[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Laugh In

Laugh In

I spent some time on youtube cos I am a great fan of Jo Anne Worley. This link came up and I was surprised to see Diana Ross. I must have seen this at the time but I dont remember it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aou4W29omZk&NR=1

i used to love the laugh in .the german,was great!
    i'v just checked it out in wiki,the people that were on the cast over the years,lily tomlin,pigmeat markham[[i had a chess 7" by him)
    i didnt realise that i was watching goldie horn at the time either!

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    i used to love the laugh in .the german,was great!
    i'v just checked it out in wiki,the people that were on the cast over the years,lily tomlin,pigmeat markham[[i had a chess 7" by him)
    i didnt realise that i was watching goldie horn at the time either!
    A Laugh-In special will air on PBS stations in the US this week. I believe Thursday is the day. Laugh-In was a groundbreaking sketch comedy/variety show in the Sixties.
    The show made stars of Jo Anne Worley, Goldie Hawn, Ruth Buzzi, Artie Johnson, Judy Carne, Henry Gibson, Lily Tomlin and of course, Rowan & Martin.

Diana Ross and the Temptations both made guest appearances on the show, Diana was on the show at least twice.

Sammy Davis Jr., Flip Wilson, Pigmeat Markham, Jayne Kennedy, Theresa Graves and Johnny Brown were also Laugh-In regulars.

George Schlatter produced Laugh-In and he co-produced both TCB and On Broadway with Motown. During a recent interview with Schlatter, I spotted a gold record award for TCB hanging on one of his office walls.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-08-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I spent some time on youtube cos I am a great fan of Jo Anne Worley. This link came up and I was surprised to see Diana Ross. I must have seen this at the time but I dont remember it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aou4W29omZk&NR=1
    There was a Laugh In reunion and clip show on PBS last night. I recorded it and hopefully will get to watch it tonight.

Do you guys in America get the chance to watch shows again up to 7 days later, like we do in the UK.

If you want a good new UK TV series to watch, check this out...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s_Merchandise/

Mrs Brown's Boys. Mrs Brown is a guy dressed up as a woman. Check the cardigans. It's hilarious. Keep the subtitles on though.

Great fun! Always enjoyed Laugh-In, hey you wanna hold my Walnetto?

uptight Guest
    A mail-order company that makes info-mercials called Guthy-Renker was advertising Laugh-In DVDs several years ago on TV. Anyone remember that?

I had spent maybe an hour at Amoeba records store in Hollywood one day. Tired and almost ready to go, I discovered a whole bunch of the Laugh-In DVDs from this Guthy-Renker DVD series in the used DVDs section! Browsing through the bins and reading the descriptions of each disc, I got some great episodes really cheap. And these were not the commercially available compilations made for the Laugh-In boxed set. I wish I could have afforded to buy more from that batch. But had I left the store any sooner, I might have missed out on a great deal.

I can remember being totally in love with Goldie Hawn back then - in fact she's still quite a looker

uptight Guest
    I just realized the black man on this show was the same man who was a regular on Hugh Hefner's Playboy After Dark series. His name was Byron Gilliam aka Stu Gilliam.

uptight Guest
    My sister took me to see Wicked a few years ago, and I was surprised to see Joanne Worley in the play! I had to remind her who the lady on stage was. My sister said, "I didn't think you would know anything about Laugh-In, because you were a baby when it aired." I told her, "Yeah, but I've seen DVDs and TV clips over the years."

Quote Originally Posted by uptight View Post
    I just realized the black man on this show was the same man who was a regular on Hugh Hefner's Playboy After Dark series. His name was Byron Gilliam aka Stu Gilliam.

Byron Gilliam and Stu Gilliam were two different people.
    Stu was a comedian who appeared on Get Smart and in The Mack; Byron was a flamboyant dancer. I don't believe they were related, they just had the same last name. They didn't even look the same. Stu was/is dark complexioned and short; Byron was medium brown and wore makeup and was tall.

I'm working on a book about black character TV and movie actors or support players, so I know they were two different people. There's some incorrect information on the net that confuses these two black actors.

Byron did appear on Playboy After Dark and acted alongside Diana Ross when she was on Laugh-In.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-09-2011 at 12:01 PM.

uptight Guest
    Yup, I certainly did look at that incorrect information on the net that confuses those two black actors. Thanks Kam.

Is he the one that looked a bit like Jesse Jackson

GOD, I LOVED this when I was a KID, Is this available in the UK on DVD?..Thanksa Paulo xxxx

Check out Ms. Ross performing the Ah Ooo Ga Dance and some bits. I loved Laugh In.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N83Csi50GgM

Enjoy.

Thanks for the link....Just made me laugh my ass off again, and again, and again..HA HA...