[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Maniac. r u referring to In and Out of love???.
    The Andantees were added in

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I don't buy the Ross going solo after "Reflections" story. If that was the case, why go through the hassle of firing Florence, hiring Cindy, rehiring Flo, buying Cindy out of her contract, waiting Florence out, firing Flo again...if it was all so that "Reflections" could hit the street as the swan song and Diana go on her merry way without the Supremes anyway?
    i believe the DR solo idea was about a year earlier, fall of 66. As things began to disintegrate within the group, I believe there was some initial idea of Diana leaving. she was carrier the majority of the burden of the group on her shoulders and not earning any more money for it. She was in the studios much more than M or F, the spokesperson, etc. It was clear that the group wasn't going to sustain much longer with all of the internal problems so a natural idea would be to think about her going solo. But it was Berry who wasn't 100% sure about things. thought it was premature.

So the idea then evolved to having her name brought out in front. And during the DRATS era, her work load increased even more as she now really was a solo singer with background vocal support. But using the established brand platform of "The Supremes" to launch herself into a solo career.

Diana is quoted somewhere as to saying her and Mary weren't sure how the fans would receive Cindy so they were coming up with alternative plans, one being that the group would break up and Diana would go solo.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i believe the DR solo idea was about a year earlier, fall of 66. As things began to disintegrate within the group, I believe there was some initial idea of Diana leaving. she was carrier the majority of the burden of the group on her shoulders and not earning any more money for it. She was in the studios much more than M or F, the spokesperson, etc. It was clear that the group wasn't going to sustain much longer with all of the internal problems so a natural idea would be to think about her going solo. But it was Berry who wasn't 100% sure about things. thought it was premature.

So the idea then evolved to having her name brought out in front. And during the DRATS era, her work load increased even more as she now really was a solo singer with background vocal support. But using the established brand platform of "The Supremes" to launch herself into a solo career.
    But wasn't that true of all the lead singer? Perhaps the Supremes were busier, but look at the Miracles. Smokey was just as busy writing, producing and singing, not to mention other business duties at Motown.

but smokey was then also earning additional income. He was a VP [[salary) and writer/producer which also provided him with additional royalties. then he would have also received royalties as a member of the Miracles.

And i don't have any idea if the royalty structure and appearance fees for the miracles were split evenly among members or not.

Also no idea what the royalty fees were for MRATV. I'm pretty sure the 5 temps and the 4 tops all were split evenly. no additional money for the leads

but smokey was then also earning additional income. He was a VP [[salary) and writer/producer which also provided him with additional royalties. then he would have also received royalties as a member of the Miracles.

And i don't have any idea if the royalty structure and appearance fees for the miracles were split evenly among members or not.

Also no idea what the royalty fees were for MRATV. I'm pretty sure the 5 temps and the 4 tops all were split evenly. no additional money for the leads
    Not sure what the royalty situation was with the Miracles but I wouldn't be surprised if it was split evenly. They seemed to do things that way. When Pete was in the Army, I believe they kept his portion of his earnings for him until his return. Also, Smokey encouraged the other members to write and if they attended a writing session, he would give them credit whether he used their ideas or not.

yeah i'd assume that too with the miracles. pretty much all of the groups except perhaps MRATV

and i don't know if Marvin and his duet partners [[at least Kim and Tammi) split 50/50 or not

yeah i'd assume that too with the miracles. pretty much all of the groups except perhaps MRATV

and i don't know if Marvin and his duet partners [[at least Kim and Tammi) split 50/50 or not
    In her book, I think Martha stated that she and the Vandellas split evenly as well. I'm not sure if that applied to later Vandellas Lois and Sandra.