frankie Vali and Tommy James were playing at Pine Knob. Frankie and Levi were just standing right in full view of the concession stand waiting for their time to go on stage and I and a friend braved to meet our hero, felt bad that we completely ignored Frankie, and Levi actually had to say, boys would like to introduce you to Frankie. How cool is that.
    What a great guy, and he really was interested in talking to us.
    The one time that Frankie got snubbed. I bet he still remembers that today.
    Levi, you left way too early
    Tmd, your post brought up so good memories for me. I use to work with and was friends with Frankie Valli's first cousin Terry [[their mom's were sisters). He was crazy and a lot of fun.

I remember one time years ago my Dad came to pick me up at Detroit Metro airport and I was just about to get into the car at the curb, Levi comes running by! It was drizzling rain at the time and he had his carry on bad over his head and dragging is luggage as his wife Ms. Cliniece had just dropped him off. I yelled "BUB"! [[the name I called him) and he yells back "YO! I gotta make this flight" and I said "you'd better slow down" and we just laughed.

And these kids today think they have singers....we had levi,nuff said!!!