[REMOVE ADS]

Meridian MS to honor David Ruffin

If you don’t know him by name, you’ve probably heard him sing about “sunshine on a cloudy day.”Soon, a street and a sidewalk in Meridian will bear the name of David Ruffin.Ruffin, who was born in Whynot and claimed Meridian as home, became one of the lead singers of the Motown group The Temptations and performed chart-topping hits such as “My Girl” and “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg.”
    Meridian city leaders announced Friday plans for a celebration on Oct. 26 including the ceremonial naming of a four-block section of 8th Street near the Temple Theatre as “David Ruffin Boulevard.”Mississippi’s Arts + Entertainment Experience will also place a star in Ruffin's name on its Walk of Fame...………

https://www.meridianstar.com/news/local_news/meridian-to-honor-david-ruffin-with-street-naming-star-unveiling/article_2dc546e8-153b-5883-a004-7da637e12b1d.html

Wow, it took them a long time to do something like this for David, perhaps the most famous person from that area. Birmingham, AL put up a huge memorial to Eddie Kendricks years ago. Congrats David! Well done Meridan. Thank you Optimal Saint.

As Marv said. This is great news for the Ruffin family.

However, I was unable to open the link in the initial posting so I accessed the paper and got another link. Try this if you are unable to open the initial link.

https://www.meridianstar.com/news/lo...637e12b1d.html

It would be colossal if the book that was underway about David Ruffin would be put out simultaneously with this event.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    As Marv said. This is great news for the Ruffin family.

However, I was unable to open the link in the initial posting so I accessed the paper and got another link. Try this if you are unable to open the initial link.

https://www.meridianstar.com/news/lo...637e12b1d.html

It would be colossal if the book that was underway about David Ruffin would be put out simultaneously with this event.
    I agree! Thank you Woodward.