[REMOVE ADS]

Motown's Gordy LPs from October 1962 through 1979

I tripped upon this TOTALLY by accident. Check it out. It gives both a picture of the front and the back covers of each album plus a picture of both the A and the B side of each record for each album.

A really colossal finding.

https://kimsloans.wordpress.com/rock...records/gordy/

That's a seriously cool discovery sir! It's a bit awkward navigating around but only because it's a massive project. I've saved it to my favourites and big thanks for posting

Nice website! I've just checked it out and they also have the pictures of the Tamla LPs as well [[from the '70s and on). Will see what else they have on display. Thanks for sharing Woodward.

I've always associated Stevie's catalog with the Tamla label so seeing the Eivets Rednow album on Gordy is really interesting

Quote Originally Posted by jaywonder View Post
    I've always associated Stevie's catalog with the Tamla label so seeing the Eivets Rednow album on Gordy is really interesting
    Stevie wanted to do a jazz instrumental album again but I think Berry was fearful that Stevie's instrumental jazz work would be overlooked over his hits. So I think they agreed to release it on Gordy for that purpose [[and why Stevie had his name in reverse). Of course it didn't sell though.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Stevie wanted to do a jazz instrumental album again but I think Berry was fearful that Stevie's instrumental jazz work would be overlooked over his hits. So I think they agreed to release it on Gordy for that purpose [[and why Stevie had his name in reverse). Of course it didn't sell though.
    I've always wondered if there were any unreleased tracks from this project, as there were only 9 songs released on the album.