[REMOVE ADS]

"Dawn Medley" - The FLOS featuring Joyce Vincent!

Joyce's legacy gets some play here:

although i am a joyce vincent fan i kind of feel this is cheesey. i would prefer Joyce to sing one of her duets that she recorded such as Here Comes The Spring or Thats The Way a Wallflower Grows.just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    although i am a joyce vincent fan i kind of feel this is cheesey. i would prefer Joyce to sing one of her duets that she recorded such as Here Comes The Spring or Thats The Way a Wallflower Grows.just my opinion
    Right, but no one knows those songs. This group primarily performs well known songs. If that were the case, then Scherrie and Susaye should be doing songs from "Partners" and not songs recorded by the original Supremes. At least the songs Joyce did here, she recorded as a part of Tony Orlando and Dawn.

I love this. Joyce had several big hits and gold and platinum records with Tony Orlando and Dawn, as well as a successful TV series. She should celebrate that part of her career. I am glad the other FLO's are willing to share the stage.... I betcha a lot of folks DO know the Dawn songs.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    I love this. Joyce had several big hits and gold and platinum records with Tony Orlando and Dawn, as well as a successful TV series. She should celebrate that part of her career. I am glad the other FLO's are willing to share the stage.... I betcha a lot of folks DO know the Dawn songs.
    I agree. I pretty much liked all of Dawn's songs in the 70s. My favorite was their remake of Jerry Butler's "He Don't Love You".

Yes love He Don’t Love be you. I wish she sang that. Just can’t take the Tony and Dawn other hits tho it’s fine she sings them. Just my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yes love He Don’t Love be you. I wish she sang that. Just can’t take the Tony and Dawn other hits tho it’s fine she sings them. Just my preference.
    You mean you did not love "Candida"? LOL!

Or Knock 3 times etc etc...��lol

Or Knock 3 times etc etc...��lol
    OMG! How dare you! LOL!!!! It took me a while to like "Tie Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" hehehehehehehehe......

I just can’t get there aaaaaaaa.....

I just can’t get there aaaaaaaa.....
    aaaaaaaaa and nobody cares about that.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    OMG! How dare you! LOL!!!! It took me a while to like "Tie Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" hehehehehehehehe......
    Marv, remember this song was popular during the hostage situation? Several tress in our neighborhood symbolized the hope of the hostages return. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29521449

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Marv, remember this song was popular during the hostage situation? Several tress in our neighborhood symbolized the hope of the hostages return. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29521449
    Oh yeah I remember! Thanks DET! Now here's one for you. Do you remember Byron MacGregor's [[of CKLW) recording of "The Americans"?

Just how many songs in the current FLO's set did S&S actually sing on?....I imagine both High Energy and I'm Gonna Let My Heart are performed... Joyce sang on those songs, so they are rightfully part of her professional legacy. And she is 1/3rd of this trio