[REMOVE ADS]

Elton John Calls Tina Turner a 'nightmare' in new book

Elton John just throwing shade on everyone isn’t he.

He's retiring so he's like:

I remembered the incident between Tina and Elton. Tina, according to a former musician with the Ike & Tina Turner Revue, would be ordering the band around when Ike was going somewhere. Tina knew how the music should sound so she would scold out whoever made a bad note. She also would argue with an Ikette if that Ikette messed up on a move [[Ike sometimes would choreograph them too).

To my knowledge, she didn't fine or fire anyone [[that was Ike's job) but Tina was dead on them when Ike wasn't around. Tina was like that with her bands after going solo, which worked out because Tina kept making bank for over 30 years after she left Ike.

Tina is NOT the woman you see on the What's Love Got to Do With It film. Elton can admit to being a brat. You can hear the rant today, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Elton John just throwing shade on everyone isn’t he.
    He seems to be having a "problem". He ragged hard on Elvis Presley too.

He must be going through menopause or something. Now he has really picked on the wrong person! Those Beehive people are going to tear him a new one.......

We Regret to Inform You That Elton John Did Not Approve of Beyoncé’s Lion King Soundtrack

https://www.vulture.com/2019/10/elto...lion-king.html

Tina spoke about the DIVAS LIVE incident on "60 MINUTES." She said Elton took offense when she tried to tell him how to play for their duet on PROUD MARY. She also said that he was "very sensitive" and later apologized for his outburst. Tina concluded that she pulled out of the tour because she could see how he would be on the road.

Sorry but I definitely believe Tina over Elton. He sounds like he's being a bitter drama queen and I think it's extremely petty and tacky for him to be coming out against his fellow legends at this point in his life and career. In my opinion, it does a tremendous disservice to his reputation and taints his legendary status. He could have kept it classy but likely wants to sell books and cash in, just like his never ending retirement tour.

Tina was hard on her staff because Ike gave her no choice...he was not playing around. She had a real hard work ethic and maintained it at all costs, to her own detriment, before and after Ike. She worked through a couple of severe illnesses during her last farewell tour. Some people forget that as a woman from that era, especially an African American woman, you had to work that much harder than your contemporaries, in order to get ahead and get your name out there. It was the unfortunate reality, and still is, sadly, in many ways. So I don't really buy any story about Tina being unnecessarily hard or demanding when it came to those she employed and/or worked with. She wasn't branded a survivor for nothing. She earned it all, and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Tina spoke about the DIVAS LIVE incident on "60 MINUTES." She said Elton took offense when she tried to tell him how to play for their duet on PROUD MARY. She also said that he was "very sensitive" and later apologized for his outburst. Tina concluded that she pulled out of the tour because she could see how he would be on the road.
    Elton pretty much confirms what Tina says in that interview. Elton is very sensitive. VERY! And he holds grudges over the weirdest things lol

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Sorry but I definitely believe Tina over Elton. He sounds like he's being a bitter drama queen and I think it's extremely petty and tacky for him to be coming out against his fellow legends at this point in his life and career. In my opinion, it does a tremendous disservice to his reputation and taints his legendary status. He could have kept it classy but likely wants to sell books and cash in, just like his never ending retirement tour.

Tina was hard on her staff because Ike gave her no choice...he was not playing around. She had a real hard work ethic and maintained it at all costs, to her own detriment, before and after Ike. She worked through a couple of severe illnesses during her last farewell tour. Some people forget that as a woman from that era, especially an African American woman, you had to work that much harder than your contemporaries, in order to get ahead and get your name out there. It was the unfortunate reality, and still is, sadly, in many ways. So I don't really buy any story about Tina being unnecessarily hard or demanding when it came to those she employed and/or worked with. She wasn't branded a survivor for nothing. She earned it all, and then some.
    I do too. In a way, I don't think he's actually defending his actions or maybe he is [[the wording is weird), but you're right. Tina had to do what she had to do. People don't know how it was for an African American woman in her era. She literally had to survive to thrive. She worked and walked through broken glass for 52 years [[1957-2009) to get where she is now and that means having to deal with sexism, abuse, racism [[Capitol Records actually told John Carter, "we're not signing no washed up n*gger woman" and this was before David Bowie told Capitol he was gonna see Tina at the Ritz in December 1982!!!) and ageism.

Only things Elton had to deal with were weight issues and homophobia [[which is just as hard as racism in some degrees, I should know, being a gay black man) but I think even he could understand [[or understand NOW) why Tina seemed "hard". I saw her rehearsals. She's stern but not mean. Elton went overboard and he apologized as he should've. The tour was not gonna happen.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Elton John and Billy Joel have issues on their tour???

This was all caught on video. It was funny. This isn’t about race. It’s about two temperamental divas.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    This was all caught on video. It was funny. This isn’t about race. It’s about two temperamental divas.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    He's retiring so he's like:

I remembered the incident between Tina and Elton. Tina, according to a former musician with the Ike & Tina Turner Revue, would be ordering the band around when Ike was going somewhere. Tina knew how the music should sound so she would scold out whoever made a bad note. She also would argue with an Ikette if that Ikette messed up on a move [[Ike sometimes would choreograph them too).

To my knowledge, she didn't fine or fire anyone [[that was Ike's job) but Tina was dead on them when Ike wasn't around. Tina was like that with her bands after going solo, which worked out because Tina kept making bank for over 30 years after she left Ike.

Tina is NOT the woman you see on the What's Love Got to Do With It film. Elton can admit to being a brat. You can hear the rant today, I think.
    Actually, Tina struggled following her launching a solo career, working small clubs with a few backup singer/dancers and small musical combos and was heavily in debt going back to her Ike days... I saw her at a place called DB's in Dearborn in this early 80's period... It was her life changing comeback with the Private Dancer release that re-launched her career and shot her back to stardom, but there were some very rough years in between...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 10-17-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Actually, Tina struggled following her launching a solo career, working small clubs with a few backup singer/dancers and small musical combos and was heavily in debt going back to her Ike days... I saw her at a place called DB's in Dearborn in this early 80's period... It was her life changing comeback with the Private Dancer release that re-launched her career and shot her back to stardom, but there were some very rough years in between...
    Yeah I know. I read up on her years of struggle [[1976-82). When Tina started her solo career, the albums she released afterwards didn't do much and the label dropped her [[I think the label itself never recovered either since it was on borrowed time - United Artists).

Then she tried various options: a cabaret show, a Vegas-y rock show, then finally the rock gigs that she ended up doing once Roger Davies worked with her in which the act became more grittier [[since Tina wanted to do "what the Stones and Rod does"). And then Roger struggled to get Tina a label. I forget how many labels Roger said turned them down before the deal with Capitol in 1983.

Tina's European ties, for better or worse, saved her [[as did her Australian manager lol). She did the impossible as a black woman and did become the rock goddess she always wanted to be...and in a sense, ALWAYS was.

Well ... I don't personally know either one, but Elton has a decades long rep as being difficult, and Tina does not. That does not mean that he is incorrect about his interaction with Tina, though. I guess he has his right to make these statements, but I prefer a higher-road approach. I won't buy EJ's book but may read it.