[REMOVE ADS]

"Two Lovers" Medley by Mary Wells & Smokey Robinson

This may have been posted here a while back, but it is so good I wanted to share it again:

Also this great [[short) gem of Mary on "Motown 25":

Just wonderful. Thanks Marv. I wish they had made a record together!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Just wonderful. Thanks Marv. I wish they had made a record together!
    Welcome Luke. That is something I wished also. I never understood why they didn't.

Did you notice in the "Motown 25" clip they had the year wrong for Mary Wells' "My Guy"? It was 1964.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Did you notice in the "Motown 25" clip they had the year wrong for Mary Wells' "My Guy"? It was 1964.
    Yes; pretty sad that they got that wrong.

They did record the original "I Want You Around" , never released until a few years ago.

Oh yea, Mary was pregnant with twins in that blue gown, when Motown 25 was filmed.She later miscarried. She told me that gown was falling apart while performing. Those newer people running Motown didn't have a clue of the importance of Mary Wells, The Miracles, The Marvelettes and Martha Reeves & the Vandellas to the foundation of Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    Oh yea, Mary was pregnant with twins in that blue gown, when Motown 25 was filmed.She later miscarried. She told me that gown was falling apart while performing. Those newer people running Motown didn't have a clue of the importance of Mary Wells, The Miracles, The Marvelettes and Martha Reeves & the Vandellas to the foundation of Motown.
    I did not know she was pregnant. Thanks Motony. It was sad how some many were treated that were invited and those not even given a consideration. Jr. Walker also only got 30-40 secs of camera time.

I haven't seen this clip of Mary and Smokey for years. Just noticed that I'm sitting on the bottom step behind Smokey. Thanks for posting Marv.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    I haven't seen this clip of Mary and Smokey for years. Just noticed that I'm sitting on the bottom step behind Smokey. Thanks for posting Marv.
    You're most welcome George. Wow, you were there! I remember seeing this on television in either the Spring or Summer of 1985. Khandi Alexander from "Miami Vice" is also in this clip. The girl sitting on the stoop.

We were series regulars. Khandi was a dancer on the show. I did a fun sketch with her on one episode. A while back Andy posted some quick clips on YouTube called George Solomon in the 1980s. That clip with Khandi is there.

We were series regulars. Khandi was a dancer on the show. I did a fun sketch with her on one episode. A while back Andy posted some quick clips on YouTube called George Solomon in the 1980s. That clip with Khandi is there.
    You know I remember you from wayyy back in the early 80s when Scherrie Payne was in that show [[I cannot recall the name at the moment) in Vegas. Remember? The producer of the "Motown Show" commented on this video which I cannot find at the moment. I wanted to ask him if there was any truth to why Lily Tomlin refused to go ahead with appearance on the show?

Was it called "Dream Street"?

Yes Dream Street. Monica Pege was in the original cast. When she left I asked Scherrie to replace her. And of course she was great and a joy to work with.

Yes Dream Street. Monica Pege was in the original cast. When she left I asked Scherrie to replace her. And of course she was great and a joy to work with.
    I remember being sent reviews and photos of the show when I was in college. I wished I could seen it.

this is great...thanx for posting

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    this is great...thanx for posting
    You're welcome. Hey Glenn how are you doing man?