[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson 2019 Golden Heart Awards

WHat a great cause. Mary sure has a “golden heart!”

She sure does. She is a legend,but she has never forgotten where she came from or how she came up! She sponsors underprivileged school girls in Detroit as one of her charities.

A different interview, same event:

All very commendable i'm sure, but i prefer it when stars do their good deeds in a more quiet and dignified manner rather than as yet another publicity stunt. It is far less vulgar to perform these good deeds without it having to be yet another photo opportunity. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    All very commendable i'm sure, but i prefer it when stars do their good deeds in a more quiet and dignified manner rather than as yet another publicity stunt. It is far less vulgar to perform these good deeds without it having to be yet another photo opportunity. Just saying.
    Jesus Christ did many good deeds and the World knows about them....... Come again!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jesus Christ did many good deeds and the World knows about them....... Come again!
    So are we comparing Mary Wilson with Jesus Christ now? Just when i think you cannot sink any lower you just go ahead and do just that.

So are we comparing Mary Wilson with Jesus Christ now? Just when i think you cannot sink any lower you just go ahead and do just that.
    It is clear you didn't even watch the videos. This was about honoring Smokey Robinson for his work with the homeless through Midnight Mission in LA. You're attempt to start fights is bullshit.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-14-2019 at 06:06 PM.

It is clear you didn't even watch the videos. This was about honoring Smokey Robinson for his work with the homeless through Midnight Mission in LA. You're attempt to start fights is bullshit.
    Bam! LMFAO.

I wonder if his book will be as meaningless as his postings! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    What book?

Glad to see you have finally crawled out of the woodwork.

No i did not watch the video. I don't tend to watch the endless string of interview/photo opportunities of Mary Wilson that you desperately source from the net seemingly each and every day. Thankfully they appear to be drying up as rapidly as the sales of the book are, and then i suspect you will revert to posting old interviews again which i shall not be watching either.

I don't think i could ever be as meaningless as someone who is just a lapdog for Marv who agrees with each and everything his master says.

This makes no sense Bluebrock. When has Mary ever done that? Lots of people publicize the charity organizations that they are involved with, not as a pat on the back, but because if people don't know the organization exists, how the hell can people donate and/or otherwise help?

Okay, remember we fell out about this kind of thing before. Please stop comparing mere mortals such as yourself and Mary to Jesus Christ. There is no comparison. Neither of you will ever match up, so please find another comparison.

No i did not watch the video. I don't tend to watch the endless string of interview/photo opportunities of Mary Wilson that you desperately source from the net seemingly each and every day. Thankfully they appear to be drying up as rapidly as the sales of the book are, and then i suspect you will revert to posting old interviews again which i shall not be watching either.
    So you came into a thread clearly labeled "Mary Wilson [at] 2019 Golden Heart Awards" to not watch the video but instead to criticize Mary about something non existent, such as her "vulgar" way of publicizing her charitable works? You don't wish Mary any ill will but you're celebrating the idea that her book sales are drying up and complaining about the amount of posts that her fans are contributing to the thread, because God forbid anybody in the forum care about someone other than Diana Ross, right? You do realize that you're basically mirroring Marv's behavior that you're so critical about, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    This makes no sense Bluebrock. When has Mary ever done that? Lots of people publicize the charity organizations that they are involved with, not as a pat on the back, but because if people don't know the organization exists, how the hell can people donate and/or otherwise help?
    There are lots of ways to donate to charity without the glaze of the cameras. I recall when Diana opened the Harrods New Year Sale back in the 90's. She was paid an almost obscene amount of cash to do so. She quietly asked for her fee to be donated to a local hospital for terminally ill children. She specifically requested that it be kept out of the press. This is just one of several instances where she donated considerable amounts of money to children's charities. This is a side of Diana that few people hear about. It is a very classy and dignified way of helping those less fortunate.

There are lots of ways to donate to charity without the glaze of the cameras. I recall when Diana opened the Harrods New Year Sale back in the 90's. She was paid an almost obscene amount of cash to do so. She quietly asked for her fee to be donated to a local hospital for terminally ill children. She specifically requested that it be kept out of the press. This is just one of several instances where she donated considerable amounts of money to children's charities. This is a side of Diana that few people hear about. It is a very classy and dignified way of helping those less fortunate.
    What glaze of the cameras? This crap is getting ridiculous. Anything to take a dig. Sad.

What glaze of the cameras? This crap is getting ridiculous. Anything to take a dig. Sad.
    Then why not block me?

All I'm gonna say is congrats, Mary, and move on...

Then why not block me?
    Well the fact that I get sick of your obvious hatred of Mary Wilson and the constant passive aggressive digs you take at her while claiming you wish her no ill will, I don't block you for the same reason I didn't block Marv until he blocked me and then I removed him when I did a blanket unblocking of most of the people on my list on a "let bygones be bygones" tip. You and I always get along regarding the Supremes and other musical subjects even when we disagree, and I generally look forward to whatever it is you have to say about the music. But I'll take your question of "Then why not block me" as a suggestion and a wish and grant it. Fuck you and consider yourself blocked.

I guess it's nice that Wilson does these second-tier charity events, but realistically speaking she gets paid for doing them and these are among the only gigs she can get. Seriously. If she hadn't laid the bomb of the ages on DWTS would she be making time for these events?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I guess it's nice that Wilson does these second-tier charity events, but realistically speaking she gets paid for doing them and these are among the only gigs she can get. Seriously. If she hadn't laid the bomb of the ages on DWTS would she be making time for these events?
    This was an award dinner honoring Smokey Robinson. This was not Mary's charity event, but I guess you can't really read, watch or hear the videos. So sad.....

This was an award dinner honoring Smokey Robinson. This was not Mary's charity event, but I guess you can't really read, watch or hear the videos. So sad.....
    Nice to see Smokey is giving back! At this point in their career they are intrinsically motivated to help others. Hopefully their actions will influence other stars to do the same. Nothing wrong with advertising good works.

Nice to see Smokey is giving back! At this point in their career they are intrinsically motivated to help others. Hopefully their actions will influence other stars to do the same. Nothing wrong with advertising good works.
    and besides, neither Smokey Robinson or Mary Wilson put that video on Youtube.

and besides, neither Smokey Robinson or Mary Wilson put that video on Youtube.
    Plus it is nobody’s business how they spend their time and money.

Exactly. Only someone with a sick axe to grind sees anything wrong with inspiring others to do good.

The Highlight of the Evening!

Former Temptation, Louis Price:

Exactly. Only someone with a sick axe to grind sees anything wrong with inspiring others to do good.
    Albert Bandura developed the Social Learning that posits people emulate the behavior and actions of those around them. Certain celebrities are very generous and they do band together for certain causes.

Albert Bandura developed the Social Learning that posits people emulate the behavior and actions of those around them. Certain celebrities are very generous and they do band together for certain causes.
    Two great examples are "Live Aid" and "USA for Africa".