[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Is the new album going to be released before the Glastonbury show?

It’s pretty hard to leave out You Can’t Hurry Love, Stop, Baby Love and Why Do Fools and IWS are concert songs, but maybe add to it with You Keep Me Hangin On, Come See About Me and although it wasn’t one of her biggest hits, LILAIIMH. And add I’m Still Waiting, Chain Reaction, WYTMTYLM and Remember Me for England

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It’s pretty hard to leave out You Can’t Hurry Love, Stop, Baby Love and Why Do Fools and IWS are concert songs, but maybe add to it with You Keep Me Hangin On, Come See About Me and although it wasn’t one of her biggest hits, LILAIIMH. And add I’m Still Waiting, Chain Reaction, WYTMTYLM and Remember Me for England
    As much as RTL gets sleighted by all sides, it at least gave us a live version of LILAIIMH. I would love to hear another version of it. It must be one of the least live-performed Supremes songs of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Ross Fan Club View Post
    Is the new album going to be released before the Glastonbury show?
    Probably not. It is currently slated for a Sept/Oct release, but that could of course could change.

I very much doubt LILAIIMH or CSAM will be included. Remember Me is a possibility. The others are nailed on certainties.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Wow...only 1 hour....will this be televised?
    I think by now we know what songs she will do .maybe we will get a new song but not sure when exactly when this will be happening. Glad she is still touring.
    Not holding my breath on universal. But it would be nice
    The whole festival is broadcast live on the BBC. It is quite difficult to avoid actually.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Bluebrock....I was referring to the shows that Diana has been doing for the last few years...the sat list has not changed in all that while and it would be a shame to not use this oppotunity to show the folks that she does have more hits than the ones she has been singing in the same show for years....there are so many clips on the internet of Diana singing the same hits over and over...so yes it will be good if she is going to include some U.K hits...i wasnt expecting her to include some obsure album tracks in her set list...just include a few different hits that she hasnt done in a while.
    She will do the big UK hits that missed out in the USA for sure along with the major hits that were big on both sides of the Atlantic, but the performance will be geared towards a mainstream audience . Therefore if you are expecting any real surprises you are likely to be disappointed.

As regards Glastonbury, i just hope Diana selects songs that suit her voice as to where it is now. She does not always save her best vocals for the big occasion so i for one will be keeping my fingers crossed.
    I expect to hear virtually the same set list as An Audience with Diana Ross from way back in 99. Perhaps a new song if she gets to record that album. I may choose not to sit through the now obligatory "I Will Survive" due to health reasons.
    I so wish "Paradise" had been a hit as it would make a great show opener/closer for such a venue. Also it's a Diana Ross song.
    Although this is all very exciting news, it is the possibility a new album that i await with fervent anticipation.

I would go for a re-release of the Universal 2011 collection The Greatest - 44 tracks nearly all UK hits and a great price with a number of her biggest hits with The Supremes.

It sort of fell between the cracks when the promotion was quickly pulled although it did eventually reach Silver status.

Obviously One Woman was a monster but with over 1.3m sold many have it.

Maybe she should consider Remember Me if this was to be her last UK appearance - she could use it as her reprise and leave the stage to "Remember me as a good thing".

My personal fav Diana single and much underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    I would go for a re-release of the Universal 2011 collection The Greatest - 44 tracks nearly all UK hits and a great price with a number of her biggest hits with The Supremes.

It sort of fell between the cracks when the promotion was quickly pulled although it did eventually reach Silver status.

Obviously One Woman was a monster but with over 1.3m sold many have it.

Maybe she should consider Remember Me if this was to be her last UK appearance - she could use it as her reprise and leave the stage to "Remember me as a good thing".

My personal fav Diana single and much underrated.
    It's also my personal fav too Florence. Such a beautiful song, and one of Diana's favorites too, but it is likely to be left out in favour of other crowdpleasers.
    I suspect you may not be far out when you say the set list could be similar to the Audience with Diana Ross special from 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I very much doubt LILAIIMH or CSAM will be included. Remember Me is a possibility. The others are nailed on certainties.
    Come See About Me has been in her show for years now.

At the concerts I have attended in the UK Diana has always achieved fantastic crowd engagement. Typically, it involves Reach Out And Touch. However, I wonder if All For One might work as something new? It is such a lovely song with a great meaning.

The Glastonbury legends concert usually has the artist performing their greatest hits . This will be the standard Diana Ross greatest hits concert with her U.K. hits added in. To expect anything different will only set up some fans for disappointment.

When is this show.....any dates

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I am not expecting it to be performed at Glastonbury.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    When is this show.....any dates
    June 2020.

Considering "My Old Piano" was such a huge hit in the UK and would surely be a huge crowd pleaser, it seems strange Diana never performs the song when over here.. I can't imagine Glastonbury will be any different. It would surely make for a far better choice then "I will,you will, we will.............. YET AGAIN.
    I can only assume Diana herself is simply not fond of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Considering "My Old Piano" was such a huge hit in the UK and would surely be a huge crowd pleaser, it seems strange Diana never performs the song when over here.. I can't imagine Glastonbury will be any different. It would surely make for a far better choice then "I will,you will, we will.............. YET AGAIN.
    She has never performed it live to the best of my knowledge. I would be most surprised if she started doing it at this stage of her career.

She has never performed it live to the best of my knowledge. I would be most surprised if she started doing it at this stage of her career.
    Shame. It seems an obvious choice to me.
    As it will obviously be included, it would be nice for Diana to perform an album version of "Chain Reaction" rather than the sped up concert version?. I always think it dilutes the song making it sound a little to cabaret.

Shame. It seems an obvious choice to me.
    As it will obviously be included, it would be nice for Diana to perform an album version of "Chain Reaction" rather than the sped up concert version?. I always think it dilutes the song making it sound a little to cabaret.
    My hopes are not very high for that happening Ollie.....

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Yes it has. She does include it quite often.

My hopes are not very high for that happening Ollie.....
    Mine either lol.

A British Music paper gives there Glastonbury Diana Ross dream set list.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/...etlist-2557333

setlist.fm posts Diana's 'average' setlist for 2019 as:

I'M COMING OUT
    More Today Than Yesterday
    STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE
    Come See About Me
    YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE
    TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING
    LOVE CHILD
    THE BOSS
    UPSIDE DOWN
    LOVE HANGOVER
    Ease on Down The Road
    The Look of Love
    Don't Explain
    Why Do Fools Fall in Love
    MAHOGANY
    AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH
    I Will Survive
    REACH OUT AND TOUCH

This set would last around an hour. I've capitalised the ones I think MUST be included in her set. I would hope the others would be replaced by the ones below:

Chain Reaction
    You Keep Me Hanging On
    When You Tell Me That You Love Me
    I"m Still Waiting
    Endless Love
    Baby Love
    My Man [[if she's gonna do any LSTB track it should be this one)

She really needs to cater to the UK general audience not to her uber-fans. I guess she can keep I Will Survive if she has to - at least the crowd will sing and dance along to it. I would rather not hear Why do Fools Fall in Love, but guessing she would insist on it.
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 10-15-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Probably not. It is currently slated for a Sept/Oct release, but that could of course could change.
    Ooh I didn't know the new album had a release date coming! What label is she signed to?

Explains why she doesn't perform Someday We'll Be Together, I don't think she ever liked that one lol

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Explains why she doesn't perform Someday We'll Be Together, I don't think she ever liked that one lol
    I can kind of understand why she doesn't like to perform "Someday" due to various connotations. "My Old Piano" on the other hand was a big solo hit in the UK and is surely a crowd pleaser. It is also a song most people, at least in the UK seem to know and is even mentioned in the newspaper Glastonbury wishlist that Roberta kindly posted.
    I would love for it to replace "IWS".....though i know it never will......sigh lol.

True. My Old Piano has almost become a rarity these days. That said, I love CHIC's work in it.

I can kind of understand why she doesn't like to perform "Someday" due to various connotations. "My Old Piano" on the other hand was a big solo hit in the UK and is surely a crowd pleaser. It is also a song most people, at least in the UK seem to know and is even mentioned in the newspaper Glastonbury wishlist that Roberta kindly posted.
    I would love for it to replace "IWS".....though i know it never will......sigh lol.
    There is more chance of Mary Wilson joining her on stage than her dropping IWS.

There is more chance of Mary Wilson joining her on stage than her dropping IWS.
    That is good news knowing that it can't be ruled out completely.

That is good news knowing that it can't be ruled out completely.
    Ha ha. I am glad you can see that it is a real possibility Ollie ��

Bluebrock, we may have asked you this before.

I’m sure Diana Ross and her family have dealt with all kinds of overzealous and crazy fans and people looking for money, but does she have any knowledge of this site and the negative side of it?

Bluebrock, we may have asked you this before.

I’m sure Diana Ross and her family have dealt with all kinds of overzealous and crazy fans and people looking for money, but does she have any knowledge of this site and the negative side of it?
    She is vaguely aware of it. She has been known to briefly visit it on a few occasions, but there is someone VERY close to her who is on this forum very regularly.

I wish Miss Ross nothing but success in this concert date. She sounds and looks great and I am sure whatever set she chooses will be delightful for her audience of fans. I am sure we will have a review on here when it happens.

Hi Florence.I shall tell you what i am able to. Diana has been invited to Glastonbury many many times, but always turned it down for various reasons. She felt this was the right time with the new album also due next year.
    Her Glastonbury set will have more than a nod to her UK successes therefore expect the likes of chain reaction, i'm still waiting and when you tell me that you love me to be included in the set. She doesn't perform those songs much in the States so she will need to do some rehearsing. As regards guest stars it is hoped one established superstar will perform with her as well as a "current" star who may or may not be making a guest appearance on the new album. It is all hush hush at the moment.
    I am delighted to say that i will be joining Diana whilst she is in the UK. I am officially retired but there are certain legends whom you do not say no to. Diana is one, and Barbra is the other. I am honoured to be invited for this visit.
    She will indeed do additional UK dates, but probably not until late 2020/early 2021. The bad news is this may well be her farewell UK tour, and other European dates seem unlikely at the moment. She had to agree to the UK tour prior to her signing her new recording contract.. very interesting . I wonder what label she has newly signed to that has this much power over her? Did they demand the Glastonbury appearance as well?
    I will be meeting up with her soon when she arrives for her annual London Christmas shopping trip. Hopefully i will be given more information then.
    As regards a greatest hits compilation it was always the plan to compile a new one which would hopefully include a couple of new songs from the forthcoming album, but that is likely to be held over until 2021. Therefore one of the existing ones will probably be promoted to coincide with her Glastonbury set. Of course all this is subject to change, but barring any family/health issues she has committed to this performance. I was told about it approx 3 weeks ago, and it has been tough keeping the secret to all but my nearest and dearest. I am glad it is finally all out in the open.
    Sadly every ticket has been sold, but there is extensive tv coverage worldwide, and we are about to look into booking Diana onto a few tv shows. There is a very slight possibility that she will also do a promotional tour prior to the actual event where she would do a few tv/radio spots.
    That is all i can tell you at the moment, but i am as excited as you are, and Diana herself is very much looking forward go reconnecting with her UK audience. I am told most of her family will be joining her for the trip, and i dare say will also join her on stage. Oh dear, to perform ?? She only has but an hour as it is , right? Do the good subjects of Britain have that much interest in her "kids"?
    More news as and when...
    thanks for the info Bluebrock! [[See inserts)
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 10-18-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    thanks for the info Bluebrock! [[See inserts)
    I don't know how many of them will be joining her on stage but i am told most of the immediate family will making the trip over so i suspect it could be a stage invasion!

What song did DR use to open her concerts with before "I'm Coming Out" became a hit?

Don’t know about before, but even after that song became a hit she had opened her shows with it’s my turn, swept away, the boss, And take me higher. I’m sure there have been others as well, if others could chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    What song did DR use to open her concerts with before "I'm Coming Out" became a hit?
    I’ve personally have seen her open up with “Ain’t no Mountain”. And “Its my turn”.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I’ve personally have seen her open up with “Ain’t no Mountain”. And “Its my turn”.
    Ok, thanks. It seems that she's just been opening to ICO, the last couple of shows that I've seen. I haven't see or heard of her opening to It's My Turn in ages.

I think her first solo opener was DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE. Also in the 70s, I've seen her open with TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING, HERE I AM/I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING, and AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH.

Other openings over the years [[besides those already mentioned) have been CHAIN REACTION and a medley of I'M COMING OUT and UPSIDE DOWN.

Ok, thanks. It seems that she's just been opening to ICO, the last couple of shows that I've seen. I haven't see or heard of her opening to It's My Turn in ages.
    When I saw her in-the-round in 1984, she made her way to the stage while singing IT'S MY TURN.

In the last decade, The only other song that she opened her shows with, that I recall, was the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    When I saw her in-the-round in 1984, she made her way to the stage while singing IT'S MY TURN.
    Yes. I was at a huge in the round arena back in 1983 and that’s how she opened the show.

I don't know how many of them will be joining her on stage but i am told most of the immediate family will making the trip over so i suspect it could be a stage invasion!
    thanks ! what say you about my other inquiry?

She had to agree to the UK tour prior to her signing her new recording contract.. very interesting . I wonder what label she has newly signed to that has this much power over her? Did they demand the Glastonbury appearance as well?

'The Boss' tour performance I attended featured 'Ridin' High' as an opener, then on to 'I Ain't' ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    'The Boss' tour performance I attended featured 'Ridin' High' as an opener, then on to 'I Ain't' ...
    Diana opened a Dallas show in 1982 with Home; I’m Comin’ Out was the second song. Really surprising, but this was immediately following a Detroit show in which she also opened used Home. She may have liked the response “at home” and wanted to try it on the road...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Diana opened a Dallas show in 1982 with Home; I’m Comin’ Out was the second song. Really surprising, but this was immediately following a Detroit show in which she also opened used Home. She may have liked the response “at home” and wanted to try it on the road...
    That's an interesting opening. When I saw her that same year, she was back to opening with AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH followed by I'M COMING OUT and THE BOSS. She didn't perform HOME at all.

The great thing about those early 80’s shows is that they were mostly in the round. The house lights would dim and then you would hear that legendary voice singing something like, “I can’t cover up my feelings in the name of love”. Then she appears amongst the audience singing.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    The great thing about those early 80’s shows is that they were mostly in the round. The house lights would dim and then you would hear that legendary voice singing something like, “I can’t cover up my feelings in the name of love”. Then she appears amongst the audience singing.
    I did enjoy those shows. It proved that although the dancers, mimes, and lasers were nice, they weren't needed. Diana alone had thousands in the palm of her hand.