[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves & Vandellas 50th Singles collection.

I don't know how I missed this, but I believe disc 3 of this collection is a Lost and Found set.
    [[ was this the case on any other 50th singled set?).
    Anyway I am interested in this collection, the 3rd disc in particular.
    I'd be should be extremely grateful if anybody who has this set would be kind enough to PM me.
    Thank You

@Snakepit, some of the other collections had hard to find versions of some of the singles, such as the foreign language versions of some of their hits. I think the 4 Tops and Supremes sets have these, though I'm not sure about the Tempts set. But none of them had anything like a full disc of unreleased tracks except the Vandellas.

Kenneth,
    Thank you for that . I'll pass on the other sets..just MR&TV if it has u/I tracks.
    Regards
    Snakepit

It looks like it's still available at reasonable prices on Amazon. It's nice to have all the single A and B sides together. I haven't played the 3rd disc all that often, though I love Martha's version of "Light My Fire," a song that was covered [[and butchered!) by many others.

The earlier "Live Wire" set was a revelation when it came out but for some inexplicable reason they left off "A Love Like Yours." Never figured out that one!

I'll check out Amazon...Amazon UK had it for about £40 or more 😥

I've got "Livewire" and "Spellbound".

Well Snakepit, the Martha & the Vandellas 50th Anniversary box set is well worth it, and like you, I have so far passed on the sets by the others.

I was lucky to pick it up a couple of years ago from Amazon UK for £26!

[[Oh how I wished I had picked up TCMS 1965 when it was under £50!)

Btw, one of my favourites from disc three of the M&TV 50th set is 'Testifyin For Your Love', which is a real cracker of a track.

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 10-13-2019 at 04:17 PM.

It's amazing that after the Lost and Found set we got treated to a whole bunch of extra unreleased tracks on this 50th Anniversary collection. I love Martha's version of Light My Fire. I've played it to death recently. It's worth every penny of whatever it costs to get this set.

As others have already said, Martha Reeves & The Vandellas' 50th Anniversary-The Singles Collection collection is well worth getting. I picked up my copy of the set when it first came out 6 years ago and I love many of the previously unreleased tracks on Disc 3 of the collection [[my big favorites are 'Light My Fire', 'Hooked Real Good On A Bad Thing' & 'I've Got Nothing Left To Cling To'). Another bonus on the collection is 'Jimmy Mack'-the classic single version in full stereo [[and the mono version is there as well).

Found the tracks mentioned on youtube..all very good.

I'm not sure this one is on any of these sets?

Mystery Singer,
    That's a nice track, and if it has not yet surfaced, one wonders why?
    With the previous MR & TV u/I sets, and the 'yearly' compilations now available it seems strange it was not included.
    The choice of these tracks is a mystery to me but I'm sure those responsible could explain. They do a great job however.

I've found some more information about the unreleased Motown master from Martha Reeves and The Vandellas "I Love The Way He Loves Me". The copyright entry shows words and music by Sylvia Moy and registration date 28 July 1970 [[so maybe one for the next Motown Unreleased set). I do like it a lot.

I'd say
    There was a fair chance that might happen

The original idea for this series was to do one on all the major artists doing a mini TCMS for each one. I wanted to do something special for Martha and her singles [[A & B sides) fit neatly on 2 discs. Since these collections were designed to be 3 disc sets I thought an unreleased disc was the perfect way to go. I recall that Harry and I produced the Martha set and he was all for the idea. I had [[what I thought) were great ideas to toss in a few unreleased or rare gems on some of the others but it didn't happen. For instance there are original 60s single mixes of the first Baby Love and Stop! In The Name Of Love which have since been newly mixed in stereo and an earlier alternate mono single mix of Someday We'll Be Together with a different Diana vocal that still hasn't been released. I'm sorry the series didn't continue with other artists since they were all such beautiful collections. I think they are worth it for the packaging alone.
    As for the selection of unreleased Martha songs. We had opinions of what we thought was good and Martha also had her favorites and of course the idea was that she should be happy. And yes there is still more unreleased Martha!

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    The original idea for this series was to do one on all the major artists doing a mini TCMS for each one. I wanted to do something special for Martha and her singles [[A & B sides) fit neatly on 2 discs. Since these collections were designed to be 3 disc sets I thought an unreleased disc was the perfect way to go. I recall that Harry and I produced the Martha set and he was all for the idea. I had [[what I thought) were great ideas to toss in a few unreleased or rare gems on some of the others but it didn't happen. For instance there are original 60s single mixes of the first Baby Love and Stop! In The Name Of Love which have since been newly mixed in stereo and an earlier alternate mono single mix of Someday We'll Be Together with a different Diana vocal that still hasn't been released. I'm sorry the series didn't continue with other artists since they were all such beautiful collections. I think they are worth it for the packaging alone.
    As for the selection of unreleased Martha songs. We had opinions of what we thought was good and Martha also had her favorites and of course the idea was that she should be happy. And yes there is still more unreleased Martha!
    This track could still make it's way to a CD at some point