[REMOVE ADS]

The many voices of Marvin Gaye [[I Want You acapella)

I'd like to get an entire song acapella, something from the "What's Going On" suite.

He was so incredibly talented it was scary! LOL!

The Master at work!

Eamonn

Marvin was one of a kind,a musical genius indeed the likes of which we may never see again.

He "Perfected" the multi track vocal technique ,as far as one artist using their full range of voices. He would use as many as 10 tracks ,doubled and multi phrased ,together ,while just laying down on his back..................chillin. Dayummm ,just to listen to his vocal tracks alone after his experimental "Vernable" tracks ,will show you how he developed his later unique style. Even in death he is still the best ,even though he he had that nagging doubt. Chaka and Michael in my opinion have been his only equals in the vocal recording technique he pioneered.

topdiva1 Guest
    Simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

This BTW is from the PBS 'American Masters' program on Marvin, which doesn't air enough; the gentleman playing Marvin's "voices" through his Pro Tools system is Leon Ware.

Here are more clips:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmast...he-program/75/

Thanks Harry, those clips are great.

Eamonn

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    He "Perfected" the multi track vocal technique ,as far as one artist using their full range of voices. He would use as many as 10 tracks ,doubled and multi phrased ,together ,while just laying down on his back..................chillin. Dayummm ,just to listen to his vocal tracks alone after his experimental "Vernable" tracks ,will show you how he developed his later unique style. Even in death he is still the best ,even though he he had that nagging doubt. Chaka and Michael in my opinion have been his only equals in the vocal recording technique he pioneered.
    Exactumundo! I agree.

Thanks midnightman!!!!

hwume......Thanks for posting that link. THAT is EXACTLY an example of what I was talking about. That's the kind of stuff that should be included on the next quality release on Marvins work. Whatever it may be.