[REMOVE ADS]

If there’s a cure for this/ Found a cure

Is it possible that Ashford and Simpson wrote “Found a cure” for “The Boss” album as a follow up to “Love Hangover” where Diana famously sings “if there’s a cure for this, I don’t want it”? If I’m not mistaken, both albums came out the same year. Maybe Diana rejected it and A&S decided to record it themselves. Is it possible? What do you think?

Definitely possible. The song has a strong DR/Boss vibe.

I always felt this was a Diana Ross song from their sessions that was rejected , So Ashford & Simpdon , believing in it , went with it themselves.
    Love Hangover's line may be from where they drew their lyrical hook's inspiration, but maybe that's why Diana gave it a pass--- she'd already clearly declared she DIDN'T want no cure .
    I'd also question Diana's vocal strength to as forcefully deliver the FOUND A CURE declaration as Nick did.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 10-10-2019 at 03:18 AM.