[REMOVE ADS]




Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 154
  1. #1

    At last...Glastonbury 2020

    Just posted on FB....Diana will be at Glastonbury 2020.

  2. #2
    "Wow".....that's great news. Diana in the UK at last. It could be Central Park all over again.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    You guys are so good...I just saw it on Instagram.🤩

  5. #5
    Just hope she plays 'Diana - the legendary hits' with a decent band instead of recent setlists omitting legendary songs for ordinary covers.

    Also - https://www.facebook.com/BBCArchive/...1275966218902/
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 10-10-2019 at 07:12 AM.

  6. #6
    And the venue is already SOLD OUT.

  7. #7
    I'm sure Bluebrock has been sitting on this news for a while now.

    Please spill the beans BB or as much as you are able to!

    Any rumours of "guest" appearances - Lionel, Barry Gibb?

    I can't believe Diana will do a Glastonbury set without including I'm Still Waiting, Chain Reaction and When You Tell Me That You Love Me.

    This will surely be Diana's crowning moment in her illustrious UK career.

    Diana has her own ideas of course and I can remember times when she would do concerts and strangely not promote her latest material. Far be it from me to suggest her content but maybe a quiet word in her ear that it would really go down well were she to consider including Remember Me, All Of My Life and One Shining Moment!!!!

    There's a distinct possibility that her appearance could see one of her greatest hits albums make a reappearance in the UK albums chart at #1.

  8. #8
    Having recently travelled to New York to see Miss Ross in Radio City where she was in fine Voice I am really hoping this will reignite an interest in Diana / Supremes in the UK
    Both Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie had fantastic reviews to their Glastonbury appearances with Lionel Richie Definitive Collection going straight to Number 1 after his set. Janet Jackson however caught some bad press after her show this year.
    All I would say is Miss Ross has to review her set and tailor it for the UK audience, get rid of more today than yesterday and I will Survive
    Bring in chain reaction, I'm still waiting and enjoy the day , and hope for sunshine.
    I can already see all the hands in the air for Reach Out and Touch this I believe will be her farewell performance in the UK / Europe

  9. #9
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49997124#

    If she behaves and gives the fans what they want to hear then it will an epic occasion.

  10. #10
    Great news!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    I'm sure Bluebrock has been sitting on this news for a while now.

    Please spill the beans BB or as much as you are able to!

    Any rumours of "guest" appearances - Lionel, Barry Gibb?

    I can't believe Diana will do a Glastonbury set without including I'm Still Waiting, Chain Reaction and When You Tell Me That You Love Me.

    This will surely be Diana's crowning moment in her illustrious UK career.

    Diana has her own ideas of course and I can remember times when she would do concerts and strangely not promote her latest material. Far be it from me to suggest her content but maybe a quiet word in her ear that it would really go down well were she to consider including Remember Me, All Of My Life and One Shining Moment!!!!

    There's a distinct possibility that her appearance could see one of her greatest hits albums make a reappearance in the UK albums chart at #1.
    Hi Florence.I shall tell you what i am able to. Diana has been invited to Glastonbury many many times, but always turned it down for various reasons. She felt this was the right time with the new album also due next year.
    Her Glastonbury set will have more than a nod to her UK successes therefore expect the likes of chain reaction, i'm still waiting and when you tell me that you love me to be included in the set. She doesn't perform those songs much in the States so she will need to do some rehearsing. As regards guest stars it is hoped one established superstar will perform with her as well as a "current" star who may or may not be making a guest appearance on the new album. It is all hush hush at the moment.
    I am delighted to say that i will be joining Diana whilst she is in the UK. I am officially retired but there are certain legends whom you do not say no to. Diana is one, and Barbra is the other. I am honoured to be invited for this visit.
    She will indeed do additional UK dates, but probably not until late 2020/early 2021. The bad news is this may well be her farewell UK tour, and other European dates seem unlikely at the moment. She had to agree to the UK tour prior to her signing her new recording contract..
    I will be meeting up with her soon when she arrives for her annual London Christmas shopping trip. Hopefully i will be given more information then.
    As regards a greatest hits compilation it was always the plan to compile a new one which would hopefully include a couple of new songs from the forthcoming album, but that is likely to be held over until 2021. Therefore one of the existing ones will probably be promoted to coincide with her Glastonbury set. Of course all this is subject to change, but barring any family/health issues she has committed to this performance. I was told about it approx 3 weeks ago, and it has been tough keeping the secret to all but my nearest and dearest. I am glad it is finally all out in the open.
    Sadly every ticket has been sold, but there is extensive tv coverage worldwide, and we are about to look into booking Diana onto a few tv shows. There is a very slight possibility that she will also do a promotional tour prior to the actual event where she would do a few tv/radio spots.
    That is all i can tell you at the moment, but i am as excited as you are, and Diana herself is very much looking forward go reconnecting with her UK audience. I am told most of her family will be joining her for the trip, and i dare say will also join her on stage.
    More news as and when...

  12. #12
    Very sweet; what nice news!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Hi Florence.I shall tell you what i am able to. Diana has been invited to Glastonbury many many times, but always turned it down for various reasons. She felt this was the right time with the new album also due next year.
    Her Glastonbury set will have more than a nod to her UK successes therefore expect the likes of chain reaction, i'm still waiting and when you tell me that you love me to be included in the set. She doesn't perform those songs much in the States so she will need to do some rehearsing. As regards guest stars it is hoped one established superstar will perform with her as well as a "current" star who may or may not be making a guest appearance on the new album. It is all hush hush at the moment.
    I am delighted to say that i will be joining Diana whilst she is in the UK. I am officially retired but there are certain legends whom you do not say no to. Diana is one, and Barbra is the other. I am honoured to be invited for this visit.
    She will indeed do additional UK dates, but probably not until late 2020/early 2021. The bad news is this may well be her farewell UK tour, and other European dates seem unlikely at the moment. She had to agree to the UK tour prior to her signing her new recording contract..
    I will be meeting up with her soon when she arrives for her annual London Christmas shopping trip. Hopefully i will be given more information then.
    As regards a greatest hits compilation it was always the plan to compile a new one which would hopefully include a couple of new songs from the forthcoming album, but that is likely to be held over until 2021. Therefore one of the existing ones will probably be promoted to coincide with her Glastonbury set. Of course all this is subject to change, but barring any family/health issues she has committed to this performance. I was told about it approx 3 weeks ago, and it has been tough keeping the secret to all but my nearest and dearest. I am glad it is finally all out in the open.
    Sadly every ticket has been sold, but there is extensive tv coverage worldwide, and we are about to look into booking Diana onto a few tv shows. There is a very slight possibility that she will also do a promotional tour prior to the actual event where she would do a few tv/radio spots.
    That is all i can tell you at the moment, but i am as excited as you are, and Diana herself is very much looking forward go reconnecting with her UK audience. I am told most of her family will be joining her for the trip, and i dare say will also join her on stage.
    More news as and when...
    Thank you my dear and im real happy Miss Ross called on you to work with her in the UK. I knew in my heart she would. God bless you both. xx

  14. #14
    Great news about other UK dates, Bluebrock - I had been worried that Glastonbury might be her farewell UK appearance.

    With tickets for GB almost impossible to procure this will give the fans one last chance to see her as I suspect you are right about this being her swan song.

    Fortunately too the Legends appearance will almost certainly be televised on the BBC.

    The news has gone down exceedingly well in the UK - in the lead news bulletins and on Five Live our national sports/news radio channel they have been playing clips of her past singles all day - with the odd blip such as Stoned Love!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Hi Florence.I shall tell you what i am able to. Diana has been invited to Glastonbury many many times, but always turned it down for various reasons. She felt this was the right time with the new album also due next year.
    Her Glastonbury set will have more than a nod to her UK successes therefore expect the likes of chain reaction, i'm still waiting and when you tell me that you love me to be included in the set. She doesn't perform those songs much in the States so she will need to do some rehearsing. As regards guest stars it is hoped one established superstar will perform with her as well as a "current" star who may or may not be making a guest appearance on the new album. It is all hush hush at the moment.
    I am delighted to say that i will be joining Diana whilst she is in the UK. I am officially retired but there are certain legends whom you do not say no to. Diana is one, and Barbra is the other. I am honoured to be invited for this visit.
    She will indeed do additional UK dates, but probably not until late 2020/early 2021. The bad news is this may well be her farewell UK tour, and other European dates seem unlikely at the moment. She had to agree to the UK tour prior to her signing her new recording contract..
    I will be meeting up with her soon when she arrives for her annual London Christmas shopping trip. Hopefully i will be given more information then.
    As regards a greatest hits compilation it was always the plan to compile a new one which would hopefully include a couple of new songs from the forthcoming album, but that is likely to be held over until 2021. Therefore one of the existing ones will probably be promoted to coincide with her Glastonbury set. Of course all this is subject to change, but barring any family/health issues she has committed to this performance. I was told about it approx 3 weeks ago, and it has been tough keeping the secret to all but my nearest and dearest. I am glad it is finally all out in the open.
    Sadly every ticket has been sold, but there is extensive tv coverage worldwide, and we are about to look into booking Diana onto a few tv shows. There is a very slight possibility that she will also do a promotional tour prior to the actual event where she would do a few tv/radio spots.
    That is all i can tell you at the moment, but i am as excited as you are, and Diana herself is very much looking forward go reconnecting with her UK audience. I am told most of her family will be joining her for the trip, and i dare say will also join her on stage.
    More news as and when...
    Thanks for sharing that info! It’s exciting that a new album REALLY seems to be happening!

  16. #16
    I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Glastonbury is the biggest music event in the world. This is the best exposure Diana could possibly get. I'm speechless with excitement! Wow.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Glastonbury is the biggest music event in the world. This is the best exposure Diana could possibly get. I'm speechless with excitement! Wow.
    That surprises me.

    Better than an Oscar nomination or Kennedy Centre Honour?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    That surprises me.

    Better than an Oscar nomination or Kennedy Centre Honour?
    Not to me but it's up there. She also finally got her Grammy. Now a solo Rock & Roll HOF induction would be nice.

  19. #19
    Yes! Fantastic!

  20. #20
    Wonder if she would do a full version of Stop! so the security guards down the front can do the famous arm action routine

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Wonder if she would do a full version of Stop! so the security guards down the front can do the famous arm action routine
    That'll be a great moment for the show.

    I'm more interested in the Reach Out and Touch portion. ^_^

  22. #22
    Dang Diana you keep on ....keeping your promises !!!! Love you .....Rock It !!!!

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    That'll be a great moment for the show.
    The guards did a rehearsed routine for Barry Gibb's 'Stayin Alive' and I think Kylie Minogue's 'Hand on Your Heart'(?) this year but obviously wouldn't be worth bothering with for just a snippet in a medley.

    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I'm more interested in the Reach Out and Touch portion. ^_^
    A coupla years ago Adele did her finale walking to the front of the crowd and letting some of the crowd sing along on her mike, so it could be done.
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 10-10-2019 at 09:37 PM.

  24. #24
    I heard tickets sold out within 35 minutes from when it was announced.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Dang Diana you keep on ....keeping your promises !!!! Love you .....Rock It !!!!
    I am loving the realization that Glastonbury, the new album and return to the UK all coincide with an important anniversary in Diana’s career; 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the start of Diana’s solo career. Coincidental or planned, the timing is perfect!

  26. #26
    So exciting. 2020 is going to be a big year for Diana Ross. So super exciting!!

  27. #27
    Love the security guard Stop! Idea

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I am loving the realization that Glastonbury, the new album and return to the UK all coincide with an important anniversary in Diana’s career; 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the start of Diana’s solo career. Coincidental or planned, the timing is perfect!
    Oh wow! You're right! It'll really be 50 years! Holy crap!

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Thank you my dear and im real happy Miss Ross called on you to work with her in the UK. I knew in my heart she would. God bless you both. xx
    Thank you Roberta for your very kind words.
    I was kind of hopeful myself, but i have learned not to take anything for granted in this life.
    I am really looking forward to coming out of retirement again. This is going to be very special indeed.

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I am loving the realization that Glastonbury, the new album and return to the UK all coincide with an important anniversary in Diana’s career; 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the start of Diana’s solo career. Coincidental or planned, the timing is perfect!
    I think it is just a very happy coincidence Johnny but who knows for sure?

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    So exciting. 2020 is going to be a big year for Diana Ross. So super exciting!!
    You had better believe it vgalindo. Watch this space!

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Having recently travelled to New York to see Miss Ross in Radio City where she was in fine Voice I am really hoping this will reignite an interest in Diana / Supremes in the UK
    Both Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie had fantastic reviews to their Glastonbury appearances with Lionel Richie Definitive Collection going straight to Number 1 after his set. Janet Jackson however caught some bad press after her show this year.
    All I would say is Miss Ross has to review her set and tailor it for the UK audience, get rid of more today than yesterday and I will Survive
    Bring in chain reaction, I'm still waiting and enjoy the day , and hope for sunshine.
    I can already see all the hands in the air for Reach Out and Touch this I believe will be her farewell performance in the UK / Europe
    That is because Janet Jackson mimed the whole of her set which did not go down well with the audience or critics, one of whom said she managed the rare distinction of sounding out of tune despite miming! Ouch!

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    That is because Janet Jackson mimed the whole of her set which did not go down well with the audience or critics, one of whom said she managed the rare distinction of sounding out of tune despite miming! Ouch!
    Ouch is correct! Everyone knows Janet lip synchs, but that critique is really stinging. I don’t know much about Glastonbury, but from the posts I’ve been reading, it seems to be a major event. I can only imagine the disappointment if this was the feeling of the entire audience...

  34. #34
    I'd love to see the whole audience make the Stop move. That would be a great spectacle and would hopefully bind everyone into what must surely be one of Diana's key performances of her career.

  35. #35
    amazing news blue..back to work with you!!

  36. #36

  37. #37
    Lets just hope that the tired old set list is revised for this grand occasion...this is the biggest festival in the world and one of the biggest stars in the world...dont mess this one up.

  38. #38
    Actually there should be some thought put into the set.

    While it may sound strange a lot of the audience won't know much about Diana's songs.

    The tickets for the Festival were sold out before any performing artists were known.

    While Diana was one of the most recognisable music stars in the UK up to the nineties she has really been out of the public eye for literally most of the new Millennium and many younger people aren't aware of her - this becomes obvious on quiz shows.

    It's not like a concert where everyone will have bought a ticket especially to see Diana.

    Maybe they should get a Greatest Hits album out 2/3 weeks in advance and heavily promote it. The news has caused a real buzz in the UK Media and generated massive publicity already.

    I'm thinking there should probably be a slant towards more uptempo numbers although I personally prefer her ballads.

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Lets just hope that the tired old set list is revised for this grand occasion...this is the biggest festival in the world and one of the biggest stars in the world...dont mess this one up.
    It will be a set that concentrates on her biggest UK hits. Whether you regard that as a tired old set list is up to you. It is unrealistic to expect her to dig out some classic album tracks that we may love, but a mainstream audience would not be familiar with. You can expect a few Supremes classics along with the major solo hits. She is likely to concentrate on uptempo material for the most part, but expect a few timeless ballads such as Touch me in the morning, Mahogany, Endless love, when you tell me that you love me. There will also be a couple of surprises.
    Do you have any sensible recommendations?

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Actually there should be some thought put into the set.

    While it may sound strange a lot of the audience won't know much about Diana's songs.

    The tickets for the Festival were sold out before any performing artists were known.

    While Diana was one of the most recognisable music stars in the UK up to the nineties she has really been out of the public eye for literally most of the new Millennium and many younger people aren't aware of her - this becomes obvious on quiz shows.

    It's not like a concert where everyone will have bought a ticket especially to see Diana.

    Maybe they should get a Greatest Hits album out 2/3 weeks in advance and heavily promote it. The news has caused a real buzz in the UK Media and generated massive publicity already.

    I'm thinking there should probably be a slant towards more uptempo numbers although I personally prefer her ballads.
    There will be some heavy promotion in the weeks leading up to Glastonbury. It has not yet been decided if there will be a newly compiled greatest hits or if an old compilation will be repromoted. Additional dates are yet to be confirmed. She will be making tv and radio appearances leading up to the festival, but we have not even begun to look into that yet.
    She has a new album to record and more live dates in the States to complete before her attention turns to Glastonbury.

  41. #41
    Can't wait to see a clip of her performing "I'm Still Waiting".

  42. #42
    I suspect that she won’t perform many ballads. This is a party atmosphere. Even here in the states, ballads are kept to a minimum. I don’t think she will drop “Survive”. It is a “general concert goer” favorite. Too bad because she has many other songs she could substitute with. Perhaps “Have fun again” with Nile. If she does go with Mark Bronson as the producer of her new album, a guest appearance by him is almost certain.

  43. Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It will be a set that concentrates on her biggest UK hits. Whether you regard that as a tired old set list is up to you. It is unrealistic to expect her to dig out some classic album tracks that we may love, but a mainstream audience would not be familiar with. You can expect a few Supremes classics along with the major solo hits. She is likely to concentrate on uptempo material for the most part, but expect a few timeless ballads such as Touch me in the morning, Mahogany, Endless love, when you tell me that you love me. There will also be a couple of surprises.
    Do you have any sensible recommendations?
    I would recommend Remember Me; My Old Piano and You Are Everything - which were certificated as Silver in the UK. I bet fans from the England would love to hear Not Over You Yet too.

    By the way, is there any chance Diana performs in South America next year?

  44. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Can't wait to see a clip of her performing "I'm Still Waiting".
    She will do that one for sure.

  45. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    amazing news blue..back to work with you!!
    Thank you Jimi!

  46. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Ross Fan Club View Post
    I would recommend Remember Me; My Old Piano and You Are Everything - which were certificated as Silver in the UK. I bet fans from the England would love to hear Not Over You Yet too.

    By the way, is there any chance Diana performs in South America next year?
    She won't do any of those songs i'm afraid. She will only be on stage for around 1 hour. There will not be enough time. Sorry .
    As regards performing in South America i would say the chances are practically nil. She will continue to scale back her performances, and it is looking increasingly unlikely she will perform outside of the UK and USA.

  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It has not yet been decided if there will be a newly compiled greatest hits or if an old compilation will be repromoted.
    A great opportunity for Ross 78 and Reflections EE to be released.

  48. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I suspect that she won’t perform many ballads. This is a party atmosphere. Even here in the states, ballads are kept to a minimum. I don’t think she will drop “Survive”. It is a “general concert goer” favorite. Too bad because she has many other songs she could substitute with. Perhaps “Have fun again” with Nile. If she does go with Mark Bronson as the producer of her new album, a guest appearance by him is almost certain.
    I'm afraid i will survive will be included in the set. She loves performing that song, and there is no way she will consider leaving it out.
    As regards Mark Ronson performing with her i will just say watch this space!

  49. #49
    Wow...only 1 hour....will this be televised?
    I think by now we know what songs she will do .maybe we will get a new song but not sure when exactly when this will be happening. Glad she is still touring.
    Not holding my breath on universal. But it would be nice

  50. #50
    Bluebrock....I was referring to the shows that Diana has been doing for the last few years...the sat list has not changed in all that while and it would be a shame to not use this oppotunity to show the folks that she does have more hits than the ones she has been singing in the same show for years....there are so many clips on the internet of Diana singing the same hits over and over...so yes it will be good if she is going to include some U.K hits...i wasnt expecting her to include some obsure album tracks in her set list...just include a few different hits that she hasnt done in a while.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.